why has your downloads on pc been throttled for years.

Discus and support why has your downloads on pc been throttled for years. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; after looking over everything on a brand new pc with gigabit internet, there is no reason that at any point in time im stuck between 8 and 9 mbs.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by bobbymartin4, Sep 16, 2023.

1. bobbymartin4
    bobbymartin4 Guest

after looking over everything on a brand new pc with gigabit internet, there is no reason that at any point in time im stuck between 8 and 9 mbs. everyone has this issue and you refuse to look into it. you claim peoples pcs are the problem. not everyones., you charge to much money for this. maybe youll answer better in a class action defense? do better if your going to keep taking our money

:)

bobbymartin4, Sep 16, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

The speed that you pay for on your home connection has no relation to what certain parties are willing to provide you. Gigabit Internet is designed for a family of four heavy users

There may be many factors between you and the Microsoft servers that has absolutely nothing to do with either one of your Internet speeds.

All downloads from Microsoft servers are throttled according to local server loads and the size, and usually tap out somewhere around 250 Mbps. For example a 500 MB game will not be allocated the same band with as a 5 GB game.
  3. ModernEpic13 Win User

What is max download speed on Xbox?

could also be that the throttling they had implemented last year due to covid and extremely high demand on all networks globally are still in effect in a lot of area's, i know the EU last year ordered all the ISP's in the EU to throttle certain things to keep the internet flowing normally for all.

i have 500Mbps connection and only get 120 to 180Mbps download speed on console and pc via the xbox network, all other connections seem to be ok i.e steam, epic etc where i get full speed downloading.

i know netflix throttled bandwidth too, not sure if they still are or not.
    Could be throttling due to covid, but then my ISP hasn't throttled as steam downloads full speed. Which begs another question, why does Microsoft throttle the download speeds when Steam has around 30 million more monthly users than Xbox does? If anything I'd have thought MS would have had the technology to keep up with demand more than Steam could.
  4. ModernEpic13 Win User

What is max download speed on Xbox?

could also be that the throttling they had implemented last year due to covid and extremely high demand on all networks globally are still in effect in a lot of area's, i know the EU last year ordered all the ISP's in the EU to throttle certain things to keep the internet flowing normally for all.

i have 500Mbps connection and only get 120 to 180Mbps download speed on console and pc via the xbox network, all other connections seem to be ok i.e steam, epic etc where i get full speed downloading.

i know netflix throttled bandwidth too, not sure if they still are or not.
    Could be throttling due to covid, but then my ISP hasn't throttled as steam downloads full speed. Which begs another question, why does Microsoft throttle the download speeds when Steam has around 30 million more monthly users than Xbox does? If anything I'd have thought MS would have had the technology to keep up with demand more than Steam could.
  5. darkist1 Win User

Pitiful download speed.

It does seem like the servers are being throttled for downloads. If your downloads are super slow though, doing a console restart has been working for others.

But still, the downloads are still going to be slower than normal with the volume of people downloading.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

How to increase Xbox Download Speed (Updates, Game Downloads)

How are you measuring the speedtest on your PC? Are you using Speedtest.net?

If so, manually select a server from the Seattle/Redmond area. Then compare these measurements with the download speeds on your console.

The only way to improve your download speed would be to physically move closer to the nearest Microsoft data center of your region, or investigate, if your provider is intentionally throttling downloads from high bandwidth services.

Usually, they don't tell you. But try to do a speedtest on your computer WHILE you are downloading on your Xbox.

To hide the fact they are throttling you, they will stop the throttle whenever they find you're measuring on known speedtest sites. If your download speed increases WHILE you are measuring, they are doing the throttling.
Thema:

1. why has your downloads on pc been throttled for years. - Similar Threads - why has downloads

2. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  3. Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...: I can't stream on my xbox one X, I have tried to logging out of my twitch and my xbox account on my xbox, it didn't work 97eeeb71-4d6c-46f5-8043-5867f8452a39
  4. Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...: Why do I get sign-in status has changed or you must be signed in to Xbox Live While I am playing a game 9be15736-d615-41de-b546-eca9f54c24a9
  5. Why has Microsoft edge stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has Microsoft edge stopped: I'm on a Xbox 1 Microsoft edge stopped working today I can't search anything use my A button or even see my cursor when in the app but when I leave everything The following buttons work Y for...
  6. Why has my gamerscore been reducted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my gamerscore been reducted?: My gamerscore has gone down for some reason and I'm not sure why. 69190dc1-6245-4507-a02c-2375e46eb6a5
  7. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  8. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  9. Party chat has stopped working why? X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat has stopped working why? X: We’ve always had party chat and suddenly stopped and can’t get it back on x 03d109a8-a5b8-47b4-83a1-e85bf56fea4f
  10. Does anyone know why my Roblox that I downloaded from the Microsoft Store has the buttons...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why my Roblox that I downloaded from the Microsoft Store has the buttons...: This makes it difficult for me to play because many buttons are not configured correctly for their respective keys. I investigated, and I did not find any information on the problem, also, I...