Why has there not been a recall on xbox controllers specfically the the LB/RB Shoulder...

Discus and support Why has there not been a recall on xbox controllers specfically the the LB/RB Shoulder... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been a day one xbox supporter. I am responsible adult and I take care of my toys. That said, I have now gone through 4 controllers in that last 6... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shieldwolf-B7E20CCE-EEC0-, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Why has there not been a recall on xbox controllers specfically the the LB/RB Shoulder...

I've been a day one xbox supporter. I am responsible adult and I take care of my toys. That said, I have now gone through 4 controllers in that last 6 years 1 Xbox Elite and 3 Series 2 elite controllers. Each one having had the same shoulder button problem. I'm not the only one with this issue based on internet investigations through videos, forums etc finding similar stories and complaints. This is unacceptable.

These high end controllers shouldn't break so easily and it shouldn't cost half the price of the controller to fix them. I'm surprised there hasn't been a recall or class action lawsuit. On top of that xbox has made it impossible get through to support. Gone are the days of calling a number. Trying to get this issue resolved with my most recent purchase, I have to go online to get support. Well sometimes that's not an option or readily convenient. Then I have to go through a series of checks just to get to past a bot to another bot who points me to a forum instead of an actual human. I know that human support isn't what it used to be but I should be able to call support and talk to someone easily.

Aside from that, once you get through the system Xbox offers you the option to either mail them the device or go to a local Best Buy for warranty repair. I went to Best Buy and was then immediately told by Best Buy that they wouldn't service it and sent me to a 2nd Best Buy on the Xbox list. Now the reason I went to the store was because I assumed they would fix it in house, but after waiting for 30 minutes the Best Buy employees couldn't figure out system to send the controller in for repair I learned that all they do is mail it in. I could have done that from my home. Why would I go to Best Buy to have them mail it in?! What a waste of time and energy.

:)

Shieldwolf-B7E20CCE-EEC0-, Nov 9, 2023
  2. bralmo13 Win User

Why has there not been a recall on xbox controllers specfically the the LB/RB Shoulder buttons and why is it so difficult to get through to support or help.

Hello Shieldwolf, my name is Brett. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Thanks for your reply, and I certainly empathize with your frustrations regarding repairing your controller and your frustrating experience with your controllers. Microsoft is quite strict about doing repairs by authorized, in-house teams for repairs, and I do understand the confusion around having Best Buy as a partner means it is not clear if they are repairing hardware or just an intermediary--which they are the latter in this case. They provide an easy drop-off experience for repairs for most customers.

Regarding your frustrations with the controllers, what kind of games do you typically play?
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Why has there not been a recall on xbox controllers specfically the the LB/RB Shoulder buttons and why is it so difficult to get through to support or help.

Hello Shieldwolf-B7E20CCE-EEC0-4E32-B3D3-B5F5F1276AEA, I am an independent advisor and I would be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I understand your frustration and I'm sorry you've had issues with Xbox controllers and customer service. As a Bing Assistant, I don't have the ability to change Microsoft or Xbox policies or practices, but I can recommend some tips that may help you.

Contact Xbox support through their website: Even if you can't call directly, you can request a call back or even chat with a support agent in real time.

Visit the Microsoft Device Service Center: If you are having issues with a Microsoft hardware device, you can visit the Device Service Center for help with warranty, registration, and service.

Participate in the Xbox community: The Xbox community forums are a place where you can find answers to many common questions and problems. You can also post your own thread and receive responses from other community members.

Really the only thing you can do and what is recommended is that
    We continue to insist with the Xbox team, explaining the situation in detail.
    since they are the only ones who can help you because they do have access to
    the accounts and we can see what possibly happened. . This forum is really not the
    most appropriate medium to discuss your topic, especially since we, as players,
    I don't have the tools to help you as it is a sensitive privacy and security issue.

Below I will leave you the link so you can contact Xbox technical support:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Note: Remember that Xbox chat is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. meter. to 9:00 p.m. meter.
  4. Shieldwolf-B7E20CCE- Win User

Khaji,

Unfortunately your reply is not helpful. Customers already know how to get a hold of xbox, but since they have removed their direct call i it has become part the issue as stated in my original post. Getting through support on their website is not efficient or easy as you are blocked by multiple drop downs and chat bots. In addition, Best Buy does not do in person repair as stated. This system, the design on the controllers are both flawed. While I understand the importance of growing and acquiring more companies such as Bethesda and Activision to help insure more content it doesn't mean much if players can't use their controllers or are hampered to get their issues resolved in a timely and simple manner.
  5. Ratpoizen Win User

Which Racing Wheel would you recommend?

Whatever you do, DONT buy the wireless speedwheel that just recently came out. Its supposedly made specfically for Forza4 but is terrible and I took mine back. Its cheap at the same price as an official wireless controller but has hardly any force feedback
    and no RT/RB shoulder buttons!
  6. OoOoANIMALoOoO Win User

Cannot access the STORE on XBOX ONE

Try A Dash Refresh By Hitting LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X on Your XBOX One Controller.
Thema:

Why has there not been a recall on xbox controllers specfically the the LB/RB Shoulder...

1. Why has there not been a recall on xbox controllers specfically the the LB/RB Shoulder... - Similar Threads - Why has been

2. Why has my gamerscore been reducted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my gamerscore been reducted?: My gamerscore has gone down for some reason and I'm not sure why. 69190dc1-6245-4507-a02c-2375e46eb6a5
  3. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  4. why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month: i requested a refund for multiple items and i got them approved but i havent got my money back and it has been a very long time now when it says on the website could take up to a week of time but...
  5. Why was Wartales allowed to release on Xbox when the savegame system has been broken for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was Wartales allowed to release on Xbox when the savegame system has been broken for...: Very poor wasting gamers time loosing hours of time. Microsoft should demand a fix or remove it from the store. ed35363f-bfe4-4581-b3ab-2c7af29d0fac
  6. Why has ADAM SANDLER been the answer to the crossword challengein Ultimate Word Games for a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has ADAM SANDLER been the answer to the crossword challengein Ultimate Word Games for a...: Why has ADAM SANDLER been the answer to the crossword challenge in Ultimate Word Games for a whole week. Did you sack the wrong person? ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on...
  7. Why has my account been locked?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has my account been locked?: About 10 days ago I tried logging in to my Xbox account, And it popped up that my account has been locked. I went to the link and filled out the form and I still haven’t received an email back. I...
  8. Why is cloud gaming always in a que has been for 4 hours now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is cloud gaming always in a que has been for 4 hours now: Please help over 4 hours in a que to play anything how long is your que 74d71caf-036b-4d20-9b47-69c5b4bf1b59
  9. Why has my purchase been taken away

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my purchase been taken away: Why has my purchase been taken away f9556e54-0185-47da-92fb-4750fb52081e
  10. Why has my fallout 4 been stuck like this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my fallout 4 been stuck like this?: [img] I can't delete it from the queue, move it, or pause it. I have also tried to delete the app and redownload it but it stays there. 3d095b12-28ad-41e5-becb-faf53c9f0011