Why have i stopped receiving security codes via text?

Discus and support Why have i stopped receiving security codes via text? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Last night i was setting up my new series x. when trying to play MW3, it would not connect, saying i needed game pass (which i have, i was playing... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kab298, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Kab298
    Kab298 Guest

Last night i was setting up my new series x. when trying to play MW3, it would not connect, saying i needed game pass (which i have, i was playing gamepass games prior to this point). while trying to figure out what was going on, i was promtped time and time acount to go to microsoft.com/link and enter the code shown on screen. after doing this i was receiving security codes, some of which were showing as invalid when entered. suddenly, i stopped getting the texts with the codes so now i cannot log my profile in when using my series X. i cannot get thru to chat or request a call no matter what i try on the contact us form. i am not sure what to do. after having this console less than 24hrs, im ready to Office Space it and just move along. any suggestions?

:)

Kab298, Nov 25, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Kab298,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that your having problem signing in your profile in your Xbox Series X due to having problem with the security codes that is not working. Let us work as a team to get to the bottom of this.

If we may ask, are you using Microsoft Authenticator app to sign in your Microsoft account?

For the meantime, we can try resetting your password by signing your Microsoft account through the account landing page. Open a browser in PC or mobile device and go this link: https://account.microsoft.com and sign in your Microsoft account. Let us know if you can sign in just fine.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Kab298,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. InCaudaVenenum Win User

Security code

Have you tried to receive the security code via alternative means: phone number tied to account (text vs phone call)
  5. Fuzionz xD Win User

My Xbox live account was suspended...

i have contacted why this happens as it will happen for 2weeks then stop eventually and make sure you have pass code activated on your account as it will reduce the chance of entering a code you received by text .

please be assure that Microsoft Xbox has one of the best security protocol now to ensure all customers are safe from hackers and thus .

thank you please reply back back if you encounter any more problem and we will reply back as one of us available
  6. ShagNasty718 Win User

Xbox account swap with new email.

Change your settings so your security code will be sent to your cell via text instead of Email. Account.live.com / overview / edit security info
Thema:

1. Why have i stopped receiving security codes via text? - Similar Threads - Why stopped receiving

2. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  3. Why does Spotify or Netflix stop playing as soon the candy crush window launches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Spotify or Netflix stop playing as soon the candy crush window launches?: I have always listened to Spotify or watch Netflix while I play Candy Crush, but the in the last week, when I launch the game on my phone, either Netflix and Spotify both stop playing(not both at...
  4. Why has Microsoft edge stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has Microsoft edge stopped: I'm on a Xbox 1 Microsoft edge stopped working today I can't search anything use my A button or even see my cursor when in the app but when I leave everything The following buttons work Y for...
  5. Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?: I had a previous question about this, but I did some more testing and found more info that may help determine the problem. Essentially whenever I take a game clip I can access it through the...
  6. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  7. Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?: Everytime I’ve tried to report someone, nothing happens, but when they report me for calling them “stupid” or “a bot” I get a strike. I also can’t make looking for group posts on my main account....
  8. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  9. Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations: Hi recently when installing some games my xbox gets about half way then clicks once or twice before stopping the install and I have to manually restart it any idea what this could be? It only...
  10. why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?: i’ve been trying to install fortnite for the past few days looking up all sorts of ways to fix the problem but nothing seems to work. ive tried probably every method that i could find on youtube...