Why is Fortnite the only game that crashes on my Xbox? It only crashes when I play battle royal

Discus and support Why is Fortnite the only game that crashes on my Xbox? It only crashes when I play battle royal in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Fortntie is the only game that crashes on my Xbox. I’ve tried to re-install, clear saved data, clear persistent storage, hard reset, taken it for a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Matthew Carshagen, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Why is Fortnite the only game that crashes on my Xbox? It only crashes when I play battle royal

Fortntie is the only game that crashes on my Xbox. I’ve tried to re-install, clear saved data, clear persistent storage, hard reset, taken it for a service and baisicly everything else. I play on Xbox 1s. When I play creative or something else it doesn’t crash but when I play Battle Royale, it freezes for 5 seconds then sends me to the Xbox Home Screen.

:)

Matthew Carshagen, Dec 31, 2023
  2. Matthew Carshagen Win User

Why is Fortnite the only game that crashes on my Xbox? It only crashes when I play battle royal

Hi Kyle,

I have contacted epic games and they didn’t know of any issue. When I contacted Xbox support, the person chatting to me said “recently, lots of people have had that issue”

Could it be because of Xbox?
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Did Xbox Support advise anything else about this issue specifically?

If it's only Fortnite that's crashing, and only battle royale, it is likely an issue on Epic's side and not Xbox. Especially since you've tried many solutions on the Xbox side already such as getting your console serviced. It could be an issue with the Xbox version of the game but from what I've seen, crashes have been more common on all platforms since the Chapter 5 update.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Matthew. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Have you reported this issue to Epic Games? It sounds like this is an issue with Fortnite specifically so it would be best to let the developers investigate. You can contact their Player Support from this page: https://www.epicgames.com/help/

Thanks,
    Kyle
  5. Chunky Sama Win User

Xbox app dvr upload

Fortnite Battle Royale is a free to play game. I downloaded it from the Epic Games website and it is not from the MS store.

Sadly, I do not own any pc games in the MS Store, only from steam.

But Fortnite is also available on xbox, so why can the app not realise what game it is?
  6. JordanHicks1 Win User

Trying to play fortnite

Using my xbox one, the loading screen when first going into Fortnite takes a very long time to load, almost seeming the freeze halfway. After this, when pressing A on the option to play battle royale, the button highlights as though it is clicked, but nothing
    happens and it stays like that for 2 minutes or so before the whole game crashes.

Only way I have found to fix this is to reset the console but keep the games installed, but the problem comes back after trying to get into the game once or twice more.

Would appreciate any help, thanks.
    IT WONT LET ME PLAY ON PC
Thema:

1. Why is Fortnite the only game that crashes on my Xbox? It only crashes when I play battle royal - Similar Threads - Why Fortnite game

2. Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...: Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games with no issues. 7155aeef-7405-408d-b41b-6d616f274c11
  3. why can i only cloud game fortnite on my vr headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can i only cloud game fortnite on my vr headset: so i downloaded the xbox cloud game app on my meta quest two thinking i could play xbox games on my Oculus so i tried it out and the setup was fast and easy but i can only cloud game fortnite and...
  4. why is the only game crashing is fortnite? (crashes at the enter screen when u have to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is the only game crashing is fortnite? (crashes at the enter screen when u have to...: everytime i try and play fortnite it kicks me out when i have to press a to start i can hear the sound then it lags and i get kicked and, i tried hard restarting it, i factory reset, deleted the...
  5. When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?: Everytime I go onto a big game like mw3 it says I'm not connected to the Internet, it has been fine all day downloading the game but as soon as I go onto the actual game it disconnects me. I've...
  6. Fortnite cloud gaming on PC is very slow and laggy yet works fine on mobile. Any idea why??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite cloud gaming on PC is very slow and laggy yet works fine on mobile. Any idea why??: Fortnite cloud gaming on PC is very slow and laggy yet works fine on mobile. Any idea why?? 3255d2d3-4bae-4eb3-88f6-fd4dc4c9b95c
  7. Why can't I play free-to-play games like Fortnite on a different console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play free-to-play games like Fortnite on a different console?: I have an xbox console set up in my living room (this is designated as my 'home' console) but I also have a second xbox which is in a bedoom. My account is on both consoles as are 2 other accounts...
  8. Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...: Sometimes the power supply randomly shuts off. Then I plug it out for 10 seconds it comes back on, no light flashes it's just the usual orange and white light I'm confused why this happens and why...
  9. why is my Fortnite screen solid blue but can hear game sound?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my Fortnite screen solid blue but can hear game sound?: Fortnite is showing a solid blue screen upon starting game, game sound can be heard but blue screen stays solid so can't play game. What's up with this? dd3d293c-e421-4078-bb73-1f810e94fa4d
  10. Why is Fortnite on Xbox cloud gaming so laggy I’m on iPhone 12 anyone help??

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Fortnite on Xbox cloud gaming so laggy I’m on iPhone 12 anyone help??: Neeed help I don’t see any setting in the iPhone for like a game mode or anything but I can’t play Fortnite it’s super laggy d0cd22be-ad2d-4dbc-b650-02483c2d1251