Why hasn’t my gamertag changed?

Discus and support Why hasn’t my gamertag changed? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, 2 days ago I used a egift card to change my xbox gamertag. The gamertag still hasn’t changed. I have tried logging in and out, and I have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Cameron Haji, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Cameron Haji
    Cameron Haji Guest

Hi,

2 days ago I used a egift card to change my xbox gamertag. The gamertag still hasn’t changed. I have tried logging in and out, and I have tried restarting my xbox yet it has not changed. I spent money on this change. Can someone please tell me what to do.

:)

Cameron Haji, Dec 28, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Cameron H, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

Remember that this is a possible solution, if it doesn't work for you we can try another one.

Note: This is a public forum therefore, I suggest you not share your personal information.

I am very sorry for the problem you are experiencing with the Gamertag, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a publication by Gerardo C., an independent advisor, where he mentions the reasons why perhaps it has not been The change was made effective and I thought it was good information, which you should take into account:

In this case, it is recommended that you wait a period of between 48 and 72 hours without trying to change your gamertag so that in case it is a system problem or a temporary block, it will be removed.

It is also recommended that after this period of time you try changing your gamertag from different devices or browsers in case the problem persists.

Information Source (Credit): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/9b348fd7-7a5d-4cb0-858d-1f0dc6f1c906

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. s4us Win User

hello, I had the same problem. Just try to change your gamertag in the web (if you change it on Xbox) it will be free
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Why hasn’t my gamertag changed ?

Hello there, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I’m sorry to hear your gamertag hasn’t changed after waiting this time, in some cases, this can take more than the expected.

I would like to confirm, may I know if you’re able to see the new gamertag on your Xbox profile, or even there the old gamertag still appears?
  5. Shiroxnz Win User

My gamertag didn't change!

Happened with me a while ago,

Try restart your Xbox and if it still hasn’t changed, I clicked on the change gamertag option and typed my new name in and it swapped it immediately without asking for another payment.

I’m guessing that it bought the gamertag change but now wants you to type the same name in to actually use it.
  6. The of gentil Win User

Change gamertag

I did not change my gamertag, I don't no why my gamertag change
Thema:

1. Why hasn’t my gamertag changed? - Similar Threads - Why hasn’t gamertag

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  6. Why hasn’t my refund processed

in XBoX on Windows
    Why hasn’t my refund processed: I have refunded this game 10 days ago and it says approved but it has not refunded yet. I have payed with ms credits cfa24960-4bea-4380-9ac7-cec1abb98eab
  7. Why do I keep getting banned for my gamer pic it it hasn’t even changed. I just got a 3...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I keep getting banned for my gamer pic it it hasn’t even changed. I just got a 3...: So I was trying to change my gamer pic but I would not upload so I tried a few more times then a hour later this e031c70f-2929-4d26-a98f-7d8d6c11e4fb
  8. Why hasn’t my child account updated to a adult one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why hasn’t my child account updated to a adult one: I am currently 21 and my xbox account is still a child’s account. I have read that your account is supposed to become an adult account when you turn 18 but it has not. I have also checked to see...
  9. Why hasn’t my gamertag changed ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why hasn’t my gamertag changed ?: I changed my gamertag, spending 10 dollars, it’s been past 48 hours+ and it still hasn’t changed can someone help me out on what’s going on ? 965d2b8e-a5d1-4586-a779-af331135041d
  10. Someone said multiple profanities to me and called me the r word why hasn’t he been banned.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Someone said multiple profanities to me and called me the r word why hasn’t he been banned.: I got banned for calling my friend the n word in a casual way and I’m African America. He’s been harnessing me for an hour and deleted his chat where he called me the r word. Is he still gunna get...