Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?

Discus and support Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller, my first, expensive controller, and I've been happy with it so far. Now the bumpers are starting to be faulty, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Loacker Christoph, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?

I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller, my first, expensive controller, and I've been happy with it so far. Now the bumpers are starting to be faulty, the fault is already known.

The controller is still under warranty. However, I have no option on the website to use this guarantee. I can only have accessories sent to me at my own expense(!). Furthermore, there is no possibility of speaking or writing to a human(!). The AI help goes in circles, there is absolutely no useful information on the website.

You spend so much money on a controller but Microsoft doesn't seem to care about the customer at all.

hopefully there will be a human employee here

:)

Loacker Christoph, Apr 26, 2024
  2. Loacker Christoph Win User

lmgtfy:

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-fix-xbox-elite-series-2-bumper/
    "The notorious Xbox Elite controller bumpers can and do fail..."

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/15...-controller-series-2-hardware-issues-warranty

"...The Verge has received reports of the face buttons getting stuck, or the Elite 2 not registering button presses."

here we go

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/elite-series-2-bumper-repair/387f68c4-16f7-432a-9518-1c1ae04d3a3f

I
    tried to fill out repair order, but, as mentioned above, those are the only options i got.

Bumper IS a known issue, as you can see.

Btw., it doenst matter what caused 2 years warranty, it is in place and i'm in the right to use it.
  3. The_Last_DJ Win User

4. ngocphi Win User

You usually have to fill out repair orders at devices.Microsoft.com not troubleshooting

Accessories are always sent in at user expense bumper isn't a known issue I think you are mis quoting it

It's stick drift that is the most common issue and that caused the 2 year warranty
  5. Killface8800 Win User

My parents smashing my x box

Warranties are for when a product fails through no fault of the customer (or relatives of the customer in this case). Say you got a new xbox, and 1 week later it just stops working, for no reason at all. That's where a warranty comes in. Any intentional
    damage from an outside party won't cover that.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Why is Microsoft customer service so bad?

Ok what is your issue

If it's a game related issue yes they will send you to the developer as customer service IS NOT game support nor do they troubleshoot third party devices

If it is the troubleshooting page for your actual problem that's for you to try

In short we cant help you if you don't describe your issue

If it's not related to xbox but a third party xbox support cannot help no support line can help that except the manufacturer
Thema:

1. Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases? - Similar Threads - Why customer friendliness

2. why as a paying customer can i not post on a games forums because of home share?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why as a paying customer can i not post on a games forums because of home share?: I home share with my nephew and together we bought Diablo 4 on his account so the blizzard forums wont let me post because I don't "own" the game. Since Microsoft just bought ABK I'm not surprised...
  3. Why can’t Xbox players join a custom server in Minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t Xbox players join a custom server in Minecraft?: I have an Xbox and the only servers I can join are the featured servers (Hive, CubeCraft, etc…). Bedrock on PC can add custom servers but for some reason console cannot. I have tried to find a...
  4. why as a paying customer can i not post of a games forums because of home share?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why as a paying customer can i not post of a games forums because of home share?: I home share with my nephew and together we bought Diablo 4 on his account so the blizzard forums wont let me post because I don't "own" the game. Since Microsoft just bought ABK I'm not surprised...
  5. Why does Xbox Customer Support and the new strike system suck so hard lately?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Xbox Customer Support and the new strike system suck so hard lately?: Sorry if this thread comes off as me being a massive hot dog, but I'm fed up with xbox support, and the new ban system. Call me a 30 year old boomer for remembering game chats of the 360 days. I...
  6. Why does Microsoft not provide any type of customer service? They charge all this money for...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft not provide any type of customer service? They charge all this money for...: Why does Microsoft not provide any type of customer service? They charge all this money for subscription but make it impossible to access customer service via phone or online chat support....
  7. Why can’t I customize the keyboard on Microsoft edge on my Xbox a photo and put a photo on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I customize the keyboard on Microsoft edge on my Xbox a photo and put a photo on...: What can I put a photo on the Xbox keyboard off the edge and why can I switch the start up screen on the Xbox series X start up screen to the Xbox one X type screen be pretty cool just some ideas...
  8. Why won't my Xbox custom gamer picture change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my Xbox custom gamer picture change?: I checked and it showed no sign of Xbox servers being buggy and usually my custom picture changes almost instantly but this isn't the problem as to it is know not changing as fast as normal And I...
  9. Why won’t my custom gamer picture upload?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t my custom gamer picture upload?: The gamer picture I’m trying to upload is a mirror selfie of me. It’s not inappropriate or against any guidelines…I’ve tried uploading for the past couple days. Normally Xbox is able to verify my...
  10. Why cant i upload a custom image from the xbox app (pc)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i upload a custom image from the xbox app (pc): Why cant i upload a cumstom image from the xbox app (pc) There are only the xbox made images 5f0b6108-f209-460e-84f0-106dd76cbc8c