Why I will never use a credit card again to pay for the XBox Live Gold Subscription

Discus and support Why I will never use a credit card again to pay for the XBox Live Gold Subscription in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I should have paid better attention at the time of linking my credit card to my nephew's Xbox Live Gold subscription. My credit card statement shows a... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Carl.cloud, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Carl.cloud
    Carl.cloud Guest

Why I will never use a credit card again to pay for the XBox Live Gold Subscription

I should have paid better attention at the time of linking my credit card to my nephew's Xbox Live Gold subscription.

My credit card statement shows a renewed Xbox Live Gold subscription fee in the amount of $59.99.

Now it's onto a disputed charge with the credit card company.

Here's my chat with the MSFT rep on Tuesday, August 13th, 2019, 22:24:

ene R has joined the chat

Microsoft Answer Tech

Welcome to Microsoft Support for Xbox. How can I help?

Please be aware that if you switch apps or change focus to another window while working with us, you may get disconnected from your chat session. To ensure the best support experience, please stay active in this chat window.

Thanks for contacting Microsoft Xbox Support, my name is Rene, I hope you are doing great today, how can I assist you?

cancel my XBox Live Gold subscription

Unfortunately, in the heat of the moment, I added my credit card number to my nephew's Xbox account.

I am unable to login to Xbox because my current Microsoft profile is not affiliated with this credit card

I should have paid my nephew cash for the subscription and had a parent enter their credit card to maintain the subscription.

There is no telephone number to remove my credit card number from the nephew's account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...or-turn-off-recurring-billing-for-subscriptio

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-for-subscriptio?fref=services_help_cancelSub

and these support links don't help b/c I don't have access to my nephew's account

HI and thanks for sharing all what happened at this time, I know you might fell frustrated for the situation

But I would love to do my best to see what can be done now that I am here with you.

So the subscription you want to cancel is you nephews subscription correct?

Yes. I was just billed $59.99 . I discovered this on my credit card statement

and no longer wish to pay for the subscription.

OK, is there a way we can get acces to his account?

These online support reference aren't helpful. It would be if I used my Xbox account to match with my credit card

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027815/microsoft-account-cancel-or-turn-off-recurring-billing-for-subscriptio

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-for-subscriptio?fref=services_help_cancelSub

Do you have his gamertag or email> that will be the easies way to go ahead and help you out with more steps

No. no way to contact my nephew. Family is going through a divorce.

and there family and religious issues afoot.

No. There is no means to contact my nephew.

No. None of the details. All I have is my credit card number to match the payment with the account

OK

So?

IN this case of course I want to help you out!.

but?

And I am trying to see any other step, what it is stoping us is the fact that we need to acces that account

to make sure we can request a refund for that charge

keeping the window open...

Sorry to insist is there a way we can access to your nephews account?

I understand the issue on the family side but I really want to help you. and it is the only way to do it. the other way is that you will need then to go to your bank to dispute the charge.

Here' s the plan: I will file fraud charges with the credit card company and if I go to the MSFT Shareholders meeting, I will yell and scream about this. Sounds like we've wrapped this up.

THat's really too bad because I enjoy the MSFT Dividends and typing from a surface tablet

So... the process is now up to the credit card company and I'll dispute the charge of $59.99. Have a good evening.

:)

Carl.cloud, Aug 16, 2019
  2. DAZZA 433 Win User

I'm done with microsoft and xbox one

You have never been able to use your microsoft account balance to pay for a subscription and its likely this will never change, PayPal or credit card would be required or alternatively you can buy xbox live gold subscription cards from retailers.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

I have a problem with the purchase of Xbox Live Gold

It is because you cannot use currency in your account to pay for a subscription. The only ways you have ever been able to purchase Xbox Live Gold is with credit/debit card, Paypal or with a prepaid Gold subscription card. There has never been a way to
    use currency or points to buy Gold.
  4. Rylaker Win User

You answered your own question in your first sentence "I should have paid more attention..."

It's not microsoft's job to fix your error of putting your credit card on an account that you can't access. I would appreciate them trying to help you, and move on to disputing the charge, or just paying for it (your error) and cancelling the card.
  5. Bokor Zombie Win User

Hi
    Carl.cloud

I also recommend you put a cease on your card from the Bank side as well. Depending on the bank they can advise you if the card is trying to be used in the future with purchases from organisations/companies they you advise them of.
  6. Carl.cloud Win User

I was all hopeful about your suggestion until I read a little more:

"In order to submit your request, you will need to be signed in to the same account on which the purchase was made."

Yah, it's unfortunate. Because of a family divorce I don't have contact with my nephew. There will be no way to coordinator an account sign-in.

I should have made the purchase under my Microsoft account; but, in the heat of the moment, you just put in the credit card number to get things moving.

Never again!

Thanks for the brief period of hope.
Thema:

1. Why I will never use a credit card again to pay for the XBox Live Gold Subscription - Similar Threads - Why never credit

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why am I getting charge 12.99 a month for something I've never used

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I getting charge 12.99 a month for something I've never used: Getting charged 12.99 a month for something I've never used 34e39b1d-8bfd-462e-aa83-18c9c3e7b069
  4. Why do you guys never help and when you do you provide an answer that wasn't the question.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do you guys never help and when you do you provide an answer that wasn't the question.: I am trying to redeem Xbox play points for a ten dollar gift card. When I did the phone verification it took a half hour for the code to go through so naturally I thought it was a connection issue...
  5. why I'm I get packet loss after 8pm never before evey night

in XBoX on Consoles
    why I'm I get packet loss after 8pm never before evey night: for weeks now I've been get packet loss but the weird thing is only happens after 8pm never before I've spoken to Vodafone for hour an half running tests but nothing wrong on there end. I'm wired...
  6. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...
  7. Why am I part of an xbox family even though I never had it set up that way or own an xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I part of an xbox family even though I never had it set up that way or own an xbox: My account is the child account in a family with no adult and I can’t figure out how to leave or what to do 9dfb969f-31d3-4fdb-8acc-c54fbda8325c
  8. Why am I being charged for something I never purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I being charged for something I never purchased?: Why am I being charged for something I never purchased? 0c2dfc80-7d46-4fc5-9e8e-cd9c884aadb0
  9. Why am I out of changes even though I've never touched the offline permissions settings in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I out of changes even though I've never touched the offline permissions settings in...: I wanted to play Starfield offline, but couldn't because I needed to turn on offline permissions. When I went to turn it on, I saw that I've reached the limit of 3 changes in a year. What? I've...
  10. why can i only hide achievements instead of deleting from a game I WILL NEVER PLAY?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can i only hide achievements instead of deleting from a game I WILL NEVER PLAY?: one literal mistake of an A button and my profile is forever stained with bs that i will never play or look at 728ad0c0-e609-41f6-914d-b72da569ddac