Why I cant remove and connect my xbox controller

Discus and support Why I cant remove and connect my xbox controller in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Im trying since yesterday using older and the newest drivers available to connect my xbox controller because I connected it on an xbox and now I cant... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Margiantas, Oct 12, 2023.

1. Margiantas
    Margiantas Guest

Im trying since yesterday using older and the newest drivers available to connect my xbox controller because I connected it on an xbox and now I cant reconnect it to my computer. I tried to remove the device but it shows me all the time remove failed. I managed to remove it using the regedit because even on device manager i was getting the same message and I managed to remove it but since then Im still having an xbox controller paired on my bluetooth settings and i still cant remove it but you cant find it on device manager ( I checked the hidden devices) and my bluetooth adapter can find my xbox controller when im selecting to connect with a bluetooth device it but It always shows me that there is a problem connecting with it

*** Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Devices and drivers ***

:)

Margiantas, Oct 12, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Margiantas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble removing and connecting your Xbox controller to your computer. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. If you are using Bluetooth adapter, unplug it from your computer and plug it back in. This can sometimes help reset the connection.
    2. Try connecting the controller using a USB cable instead of Bluetooth. This can help determine if the issue is with the Bluetooth connection or the controller itself. Use Xbox Accessories app to update your controller.
    3. Make sure your computer's Bluetooth is turned on and discoverable. You can do this by going to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices and making sure the toggle switch is turned on.
    4. Try resetting the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on.
    5. If none of these steps work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth drivers for your computer. You can do this by going to Device Manager, finding your Bluetooth adapter, right-clicking on it, and selecting "Uninstall device." Then restart your computer and the drivers should automatically reinstall.

I hope these steps help you connect your Xbox controller to your computer.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. dAkainub Win User

You'll need the internet for this. Paradox

let me start again I tried connecting controller via usb cable but it wont sync I googled the problem and apparently the solution is to update the controller but im unable to do so because my xbox is not connected to internet even through ethernet cable
    im not sure why .

without working controller I cant connect to wifi and without wifi I cant update my controller so basically I cannot do anything
  5. MariusHeer Win User

adaptive controller

Hi, I cant use a microphone with my adaptive controller and 'quad'-stick.

Is there a way to plug in a mic directly into the xbox via usb?

Not getting any answers on other threads.

if there isnt a way to connect directly via xbox usb ports, why is that and why hasnt it been changed? Not everyone wants to connect via their controller.
  6. ThatDudethatdude Win User

Cant connect to wireless internet

Does anyone know why i cant connect my xbox to my hotspot
Thema:

1. Why I cant remove and connect my xbox controller - Similar Threads - Why cant remove

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward: Ive had a prolonging issue for several months that I have ignored thinking it was just some tiny issue i would not have to deal with next time i checked. However my xbox messages me that i can...
  5. Why cant I join my friend on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I join my friend on minecraft: My friends and I, have been recently trying to joing eachother on minecraft but have been having immense trouble. Whenever we try to join our friends world, it says its downloading whichever add...
  6. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...
  7. Why cant I join a discord call on my xbox one S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I join a discord call on my xbox one S?: I have literally done every trick in the book at this point. Ive unlinked and relinked my discord account like 10 times, factory reset my xbox with the games and apps not touched 3 times, reset...
  8. Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...: I can't stream on my xbox one X, I have tried to logging out of my twitch and my xbox account on my xbox, it didn't work 97eeeb71-4d6c-46f5-8043-5867f8452a39
  9. why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this: I previously had the Xbox one s, but yesterday bought the Xbox series s as an upgrade to be able to play ncaa football coming out in July. My issue is that I can no longer play rainbow six siege...
  10. Why cant my wireless internet connect when its IPv4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant my wireless internet connect when its IPv4: So a year or two ago i go a new xbox series s (no disk) when i signed in i connected to the internet. Before that i had a different internet but after the new router was put in by spectrum it was...