Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a...

Discus and support Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Currently play ark survival on pc, we play using the game pass (so xbox servers) my partner's laptop is much better than mine and plays it perfectly... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ayron burrow, Jun 16, 2023.

1. ayron burrow
    ayron burrow Guest

Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a...

Currently play ark survival on pc, we play using the game pass (so xbox servers) my partner's laptop is much better than mine and plays it perfectly fine on high graphics. And we have our own server, so everything is well. Then all of a sudden last week when my partner goes onto ark, it goes so slow. Slow to load in, when she hits with the axe, it takes forever to swing the actual axe, forever to move. It's unplayable. Not just on our server but any server. There hasn't been any changes before this happened. It's just like over night out decided to stop working. Everything is fine on the main page, it's when we go in a game at all. Server or non dedicated or solo

I can go on the same servers and everything is fine for me, but can't get hers to work. We've uninstall and reinstalled, made all the settings the exact same as mine, dropped the graphics to low, checked that the drives are all up to date. I'm stumped

:)

ayron burrow, Jun 16, 2023
  2. ayron burrow Win User

Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a sudden when it was perfect a few days ago?

We have reinstalled the game and made sure all updates were done, even reset the laptop after to see if one hadn't popped up, by all accounts it's completely up to date. thank you for the idea though
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a sudden when it was perfect a few days ago?

please try the following

go to windows settings

display

graphics

find ark in the list if not in the list then click browse under add an app and locate ark.exe and select it

in the list select the game and click options

similar to this

[​IMG]

once you select option select the high performance which will have your main gpu listed

then try the game.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

could be the latest update or you have not updated yet, there was a game update a few days ago, about 7GB.
  5. ayron burrow Win User

Thank you for the suggestion, I've managed to try it this morning but it's still not helped im afraid
  6. Bostic Win User

Playing Ark: Survival Evolved on PC and Xbox at the same time using family sharing?

I am having a similar problem as the above. I was trying to do the same thing the above attempted but I added Game Pass to my son's account. ARK is available on Game Pass. I am still unable to play from the Xbox to the laptop. However, if I delete my account
    from the xbox, then I am able to play against him from the laptop since he has game pass. This bothers me that I need to delete my account to enable him to be able to use the game. I am also upset that I have to buy another console for him to be able to play
    on a console verses my computer.

Finally, I am thinking of purchasing ARK for him, am I going to face the same problem if he has ARK and I have ARK and we play Console to Computer?
Thema:

1. Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a... - Similar Threads - Why has partner's

2. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  3. Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...: I can't stream on my xbox one X, I have tried to logging out of my twitch and my xbox account on my xbox, it didn't work 97eeeb71-4d6c-46f5-8043-5867f8452a39
  4. Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...: Why do I get sign-in status has changed or you must be signed in to Xbox Live While I am playing a game 9be15736-d615-41de-b546-eca9f54c24a9
  5. Why has Microsoft edge stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has Microsoft edge stopped: I'm on a Xbox 1 Microsoft edge stopped working today I can't search anything use my A button or even see my cursor when in the app but when I leave everything The following buttons work Y for...
  6. Why has my gamerscore been reducted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my gamerscore been reducted?: My gamerscore has gone down for some reason and I'm not sure why. 69190dc1-6245-4507-a02c-2375e46eb6a5
  7. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  8. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  9. Party chat has stopped working why? X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat has stopped working why? X: We’ve always had party chat and suddenly stopped and can’t get it back on x 03d109a8-a5b8-47b4-83a1-e85bf56fea4f
  10. why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month: i requested a refund for multiple items and i got them approved but i havent got my money back and it has been a very long time now when it says on the website could take up to a week of time but...