Why has the Xbox One X all of a sudden decided to re-download 251 games

Discus and support Why has the Xbox One X all of a sudden decided to re-download 251 games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So after I bought this console, I had played nearly every game on my external HD. Only 2 games refused to run and I had to uninstall and reinstall them... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Andrew Scott, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Andrew Scott
    Andrew Scott Guest

So after I bought this console, I had played nearly every game on my external HD. Only 2 games refused to run and I had to uninstall and reinstall them for them to work.

Since I did that, which I don't this is the reason for it.

Every single game in my collection, 251 of them just began re-installing. All the enhanced games for X had already been downloaded when I checked and played all the games 2 days ago.

So why did the Xbox just decided to re-install every single one of them? This many games is going to take my internet a substantial 4 weeks to download all this. Really MS!!

:)

Andrew Scott, Nov 12, 2017
  2. DaleShotz
    DaleShotz Guest
    Where is my xbox live tenure?

But why did xbox all of a sudden decide to change the terms of what decided the number?

DaleShotz, Nov 12, 2017
  3. Cant play games anymore

All of a sudden I cant play any games on my xbox one x

It loads up the game for 5 seconds then goes back to the main screen on the xbox one x

HELP!!!

AR5ENALGUNNERS, Nov 12, 2017
  4. Andrew Scott
    Andrew Scott Guest

I should add that they weren't updates as they never appeared in the updates section, they went straight to downloading.

Now I am not 100% certain but an hour or two before this happened, I switched on background updates and installation prior to it happening.

Andrew Scott, Nov 12, 2017
  5. Andrew Scott Win User

I should add that they weren't updates as they never appeared in the updates section, they went straight to downloading.

Now I am not 100% certain but an hour or two before this happened, I switched on background updates and installation prior to it happening.
  6. DaleShotz Win User

Where is my xbox live tenure?

But why did xbox all of a sudden decide to change the terms of what decided the number?
  7. Goatsaresuper Win User

1440p

It really shouldn't be a problem. Native res is 2560 x 1440 @ 60hz through the HDMI and that's what Xbox One X supports.

Plus, if it can work minutes at a time, why would it just go black all of a sudden? The link you sent was not helpful unfortunately but thanks for the reply.
  8. David_Palmer Win User

Cant connect to Xbox live, "LIVE connection error"

While not ideal to have an open network this has fixed my problem, although I have to ask, why has my setup worked for so long without issue and then all of the sudden decides to fail?
  9. LogOfOne Win User

Stuck at "Logging In" when trying to play a Xbox 360 game (Far Cry 3) on my Xbox One

I didn't feel like dealing with the game's support so I decided to return the Xbox 360 version and buy the Xbox One version. Far Cry 3 : Blood Dragon runs just fine as a 360 game. Not sure why this is an issue.

I removed the Xbox 360 profile, restarted game, re-downloaded the profile to see if it helps. I even re-installed the game but all in vain.

Feel free to close this thread.
Thema:

1. Why has the Xbox One X all of a sudden decided to re-download 251 games - Similar Threads - Why has sudden

2. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  3. Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...: I can't stream on my xbox one X, I have tried to logging out of my twitch and my xbox account on my xbox, it didn't work 97eeeb71-4d6c-46f5-8043-5867f8452a39
  4. Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...: Why do I get sign-in status has changed or you must be signed in to Xbox Live While I am playing a game 9be15736-d615-41de-b546-eca9f54c24a9
  5. Why has Microsoft edge stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has Microsoft edge stopped: I'm on a Xbox 1 Microsoft edge stopped working today I can't search anything use my A button or even see my cursor when in the app but when I leave everything The following buttons work Y for...
  6. Why has my gamerscore been reducted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my gamerscore been reducted?: My gamerscore has gone down for some reason and I'm not sure why. 69190dc1-6245-4507-a02c-2375e46eb6a5
  7. Why has discord all of a sudden stopped working on my x box

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why has discord all of a sudden stopped working on my x box: After successfully using the integrated discord on my Xbox for about a year now it all of a sudden stopped working. When I try to open it within Xbox it says you need to relink your account. This...
  8. Why has my weapon loadout on mw3 locked all of a sudden? I’m on level 47

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my weapon loadout on mw3 locked all of a sudden? I’m on level 47: My weapon loadout has locked. I restarted the game and it’s still the same. I am on level 46. MW3 is the game and it was fine earlier. b0a21c04-7ff8-4336-bae4-77b501bf0183
  9. Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?: I’ll try to keep it short. I have a series x and I run it on xfinity 1200mb plan. Up until a week ago I was running smoothly with 15-18 ping on wireless. Suddenly I can’t play any games because my...
  10. why has my minecraft world suddenly been deleted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why has my minecraft world suddenly been deleted?: I went on mc 1.16 a loaded up 1.20_2 but when i got in my world i was in a jungle biome but before i was in oak biome my game started glitching so i closed i down and left the pc, but when i got...