why has my sons gamertag changed

Discus and support why has my sons gamertag changed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my son has just been bought an xbox one for his birthday. we logged in to Microsoft using his account information from his xbox 360 and his gamertag... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ErraticThread95, Oct 1, 2017.

1. why has my sons gamertag changed

my son has just been bought an xbox one for his birthday. we logged in to Microsoft using his account information from his xbox 360 and his gamertag changed and he lost all his progress from world of tanks. he is so upset that he wants his old xbox 360 back
    as he has worked really hard on his games. please can someone explain why this has happened.

:)

ErraticThread95, Oct 1, 2017
  2. gamertag change

my gamertag has been changed and I don't know why this is the second time it has been changed.

SillyBunny3927, Oct 1, 2017
  3. AngryRh1n0
    AngryRh1n0 Guest
    I would like to know why my sons xbox live account has been suspended. His gamer tag is AngryA1igat0r.

Please inform me why my sons account has been suspended. His gamertag is AngryA1igat0r.

AngryRh1n0, Oct 1, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

It sounds like he created a new account instead of signing into the old one. Make sure he is using the same login information.

Smwutches, Oct 2, 2017
  5. MattyMidway
    MattyMidway Guest
    Have your son log into his microsoft account via this link using the exact information he used when he tried to login to the One console. It should take him to the wrong account. If so, he created a new Microsoft account/gamertag instead of logging into
    the old 360 console account. As long as he remembers the 360 account info, he can log into that account on the One console. If not, you would need to contact customer service to work through the account recovery process. Alternitivly, I've placesd some
    link below for more information. Good luck!

Link to Customer Support

MattyMidway, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Smwutches Win User

It sounds like he created a new account instead of signing into the old one. Make sure he is using the same login information.
  7. MattyMidway Win User

Have your son log into his microsoft account via this link using the exact information he used when he tried to login to the One console. It should take him to the wrong account. If so, he created a new Microsoft account/gamertag instead of logging into
    the old 360 console account. As long as he remembers the 360 account info, he can log into that account on the One console. If not, you would need to contact customer service to work through the account recovery process. Alternitivly, I've placesd some
    link below for more information. Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETBAYYyaR3I&list=PLqvyvcfFhzHarvwTPfSQAqoPCZMEhIR_g&index=9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3REDpjg7eI

Link to Customer Support
  8. PhillipClausen Win User

Gamertag "can't be accepted"?

Eladio,

My son's gamertag changed without our knowledge. It had been used for years. Is there a reason why it may have changed?
  9. DCFC734 Win User

xbox enforecment actions and cyber bullying

If kids at his school have his account and keep on changing the gamertags when your son reports them why don't you change your sons gamertag, problem solved.

No you shouldn't have to change the gamertag but it should sort the issue.
  10. Danno McK. Win User

GamerTag question (bit long sorry)

[quote user="InkedAngel86"]...my sons had a GT using one of my old email addresses lets say its called SB...

I changed the email address on the SB account then changed the GT (i added 2 numbers at the end) so it became a whole new GT...

now the strange part is, the GT that was used with one of my old emails now has a whole new GT name...why is this? [/quote]

I think I've cut this down to the key points. Your son had a gamertag you call SB, using OldEmail. You changed the email address; gamertag SB now uses NewEmail, and OldEmail has no gamertag at all.

You changed the gamertag to (we'll say) SB99, so you have gamertag SB99 on NewEmail. At this point, the original gamertag, SB, no longer exists (and could be changed to by any account on Xbox Live if they happen to think up that name).

If you now sign in to Xbox Live with OldEmail, it will generate a new gamertag with the random name as you said, and no gaming history. The old gamertag SB became SB99 (with all the history); SB stopped existing then.
Thema:

1. why has my sons gamertag changed - Similar Threads - why has sons

2. Why has my gamerscore been reducted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my gamerscore been reducted?: My gamerscore has gone down for some reason and I'm not sure why. 69190dc1-6245-4507-a02c-2375e46eb6a5
  3. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  4. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  5. Party chat has stopped working why? X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat has stopped working why? X: We’ve always had party chat and suddenly stopped and can’t get it back on x 03d109a8-a5b8-47b4-83a1-e85bf56fea4f
  6. why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month: i requested a refund for multiple items and i got them approved but i havent got my money back and it has been a very long time now when it says on the website could take up to a week of time but...
  7. Real life hero has to be 32 characters long why is that.my title is real life fucking hero...

in XboX Insiders
    Real life hero has to be 32 characters long why is that.my title is real life fucking hero...: All these games on video i have done in real life.im not cutting down video games but doing them in excess cant be too healthy.iIt will affect you negatively in some sociall or physical aspect as...
  8. Why everyone has 100 packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why everyone has 100 packet loss: Why does all of my friends (include me ) have packet loss today .It isn’t a ISP problem nor a router cause I checked it . It’s really annoying for competitive players...
  9. Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?: Hi, For the past month or so I have been having capturing clips using the Xbox Game Bar and I would usually send to the Xbox App by pressing copy link. This option isn't available anymore. I...
  10. My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...: The Cross Play feature is enabled, they are friends but when he tries to add him to play a game he isn't there for selection in the Online friends list. In fact it doesn't even show the Online...