Why has Microsoft set a limit on bandwidth coming from Xbox Live accounts?

Discus and support Why has Microsoft set a limit on bandwidth coming from Xbox Live accounts? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have used Xbox Live for about a decade now and this has never been an issue before. Upon moving out of my family's home and attempting to use our... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BlondEGuY99, Sep 30, 2018.

1. BlondEGuY99
    BlondEGuY99 Guest

I have used Xbox Live for about a decade now and this has never been an issue before. Upon moving out of my family's home and attempting to use our Xbox subscription to play online on my secondary console, I was prompted to repurchase Xbox Live gold. I
    was confused obviously because my family uses Xbox Live daily and we purchase it automatically at the time it expires. I contacted Xbox Support in hopes that this was simply an error and it would be fixed so that I can continue to use the product I purchased,
    however I was informed by the customer service rep I spoke to that this was not an error at all. In fact, Microsoft has changed the Terms and Conditions of the Xbox Live agreement to state that it will limit the usage of a subscription to a SINGLE
    Xbox. This means that despite having purchased Xbox Live for years and being loyal to the company all this time, I am no longer able to make use of my account. This greatly disappoints me, as my family would not have spent money on Xbox Live if we'd
    known at the time that we would not be able to make proper use of the services it provides. All of our games are Xbox games, most of them are online and tied to our accounts so we're unable to get any resale value out of them. It greatly disheartens me to
    see that the company I once held faith in has dishonored my trust and my loyalty. We've spent at least a few thousand on Xbox related products and services over the last few years and we've never taken issue with the many other changes to the service that
    make it more difficult to use and less valuable for the price it requests. However, I am simply not willing to spend money on a
    SECOND Xbox Live subscription to use the services I had been using up until a few months ago. I'll be selling my Xbox to whatever
    [Mod Removed – Profanity]. will take it and I wont be purchasing an Xbox gaming product again. Ive learned my lesson. I hope and would expect that there a serious financial consequences for the Xbox brand because of this change.
    I would hope that anyone who knows this change has happened would seriously reconsider their choice to play video games on an Xbox One.

:)

BlondEGuY99, Sep 30, 2018
  2. JRFlurry
    JRFlurry Guest
    Xbox live a requirement for using Xbox One?

Can anyone confirm or deny that Microsoft is making Xbox Live a requirement for using the new Xbox One? I know there is deeper integration of Live but not everyone has broadband access all the time or perhaps even limited bandwidth. I think that would be kind of a dumb move on the part of Microsoft...

JRFlurry, Sep 30, 2018
  3. OCRyzen
    OCRyzen Guest
    Increasing bandwidth

Windows 7 should already be set for maximum bandwidth as default in QoS Packet Scheduler too..

If you want to check..

Open the Run Command in Start Menu & type gpedit.msc & click enter..

The click Administrative Templates, Network, QoS Packet Scheduler & then click Limit Reservable Bandwidth..

Click on Enable & set your Bandwidth Limit to 0%..

You will be changing your OS system32 files if you change any settings though...

Your Modem connection to ISP, is susceptible to cable degeneration & the settings, might not make a difference to Bandwidth..

OCRyzen, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Why has Microsoft set a limit on bandwidth coming from Xbox Live accounts?

They have not changed any terms. Xbox live gold sharing has always been limited to one console.

The Viral Cyrix, Sep 30, 2018
  5. BlondEGuY99
    BlondEGuY99 Guest
    that's just incorrect, I brought my Xbox with me last year and we were able to use Xbox Live on both accounts simultaneously. The customer service rep that informed me of this was named Charles and my service number is
    [Mod Removed – Personal Information].Presumably, this individual actually works for Microsoft.. So was I lied to?

6. BlondEGuY99
    BlondEGuY99 Guest
    "Upon designating the Home Xbox on a particular Xbox One with an Xbox Profile logged in that has an Xbox Live Gold Membership, it allows other players to access online gaming. If the Xbox Profile that has the said subscription is logged in on a different
    console, it does not affect the Xbox One that was set as its Home Xbox.
    This means that you won't have to purchase a separate subscription for your daughter's account, as long as they are logged in with two separate Xbox Profiles. This way, they can both play online using two different consoles at the same time
    ."

Upon searching through the forums I discovered a similar situation to which another ambassador responded back in 2016. As shown above, this has not always been the case so do not lie to me

7. XBF Jeremy Z
    XBF Jeremy Z Guest
    Hello
    BlondEGuY99

Thank you for contacting Forum support!

The services that have been provided for
    Game share
    have not been changed.

Here is a link for
    Using Xbox Live Gold sharing features on Xbox One

Only one Xbox can be set as the home console, but you can sign in on a separate Xbox with the account that Owns Xbox live gold and still use the Gold features.

Should the "Home console" be removed from the Xbox that was set as "Home", then the gold sharing features will be removed from the other users on that console.

Hope that helped

Thank you.

XBF Jeremy Z, Sep 30, 2018
  8. Why has Microsoft set a limit on bandwidth coming from Xbox Live accounts?

First, nothing was changed, If the account which has the gold subscription is in your console and that console is set as home, all accounts will be able to beneficiate from the gold services. Second, the fact that you immediately decided to sell your console
    after 10 years and because of something that isn't even true isn't loyalty mate Why has Microsoft set a limit on bandwidth coming from Xbox Live accounts? ;)

GreyStormGaming, Sep 30, 2018
  9. Let me explain it to you on how it has ALWAYS worked since the Xbox One has come out.

1. No matter what console a profile is signed into it will always be able to use ANY Digital game that that profile has purchased and use ANY subscription that it has purchase on that particular console.

2. Each profile can set ONE console at a time as its HOME console and ANY other profile on that console can then play that profiles digital games and use ANY of its subscriptions.

3. You can change which console is set as your HOME console FIVE times a year.

Now if you have two consoles whichever console is NOT set as your home console the other profiles can still play your games and use your subscriptions but YOUR profile will need to be signed in at the same
    time. IF the Non-Home console ever loses internet connection they will not be able to play your games or use your subscriptions.

Let me give you an example of how my household works:

I have 2 Xboxes a 1s in my living room and a OG 1 in my bedroom.

I have 99.9% of the games on my account

Xbox 1s is set as my home console ALL of the profiles on that console can play my digital games and use my subscriptions.

If my wife wants to use the OG One in the bedroom to play my games or use my subscriptions she would then sign into my account first then switch profiles to hers she is then able to play all my games and
    use my subscriptions.

It has never happened because I play my games more on my computer and stream to my computer but IF I ever wanted to play my 1s and my wife play a game at the same time it would not be able to happen because
    you can only be signed into ONE Xbox ONE console at a time.

THIS is how it has ALWAYS been since the original Xbox One came out. There has never been a change to these settings.

steeledwand7664, Sep 30, 2018
  10. There actually is ONE thing that has changed since the beginning and that is:

It used to be that you could change which console you had as your HOME console only THREE times a year.

steeledwand7664, Sep 30, 2018
  11. BlondEGuY99
    BlondEGuY99 Guest
    this is what Xbox Support told me [Mod Removed - Profanity]. I was under the impression it was true because they told me it was

12. BlondEGuY99
    BlondEGuY99 Guest
    my father's been purchasing Xbox Live on his account for two years and up until recently I'd been able to use MY account on MY Xbox and still use Xbox Live services. If its the case that I cant use Live on another console because Im not the account that
    initiated the purchase, then i dont see how i was able to use it last year. My home Xbox is the one that we have it purchased on. It has been my home Xbox the whole time. My dad has it purchased and even when i sign into his account on my Xbox Im unable to
    switch to my profile and use Live

13. BlondEGuY99
    BlondEGuY99 Guest

my home console has an Xbox Live subscription. I am unable to make use of this subscription on the Xbox I brought with me to school

14. Is it possible that your father had previously been buying a Family Gold account? This let families buy Gold for four accounts at a discounted rate.

Microsoft discontinued this though but continued to honor any remaining time on them.

It could simply be that your family Gold ran out

NonSportsGirl, Sep 30, 2018
  15. BlondEGuY99
    BlondEGuY99 Guest
    i suppose that is possible although unlikely, my dad doesn't usually go for those sort of deals. I'll ask him though, thanks

Thema:

1. Why has Microsoft set a limit on bandwidth coming from Xbox Live accounts? - Similar Threads - Why has Microsoft

2. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  3. Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...: I can't stream on my xbox one X, I have tried to logging out of my twitch and my xbox account on my xbox, it didn't work 97eeeb71-4d6c-46f5-8043-5867f8452a39
  4. Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...: Why do I get sign-in status has changed or you must be signed in to Xbox Live While I am playing a game 9be15736-d615-41de-b546-eca9f54c24a9
  5. Why has Microsoft edge stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has Microsoft edge stopped: I'm on a Xbox 1 Microsoft edge stopped working today I can't search anything use my A button or even see my cursor when in the app but when I leave everything The following buttons work Y for...
  6. Why has my gamerscore been reducted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my gamerscore been reducted?: My gamerscore has gone down for some reason and I'm not sure why. 69190dc1-6245-4507-a02c-2375e46eb6a5
  7. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  8. Why has Solitaire & Casual Games/Microsoft Solitaire Collection started crashing at launch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has Solitaire & Casual Games/Microsoft Solitaire Collection started crashing at launch?: I have been playing Microsoft Solitaire Collection (now known as Solitaire and Casual Games) for several years, first on my Windows 10 computer, and since this spring on my current Windows 11...
  9. why has my microsoft weekly rewards reset

in XBoX on Windows
    why has my microsoft weekly rewards reset: hi dont know if any one can help or anyone else had this problem my weekly rewards has reset and it shouldnt have as i havent missed any week and had a big streak going can any one help or have i...
  10. Does anyone know why my Roblox that I downloaded from the Microsoft Store has the buttons...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why my Roblox that I downloaded from the Microsoft Store has the buttons...: This makes it difficult for me to play because many buttons are not configured correctly for their respective keys. I investigated, and I did not find any information on the problem, also, I...