Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

Discus and support Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello the party chat has stopped working when I play fortnite on my xbox one. I use a Xbox Wireless Headset. I have tried: Resetting headset... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Harry Canobie-Green, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

Hello the party chat has stopped working when I play fortnite on my xbox one.

I use a Xbox Wireless Headset.

I have tried:

Resetting headset

Resetting xbox

I have reset headphones settings.

I have checked all my audio settings on xbox

I have checked all my audo settings within fortnite.

My internet and bluetooth settings are fine.

The headset isn't broken as it works fine for other games where I am able to talk to my friends.

I can hear the game sound fine - but I can't hear my friends in the party or the game and they can't hear me.

I have tried using a wired headset plugged into my controller and that works fine.

Are you aware of any issues being reported with party chat issues with Xbox wireless headsets?

My voice chat is set to everybody

The voice chat method is set to open mic

Voice chat volume is set to 100%

Mum and I have checked my parental controls are they are set to let me chat to everybody.

Thank you

:)

Harry Canobie-Green, Sep 11, 2023
  2. Nuggin Bumplies Win User

I firmly believe the issue may not be related to Fortnite itself. I've encountered the same problem as the original poster, but only when using my Xbox Microsoft Wireless Headset. It's important to note that this problem does not occur with my Turtle Beach or HyperX wireless headsets; it's exclusive to the Microsoft one. Given that IMO the Microsoft headset provides superior audio quality and comfort, I'd appreciate assistance in identifying the root cause of this problem and finding a solution.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Harry Canobie-Green,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you already have checked all the options needed in for party-chat to work.

I'd like to know if you are also using Discord while playing fortnight and using party chat?

If yes, try not to use discord.

You may also perform the troubleshooting here: Troubleshoot audio problems in parties on Xbox | Xbox Support

If this still doesn't work, I suggest for you to contact our live support team for assistance. It’s best to work with them as they have the necessary tools to further diagnose the issue and provide you with a timely resolution.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. Harry Canobie-Green Win User

Thank you for your reply.

No, I don't use discord at all.

Today I have also tried resetting my xbox settings and uninstalling then reinstalling fortnite.

There seems to be an issue with my Wireless headphones - only when playing fortnite.

The headphones work playing other games on the xbox, and fortnite party chat will work if I plug in wired headphones.
  5. Nuggin Bumplies Win User

I've owned the Microsoft Xbox Wireless headset for approximately a year, and it consistently exhibits exactly the issue you've described. When using Fortnite’s in-game chat on my Xbox One, I can hear the game audio just fine, but I cannot hear anyone chatting, although they can hear me.

The only time I managed to get it to work sporadically was when I applied physical pressure to the outside of the left earmuff against my ear or head. It's as if there's a problem with the knob that regulates the game/chat mixer. Strangely, this issue only occurs with Fortnite's in-game chat and not with Xbox Party Chat so it’s probably a fluke.

I'd appreciate it if you could let me know if you've discovered a solution for this problem. In the meantime, I've resorted to using other headsets.
  6. CarTzy Win User

Thema:

1. Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat? - Similar Threads - Why has Wireless

2. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  3. Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...: I can't stream on my xbox one X, I have tried to logging out of my twitch and my xbox account on my xbox, it didn't work 97eeeb71-4d6c-46f5-8043-5867f8452a39
  4. Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...: Why do I get sign-in status has changed or you must be signed in to Xbox Live While I am playing a game 9be15736-d615-41de-b546-eca9f54c24a9
  5. Why has Microsoft edge stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has Microsoft edge stopped: I'm on a Xbox 1 Microsoft edge stopped working today I can't search anything use my A button or even see my cursor when in the app but when I leave everything The following buttons work Y for...
  6. Why has my gamerscore been reducted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my gamerscore been reducted?: My gamerscore has gone down for some reason and I'm not sure why. 69190dc1-6245-4507-a02c-2375e46eb6a5
  7. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  8. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  9. Party chat has stopped working why? X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat has stopped working why? X: We’ve always had party chat and suddenly stopped and can’t get it back on x 03d109a8-a5b8-47b4-83a1-e85bf56fea4f
  10. why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month: i requested a refund for multiple items and i got them approved but i havent got my money back and it has been a very long time now when it says on the website could take up to a week of time but...