Why I cant play gta 5

Discus and support Why I cant play gta 5 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My game worked until the update and now I can't play 2c7db40d-b1e8-4bd0-b098-d332946ca19f Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IAm xExpert876x, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Why I cant play gta 5

My game worked until the update and now I can't play

:)

IAm xExpert876x, Dec 13, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Why I cant play gta 5

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your GTA V game.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

If I may ask, are you playing the game on your Xbox console or Windows PC?

May I have the exact error messages/codes upon attempting to launch the game?

If you are playing the game on an Xbox console, kindly try to perform the following workarounds according to the official Xbox website: (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution)

Note: Solving this issue may take many steps.

"1. Remove your account, power cycle, and re-add your account:

Here's how to remove your account:

> Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    > Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
    > Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

Power Cycle:

> Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

> Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

Then re-add your account.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    Select Profile & System > Add or switch > Add new.
    Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.

Note: Make sure that you do not select Get a new account unless you want to create a new Microsoft account.

Enter the password for your Microsoft account, and then select Enter.
    Review the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept.
    Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In, security & PIN preferences to finish adding your profile to the console.

2. Kindly try to clear the local save for your GTA V game and resync with the cloud. Here's how:

It’s possible that the local save for your game has become corrupted. If so, deleting the local save and re-syncing with the cloud might correct the problem.

First, delete the local save:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and then select My games & apps > See all > Games.
    Highlight the game title, and then press the Menu button  on your controller.
    Select Manage game and add-ons > Saved data.
    Select Delete all to remove the local save of this game, then follow the prompts.

After you delete the local save, restart your Xbox:

Press and hold the Xbox button  in the center of your controller.
    Select Restart console, then follow the prompts.

After you restart your Xbox, re-sync your saved games to the cloud. Your saved games are automatically stored in the cloud while you’re connected to the Xbox service.

Try installing the game again to see if re-syncing with the cloud corrected the game problem.

Note: When doing this step please make sure that you used to play this game online so that all your data is saved to the cloud."

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. UnchargedTerror Win User

GTA5 Any else not interested?

I have no idea how GTA IV got a 10 from IGN even in 2008. I cant play it the driving is clunky the health system is *** poor and the shooting is abysmal , but it was 5 years ago. I have such high hopes for GTA 5
  4. Pandasaur cx Win User

Cant play GTA 5

Hello AvidTwo38,

The older models of Xbox have a terrible time with GTA V. Did you check your storage device where the data was stored? You'll have to move your save over to the USB so you won't have to start over. There is a possible chance that it may or may not remove
    the problem.
  5. ye highness Win User

Cant play GTA 5

i'm having the SAME exact problem. i have the same xbox, no harddrive. I use a 16gb USB to save disc 1 install on & everything was running super smooth for about a few days. then last night, the above problem happened. still can't get it fixed
  6. MisterFizzle Win User

Cant play GTA 5

Hey ye highness,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with GTA V.

There are a couple of things to try for this:

• Have you tried Installing the game to a different storage device?
    • Are you able to try a different set of discs to play?

Please let us know and we'll go from there.
Thema:

Why I cant play gta 5

1. Why I cant play gta 5 - Similar Threads - Why cant play

2. Why cant I play a friend on my ultimate pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I play a friend on my ultimate pass: When I play a freind why does it keep going to cloud game and not normal game download 33560f2e-350b-42e1-9dd9-95a4cd9cd297
  3. Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?: For several years i have owned Halo The Master Chief Collection (and DLC) Plants Vs Zombies Castle Crashers Battle Block Theater and recently after my 24 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...
  4. System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play resident evile 5 why and why cant i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play resident evile 5 why and why cant i...: System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play Resident evil 5 and i've gone off line to play and it wont let either when i try to play offline it say " due to communication error the network...
  5. why cant i play r6 even tho i have game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i play r6 even tho i have game pass ultimate: i have monthly paid for game pass ultimate and have been playing seige for the past 7 months but suddenly i have not been able to play because it says i need game pass the payment has came out of...
  6. .why cant i play fh3 online on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    .why cant i play fh3 online on xbox: Hi. I just bought xbox live gold(core) and i want to play forza horizon 3 online but the option doesnt open in the game. On my profile it says that i am able to play online, so i redeemed the code...
  7. Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games: Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games 4178a91d-d1dc-4e4b-a91f-53ad85ce6bfb
  8. i preordered mw3 why cant i play it now that it’s been released?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i preordered mw3 why cant i play it now that it’s been released?: i preordered MW3 and when i enter the game it just shows me that all game modes are locked until i buy the game. i don’t understand why it wants me to purchase it again. i have already had issues...
  9. Why cant I play the MW3 campaign early on my account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I play the MW3 campaign early on my account?: The account that pre ordered the game is the home xbox on the console, but it wont let the other accounts on there play it. Other games that are shared by the home xbox account still work....
  10. Why i cant play COD modern warfare 2019 campaing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i cant play COD modern warfare 2019 campaing: I cant play COD modern warfare 2019 campaing 18b6511c-1a6c-47dd-87f3-5caaf228d219