Why has Solitaire & Casual Games/Microsoft Solitaire Collection started crashing at launch?

Discus and support Why has Solitaire & Casual Games/Microsoft Solitaire Collection started crashing at launch? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been playing Microsoft Solitaire Collection (now known as Solitaire and Casual Games) for several years, first on my Windows 10 computer, and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TYgirl777, Oct 7, 2023.

1. TYgirl777
    TYgirl777 Guest

Why has Solitaire & Casual Games/Microsoft Solitaire Collection started crashing at launch?

I have been playing Microsoft Solitaire Collection (now known as Solitaire and Casual Games) for several years, first on my Windows 10 computer, and since this spring on my current Windows 11 computer. I had been running this game without any problems until 2 days ago, when it started to crash immediately after the initial loading screen appeared. (As of 3 days ago, this problem had not yet appeared.) I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it (which apparently triggered a $14.99 1-year renewal of my Premium subscription, something it was about time for me to do anyway, but would typically have defrayed in part by redeeming MS Rewards Points). The download and installation process was going VERY slowly yesterday morning, so I let it continue while I was out of town on an overnight trip. When I returned home today, the game had reinstalled; however, I am still experiencing the same problem with the game crashing immediately after the initial loading screen briefly appears. What is causing this problem, and how can I fix it?

:)

TYgirl777, Oct 7, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

I am glad you managed to sort it out for now. I will then end our conversation unless if there is anything else I can assist you with. Kindly rate our services.
  3. TYgirl777 Win User

I looked at the linked solution, and it appears to be geared to Windows 10. I have Windows 11 Version 22H2, and I can't seem to find either the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter or a "Repair" option when I right-click Solitaire & Casual Games in the list of All Apps. Is there a Windows 11-specific method for troubleshooting this "crash when launching" issue with Solitaire & Casual Games?

I did subsequently find the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, which had me first restore User Account Control, then Repair, then Reset Solitaire & Casual Games. I attempted to launch Solitaire & Casual Games after each step, and still had the crash issue.

I finally right-clicked on Solitaire & Casual Games in the Start Menu list of "All Apps," clicked App Settings, and then scrolled down (something I hadn't previously noticed was possible) to where I could click "Repair". After Repair, I left-clicked Solitaire & Casual Games in "All Apps," and it finally launched! I then had to click on the top right-hand corner of the app window to log in, and my previous progress was restored. Good to go now!
  4. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, and I am happy to assist you today.

Here is a thread with a possible solution for a similar to the one you're currently faced with: https://answers.microsoft.com/threa...indows Store,your application will run again.

It states that:
    Scroll down, click Windows Store Apps, and then click Run Troubleshooting. The Windows Store App Troubleshooter is running and detects issues. Once the problem is detected, follow the instructions. Once the process is complete, everything is ready and your application will run again.

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

[Mod Removed - Personal Information]

Hello Walmar,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Microsoft Solitaire Collection is a Microsoft casual game. Therefore, the

Microsoft Casual Games Community
    will assist with this issue. Be sure to let us know the results!
  6. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Easy tri-peaks challange unsolvable

Hello AnnGissel,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Microsoft Solitaire is a Microsoft casual game. Therefore, the

Microsoft Casual Games Community
    will be able to assist with any issues or questions about Microsoft Solitaire. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. Why has Solitaire & Casual Games/Microsoft Solitaire Collection started crashing at launch? - Similar Threads - Why has Solitaire

2. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  3. Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...: I can't stream on my xbox one X, I have tried to logging out of my twitch and my xbox account on my xbox, it didn't work 97eeeb71-4d6c-46f5-8043-5867f8452a39
  4. Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...: Why do I get sign-in status has changed or you must be signed in to Xbox Live While I am playing a game 9be15736-d615-41de-b546-eca9f54c24a9
  5. Why has Microsoft edge stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has Microsoft edge stopped: I'm on a Xbox 1 Microsoft edge stopped working today I can't search anything use my A button or even see my cursor when in the app but when I leave everything The following buttons work Y for...
  6. Why has my gamerscore been reducted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my gamerscore been reducted?: My gamerscore has gone down for some reason and I'm not sure why. 69190dc1-6245-4507-a02c-2375e46eb6a5
  7. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  8. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  9. Party chat has stopped working why? X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat has stopped working why? X: We’ve always had party chat and suddenly stopped and can’t get it back on x 03d109a8-a5b8-47b4-83a1-e85bf56fea4f
  10. why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month: i requested a refund for multiple items and i got them approved but i havent got my money back and it has been a very long time now when it says on the website could take up to a week of time but...