why I can only hear discord audio but the games and etc I dont hear

Discus and support why I can only hear discord audio but the games and etc I dont hear in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I start xbox I cant hear a thing besides discord party I tries reseting console and controller but id doesnt work. help. Aslo I am using wired... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kozak_PL2137, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Kozak_PL2137
    Kozak_PL2137 Guest

When I start xbox I cant hear a thing besides discord party

I tries reseting console and controller but id doesnt work.

help. Aslo I am using wired headset.

:)

Kozak_PL2137, Dec 27, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

If you're having audio issues with groups, try the following solutions.
    Solutions

Check the Xbox status page. If you see any services with alerts, expand the service, scroll to Notifications, and sign in to receive a message when the service is back up and running.
    Xbox status
    If you can't hear the person you want to chat with after joining their group, try these suggestions:

Check that your privacy settings allow communication with everyone. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Online privacy and security > Xbox privacy. Select View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer, then make your changes.

Unmute or unblock the person you're trying to chat with. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then select Groups & chats. Select the group to expand the group list, choose the person you want to unmute, and select Unmute.

Check the group chat volume for each person in your group. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then select Groups & chats. Select the group to expand the list of groups, choose the person you want to check out, and then check that their volume slider is at a level you can hear.

To change the volume level, move left or right with the D-pad or left stick to adjust the volume slider.
    Check that you joined the group chat from the group window.

Check to make sure you are not on a Discord voice channel. If you are, you'll see "Discord" and the channel name. If you're in a Discord voice channel, go to the following page for troubleshooting tips:

How to use Discord with Xbox
    Check to see if the group member who can't hear has Noise Suppression enabled in their settings. To activate or deactivate this option:
    Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and select Groups & chats.
    Select the group displayed, and then press the A button  > Options.
    Turn Noise Suppression on and off.
    Aspects that you should take into account

This feature is enabled by default to help remove unwanted background noise from group audio, such as music, nearby fans, traffic, etc. If you are trying to share these other sounds with the group, you must disable Noise Blanking to unblock any external sounds.
    Noise suppression is enabled only on Xbox Series X|S consoles.

You may be experiencing network latency issues or other network issues. To do this, check your network's detailed statistics by following the steps described in:
    Network settings on Xbox console
    You may be experiencing an issue related to Network Address Translation (NAT):
    Troubleshoot NAT and Multiplayer Errors Games

Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/troubleshoot-xbox-one-party-audio

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  3. adriana sanchez1 Win User

Can only hear discord audio through headset on Xbox One

The same problem is happening to me , i have turtlebeach headset for my xbox one and i can only hear my friends thru discord i cant hear the game in the background of my headset , ive done everything i can to fix them but the audio wont come out from my headset just the discord call
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

How do I make it so I can hear and the other person can hear me without friending them

not that i am aware of, they have to be on your friends list to hear them which is stupid, hence why i only use discord now (better quality, more features etc.)
  5. Jean Serrano Win User

How can I fix audio issue on my xbox one?

It didn’t work. I use headset to hear the game right and when I play I can hear the game party and discord as nothing is happening. But the game audio and the main menu theres no sound its like it’s muted. When it started the issue I used to turned off or restart the xbox one and it work but now it doesn’t…
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Can only hear discord audio through headset on Xbox One

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. why I can only hear discord audio but the games and etc I dont hear - Similar Threads - why hear discord

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?: I have installed Fallout 4 a few times now with GamePass on my xbox s series and every time i do i cant get the audio for the characters to work, unless i pause the game in between every sentence,...
  5. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  6. Why can Xbox hear me but not deliver of play back my messages to others?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can Xbox hear me but not deliver of play back my messages to others?: At first I had the connect as a communal microphone on the Xbox One. Recently I changed to a 3.5 mm communal mic the plugs into a splitter which splits chat and headphone sound separately and...
  7. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  8. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  9. When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay: I’m trying to fix this problem because i wanna become a streamer but when i stream my audio doesn’t work no game sounds not me talking or my friends. Is there a way i can fix this...
  10. Why can’t my friends on discord hear me when I join their call through my xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t my friends on discord hear me when I join their call through my xbox?: My audio and party settings are set to everyone and both of my discord and Xbox accounts are linked. I am able to stream fine but for some reason they cannot hear me. I was wondering if they...