Why "dumb" AI is the best thing to happen to multiplayer in years

Discus and support Why "dumb" AI is the best thing to happen to multiplayer in years in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Sorry, I don't like AI in my MP games. I want to play against real people. That's the reason I like MP games and don't care for SP games. Even if the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lofty Who, Apr 10, 2014.

  1. Why "dumb" AI is the best thing to happen to multiplayer in years


    Sorry, I don't like AI in my MP games. I want to play against real people. That's the reason I like MP games and don't care for SP games. Even if the AI was really good I still wouldn't want it in my MP.
     
    Mogwai Warrior, Apr 10, 2014
    #16
  2. If that's the case, this game is clearly not for me. I don't need the Ai to make me feel better about myself and would rather get into the grit of it to get better. That's how I learned all those yrs ago on Spy V Merc when everyone whooped my butt to no
    tomorrow.
     
    Pyramid Head15, Apr 10, 2014
    #17
  3. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    In titanfall think of the AI as a tool or even chickens, they help get points in some game modes, they speed up titan build time massively, and they distract people, but they are not team mates.

    Then learn to use them and have fun with them, only then will the AI make sense in TF.

    I really don't think they make casual players feel they are accomplish anything, but they do offer more stuff to do than shooting pilots.
     
    EnenDaveyBoy, Apr 10, 2014
    #18
  4. Why "dumb" AI is the best thing to happen to multiplayer in years

    You know to be fair, they can actually be pretty mean sometimes. I have been killed a bunch of times by grunts / spectres for jumping in the middle of a crowd of them. One thing I do like them for is hiding among them. I trick I learned from other people
    doing the same is its hard to concentrate on who the human is in the middle of 4 grunts.
     
    Mark Sherwood, Oct 31, 2018
    #19
  5. Pyramid Head15 Win User

    Why "dumb" AI is the best thing to happen to multiplayer in years

    If that's the case, this game is clearly not for me. I don't need the Ai to make me feel better about myself and would rather get into the grit of it to get better. That's how I learned all those yrs ago on Spy V Merc when everyone whooped my butt to no
    tomorrow.
  6. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

    Why "dumb" AI is the best thing to happen to multiplayer in years

    I don't mind the AI in titanfall, but I still think they should play more like real players, and do a little more damage, and actually play the objective, etc.

    However theres nothing good about rubbish AI in solo games, I mean elder scrolls as soon as you reach a certain level the AI become almost pointless, they might not need more damage but they could get evolve their combat ability.
  7. tohellnbak Win User

    Why "dumb" AI is the best thing to happen to multiplayer in years

    GG do you mean hang around a friendly pod, cloaked in the corner and waiting... yeah.. been there done that
  8. Dynamic Sausage Win User

    Why "dumb" AI is the best thing to happen to multiplayer in years

    This has been my argument since day one. AI makes the game feel much more alive and gives even the worst players a chance at developing their skills, getting some kills and a sense of accomplishment. Nobody is alienated, everybody just has fun.
  9. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

    Why "dumb" AI is the best thing to happen to multiplayer in years

    In titanfall think of the AI as a tool or even chickens, they help get points in some game modes, they speed up titan build time massively, and they distract people, but they are not team mates.

    Then learn to use them and have fun with them, only then will the AI make sense in TF.

    I really don't think they make casual players feel they are accomplish anything, but they do offer more stuff to do than shooting pilots.
Thema:

Why "dumb" AI is the best thing to happen to multiplayer in years

Loading...
  1. Why "dumb" AI is the best thing to happen to multiplayer in years - Similar Threads - Why dumb best

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  4. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  5. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  6. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  9. Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...: Hey folks, just wondering what the crack is, I certainly think it's a good thing, for example I own RDR2 however, the disc is on its way out, I don't see why we having already paid and put in...
  10. Why did I get banned over a dumb pfp? In addition it didn't let me put on pfp so I got...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I get banned over a dumb pfp? In addition it didn't let me put on pfp so I got...: So I tried to use a pfp with Mario putting the middle finger as a joke it wasn't supposed to offend people I had no bad intentions and I'm sorry 0221c5f2-9c7d-4092-b8cb-fd597319a8dc