Why I cant instal game to USB flash disc?

Discus and support Why I cant instal game to USB flash disc? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I connect USB falsh disc to my Xbox 360 but I cant instal games on it... Can you let me know why? Thanks for HELP! BR Tomas... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tomik56, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Tomik56
    Tomik56 Guest

I connect USB falsh disc to my Xbox 360 but I cant instal games on it... Can you let me know why? Thanks for HELP! BR Tomas

:)

Tomik56, Dec 14, 2016
  2. daxmims
    daxmims Guest
    Please tell me this is a sick joke

You need a 16 gb USB flash drive. It MUST have sufficient read speed 15mb/s

"This initial install will require an Xbox 360 Hard Drive or an external 16GB USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of free space. If using a USB flash drive it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance. "

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...-V-Xbox-360-and-PS3-Installation-Requirements

Good Luck

daxmims, Dec 14, 2016
  3. Boroda UA
    Boroda UA Guest
    HD TEXTURE PACK + 4GB SLIM \ 16GB USB FLASH DRIVE

Can UBI or Microsoft clear things up:

Can i instal HD TEXTURE PACK on my Xbox 360 4GB SLIM, or in my USB Flash Drive?

I don`t have HDD, so can i?

Or this HD TEXTURE PACK like, HD TEXTURE packs from EA games Battlefield3\MOH\Armyof2...wich won`t install on USB! and work only from HDD!

Boroda UA, Dec 14, 2016
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

GTA 5 ring damage on disk

Hi there GGK Nuts

I wouldn't recommend that you install the play disc to your hard drive.

-

support.rockstargames.com/.../200155686-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Xbox-360-and-PS3-Installation-Requirements

-

I did however install the install disc to my hard drive and the play disc to a PNY Attache USB flash drive and the game plays fine.

-

If you do install the play disc to a USB flash drive there are minimum requirements

-

If using a USB flash drive it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

What did you do while waiting for the game to install?

[quote user="X QS X MSR X"]

obsessive. Why would you tell people to install disk two? -_- man that has alot of bugs.[/quote]

It was a typo, I meant to say disc 1 which is the install disc. Disc 2 is the play disc. Like I said though, the game is 16GB.

Actually you can do it the install the other way round if you like, and Install the 'Install disc' to a USB Flash drive and the 'Play Disc' to the hard drive. As long as your Flash drive passes the Xbox USB storage test you won't have any issues.

If however you install both to the hard drive, the data can not be retrieved fast enough in some places causing pop-in graphics.
  6. HomegrownSilky Win User

GTA 5 keeps restarting

Where have you installed the install disc? HDD? USB flash drive?
  7. HardlyCapable13 Win User

rockstar is saying don't install both disks, just one

I installed the "install disc" to my HDD and the "play disc" to a USB flash drive. Works like a charm. Zero pop in or other negative effects.
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

(Alien Isolation) HDD vs Disk

Hi,

I read that Eurogamer article too. USB Flash has no moving parts, so data seek times are down to a minimum, however, there is still the issue of the shear amount of data that has to be streamed, which means even the fastest flash drives would still suffer.
    I'm pretty certain that streaming from disc and hard drive will still be faster than just from flash drive alone.

There is another alternative. Buy the disc version, install the main disc to the console hard drive, and fully install the play disc to a suitably fast USB flash drive. That way you won't be putting huge strains on your DVD drive, and it may help eliminate
    performance issues. I did it with GTA V. I installed the game to the hard drive and the play disc to USB Flash drive. The game ran beautifully with no pauses or texture pop-in.
Thema:

1. Why I cant instal game to USB flash disc? - Similar Threads - Why cant instal

2. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  3. why I cant install racing wheel drivers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why I cant install racing wheel drivers?: why I cant install racing wheel drivers? I get this error and cant solve the problem, help me to solve this please... 4143c1d7-679e-4aa1-aecb-9597383a149c
  4. Why cant I Install Games anymore? (suspect is E; Drive?)

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I Install Games anymore? (suspect is E; Drive?): *EDIT*** The issue might be caused by the other SSD. So Normally I use my E: Drive as the location for my game installs, but for some reason Xbox/Microsoft will not install anymore games onto it....
  5. Why cant I install minecraft bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I install minecraft bedrock: Im trying to play Minecraft bedrock but its not letting me install. Its showing a frown face. Whats the prblem. 8d89f843-2c58-46d5-ba3e-70f955f1d492
  6. Why I cant install xbox games intob xbox for windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I cant install xbox games intob xbox for windows 10: Hello, I have a subscription xbox pas games ultimate , with this subscription I can play lots of xbox games on my pc. I have an external hdisk where I prefer install my games. I set in general...
  7. i bought 109.99 diablo iv version why i cant install it???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought 109.99 diablo iv version why i cant install it???: i bought 109.99 diablo iv version why i cant install it???i can download only the base version omg i payed 100 plus euro for nothing? 6225b88e-d2f8-461e-8dce-aae2dd961a54
  8. Why i Cant install D4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i Cant install D4?: Hallo, i bought the Game at first as normal Version. After that i bought the deluxe Version at the Store. Why i can't Play it now. Thank you for the help. Best greetings. Arkadius...
  9. Why cant I install my Fable 3 for PC anymore and why do I need windows (or xbox) live for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I install my Fable 3 for PC anymore and why do I need windows (or xbox) live for...: I have owned Fable 1 and 3 for the PC for years. I have purchased all of the DLCs and played them several times. Now that miscrosoft killed windows live.... I can no longer play Fable 3. I try to...
  10. why cant i download install or update my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i download install or update my games: whenever i click download or cancel or install it just sits at zero percent the entire time and it does literally nothing it just sits there i need help please im on xbox game pass for windows 10...