Why is call of duty modern warfare 2 freezing in multiplayer splits screen?

Discus and support Why is call of duty modern warfare 2 freezing in multiplayer splits screen? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So since season 4 on call of duty modern warfare 2 was released, we have been trying to play split screen. But every time we add the second player the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Some_Guy3, Jun 28, 2023.

1. Some_Guy3
    Some_Guy3 Guest

So since season 4 on call of duty modern warfare 2 was released, we have been trying to play split screen. But every time we add the second player the game just freezes up. We had ben able to play the game for roughly a week after installation the updates I added my sons new profile to my friend list and then this issue started.

Process goes as follows.

Game launch

Sign in player 1

Add second controller

Press A to join

Select player profile

Sync profile

Message saying player 2 was added to party appears

After this, we see the game freeze 3-5 seconds later. We can't change menus obviously can't launch a match or anything of sorts. We can still hear the music in the background but. We do not get kicked back to dash board, we do not get error messages. Literally nothing happens, we just sit starring at a frozen picture on the screen.

To correct this we tried.

Resetting the game

Clearing MAC ADDRESS/ local games save

Hard resetting the Xbox

Unplugging the Xbox

Changing ports

Hardwire connection

Testing the speeds

Uninstalled/reinstalled the game ( which is great as we live in the country with **** internet.).

Tried getting in touch with Activision only to be told we don't see anything wrong on our end and it must be something on my end.

Spoke to an Xbox rep only to be told to try Activision again.

Nothing seems to be working to resolve this. I'm getting really frustrated spending so much on the few games that meet the criteria needed for my wife and I to play together only for them to crash and then the producers of said games not give a **** to fix the issues.

I would appreciate if someone can help me out or offer a refund cause this is ridiculous. Solo play works fine every other game works fine. Just COD MW2 as per normal for this time of year starts to crash out and die.

:)

Some_Guy3, Jun 28, 2023
  2. imatt B4M Win User

COD MW2: Can play 1 on live, not 2 ... AHHH HELP PLZ!!!!

Are you playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 or Call of Duty: Black Ops? With Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 an issue could be you are trying to play split screen online multiplayer over Xbox Live. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 does not support split
    screen online multiplayer. On the other hand if you are playing Call of Duty: Black Ops split screen online multiplayer is support however both accounts must be gold subscriptions (unless the 2nd user is signed in as a guest). If this problem proceeds please
    power off your console and wait some time and try again. Good luck! :)
  3. Some_Guy3 Win User

I'm not sure to be honest. I sent them a message going step by step.

1.start console

2. Launch game

3. Turn on player 2s controller

4 press A to join

Etc....

I also stated the steps I took to hopefully resolve this issue.

power cycle router

Clear cache

Clear local saved data

Hard reset

Uninstall reinstall

They wanted me to make a YouTube video and tag them into it. I had waited a day or 2 before starting to work on it asi was busy. When I got around to doing the video the issue had resolved itself. So I'm not sure. Maybe they got enough information from me writing a chapter on how your game is broken for dummies guide. I'm not really sure.

But I would recommend contacting them.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck.
  4. shelby boles Win User

Is it still freezing? We still can’t play split screen it’s so annoying.
  5. Kimberly Pierce1 Win User

My husband and I play split screen together. We are capable of playing in different rooms but prefer to be in the same room together. We are on day 2 of it freezing within 30 seconds of me joining split screen. We also have tried it all! You are not alone. We are frustrated and very annoyed of this happening. We keep running into issues with the split screen for the past year. It is absolutely ridiculous.
  6. One Ausi Win User

What did they end up doing to fix your issue? My wife and I are having the same problem. As soon as I add her account as player 2 it freezes
Thema:

1. Why is call of duty modern warfare 2 freezing in multiplayer splits screen? - Similar Threads - Why call duty

2. Why is call of duty so laggy 1/2 the shots don't register when does xbox plan to fix this.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is call of duty so laggy 1/2 the shots don't register when does xbox plan to fix this.: Call of duty has only gotten worse sense its launch when does xbox plan to start fixing this broken game. 8aba9f9c-62b1-4301-8d09-8bfce0aa8a57
  3. Why doesn't the call of duty allow me to play multipler or zombies as have xbox x that made...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't the call of duty allow me to play multipler or zombies as have xbox x that made...: Won't allow me to play multiplier or zombies on the mw3 vault upgrade version on my xbox x e381ce0c-de05-4b4e-b8cc-59223ea3f74c
  4. Why I dont get my achievement on Call of duty , World war 2 its 1 of the easiest around !!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I dont get my achievement on Call of duty , World war 2 its 1 of the easiest around !!!!: I dont get my achievement on call of duty ww2. The one for 21 daiky challenges and im 1000% sure about it that i made those after all those years !! But now i wanna 100% all Call of duty before...
  5. Why can’t I play of Call duty. Someone purchased the vault for me and I can’t play it it’s...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play of Call duty. Someone purchased the vault for me and I can’t play it it’s...: A friend had purchased call of duty for me and I redeemed the code and as soon Ila’s I started to download the games. And it says downloaded there is no sight in seeing anything else they are all...
  6. Why is my whole call of duty game downloaded but my multiplayer is not so I can’t get online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my whole call of duty game downloaded but my multiplayer is not so I can’t get online: Why is my whole call of duty game downloaded but my multiplayer is not so I can’t get online Should I uninstall and redownload it 1bcc714d-01c4-4474-9867-e5552e750983
  7. why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3 but still saying to preorder the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3 but still saying to preorder the game: why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3. it is still saying to preorder the game. everything says locked. i bought the vault edition. its also past the release date so when am i...
  8. Why am I signed out of Xbox live when I launch call of duty black ops on my Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I signed out of Xbox live when I launch call of duty black ops on my Xbox one?: I have an Xbox one and just got black ops again as I heard the servers were opened back up. I also purchased the new form on live so I could play this game. Every time I launch the game it...
  9. Why is Xbox charging full price for old Call of duty games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Xbox charging full price for old Call of duty games?: My friends and I were interested in jumping back into CoD WW2 over the fall break when I noticed that the game is still being sold for upwards of $60 online. Naturally we decided not to buy since...
  10. why can't I play call of duty cold war on this specific account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can't I play call of duty cold war on this specific account: cold war closes anytime I try entering the game on this account but another account works jus fine da158cff-840c-4f28-ae9d-75ee1c741121