Why dont Microsoft actually care about people threatening with DDOS attacks but will...

Discus and support Why dont Microsoft actually care about people threatening with DDOS attacks but will... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is honestly starting to draw me away from xbox right now. You guys do absolutely nothing when people do actual illegal things but instantly ban if... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XxDaRtHsIdIaSxX, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Why dont Microsoft actually care about people threatening with DDOS attacks but will...

This is honestly starting to draw me away from xbox right now. You guys do absolutely nothing when people do actual illegal things but instantly ban if an adult says 1 swear word??? Seems pretty backwards to be perfectly honest. I've had constant messages with people threatening DDOS attacks with people actually getting my public IP address. Which I know wont actually do much other than maybe knock me offline for a couple days or I can just call my ISP and get them to manually fix it, but it's still frustrating when it's an actual ILLEGAL thing to do and you guys just don't care. I've had people be homophobic in messages and voice chat and yet nothing. FIX IT...

:)

XxDaRtHsIdIaSxX, Mar 27, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

Why dont Microsoft actually care about people threatening with DDOS attacks but will instantly ban when 1 person swears on a game that is 18+

Unless you get msgs that he threatened you

Xbox nor sony or the fbi or your Internet provider can see an attack until you announce it to your Internet provider

Your Internet provider would only know if their firewall blocked it and they would be dealing with it without your knowledge

Hate to burst your bubble but ddos is a direct attack on you NOT xbox live otherwise you wouldn't be able to connect EVEr

till they stop

You have to deal with it with your ISP

Since it's thru their pipelines

Fyi there hasn't been one since the short lizard squad attack on gaming networks

Ddos runs thru tcpip protocols on YOUR ip not xbox protocols otherwise the server would be down

Msging thru the xbox network they have records of it

But as mentioned what you talking about services don't see it as it's a direct attack on you thru the internet and unknown amount of nodes between you and the attackers

Game ratings is about the game content NOt online interactions

Which MUST BE rated E for everyone.

And hate to break it to you but game ratings only mean someone above the rating can buy the game as per the most international.laws

Who gets to.play the games is upto the parents or purchaser not gaming companies

Gaming companies can however rule their own networks as they see fit under the power of private authority just like you have the ability to kick anyone out of your house or a business has the right to remove someone

I suggest you look up game ratings before you comment about online interactions and game ratings

And yes it is actually stated
  3. ngocphi Win User

Why dont Microsoft actually care about people threatening with DDOS attacks but will instantly ban when 1 person swears on a game that is 18+

They don't take msgs as proof it is only sourced from the network as you already been told

It's not an issue for xbox but your INTERNET provider
  4. XxDaRtHsIdIaSxX Win User

I have countless MESSAGES of people threatening ddos attacks and quite a few voice messages, which Xbox can still listen to. I have reported them many times and never once has microsoft done anything about it. I've literally had people send me picutres of gay pride flags being burned down the horrible slurs written in the image, and again, microsoft didnt do anything. So, it may be rated E for everyone but as long as you dont swear you can literally get away with anything and it's disgusting. Ive sent proof to Microsoft and got an automated Email and nothing else. Something needs to be done...
  5. ngocphi Win User

Ddosing

When you give your isp a call

I dont thihk you understand how ddos works

One to connect to the internet and play multiplayer you must connect to everyone in your party

Two ip address attacks occur thru the internet NOT xbox live

So unless the person actually threatens you with a ddos xbox has no way to detect it

It is the actual job of your isp to block and protect you from such attacks

A properly setup firewall will prevent any attacks
  6. Lofty Who Win User

'Technical issue' stops Battlefield Hardline EA Access users progressing without replaying Episode 1

"Why make it worse for everyone else?" ...

I believe GG that there's people out there that have no consideration for others and the hassle it causes people! Ok game issues are not life threatening, there's worse things that can happen in life but I just don't understand the mentality of the people
    behind these DDOS attacks, probably just a case of letting others know ..... "Look what I can do" ...

Mind you, reading a few articles on Twitter, some claiming the BFH connection issues have nothing to do with DDOS attacks, it's the usual EA Server problems and they are using the DDOS attacks as an excuse? who knows but nothing would surprise me with EA
    games these days.

Either way, I still look forward to trying out the campaign, I've heard mixed things about it but even if I get 4-5 hours of mindless fun then so be it.
Thema:

Why dont Microsoft actually care about people threatening with DDOS attacks but will...

1. Why dont Microsoft actually care about people threatening with DDOS attacks but will... - Similar Threads - Why dont Microsoft

2. Why dont my clips on xbox upload to onedrive???

in XBoX on Windows
    Why dont my clips on xbox upload to onedrive???: This just became a problem now and i dont know what else to do. I power cycles and restarted my xbos, i have a series X plus i have more then enough space, i updated everything. Like what else is...
  3. I want to ask, why if i dont use my xbox and is still on it get darker and show me...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I want to ask, why if i dont use my xbox and is still on it get darker and show me...: When I don't pulse any button in my for 2 or 3 minutes then it gets darker the screen and shows me notifications and I want to know if u can cancel that e6528e8d-81ac-4f8e-9aff-bc48813a5bee
  4. All of my games are crashing and I dont know why.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All of my games are crashing and I dont know why.: All of my games are crashing and I don't know why. I have a 3070, 13600kf, 650 watt psu, 32gb 3600mhz (XMP Enabled), Aio water cooler, 2 ssds and a m.2. I get no warning of crash it just instantly...
  5. Why I dont get my achievement on Call of duty , World war 2 its 1 of the easiest around !!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I dont get my achievement on Call of duty , World war 2 its 1 of the easiest around !!!!: I dont get my achievement on call of duty ww2. The one for 21 daiky challenges and im 1000% sure about it that i made those after all those years !! But now i wanna 100% all Call of duty before...
  6. Why dont they make normal versons for some games and only have x/s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why dont they make normal versons for some games and only have x/s: I think its stupid how u can onky downlad x/s games on the internal. But almost all x/s games dont have a normal verson so i have to play the x/s verson so i constantly have to delets games to...
  7. why I can only hear discord audio but the games and etc I dont hear

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why I can only hear discord audio but the games and etc I dont hear: When I start xbox I cant hear a thing besides discord party I tries reseting console and controller but id doesnt work. help. Aslo I am using wired headset. 5ca6bc9c-6caa-4adc-b14e-95f5848cfcd9
  8. Why can i not play multiplayer on r6? I have the full game and game pass and i still dont...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can i not play multiplayer on r6? I have the full game and game pass and i still dont...: I cant even see multiplayer 2da7fb3b-4322-4987-9a18-8da68d006687
  9. Hello! why do i get charged on the xbox that i dont have?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello! why do i get charged on the xbox that i dont have?: Hello guys! why do I get charged for the Xbox that I don't have. 074c1bae-6989-4ce9-9eca-bef4e9da244d
  10. Why is the Microsoft store saying I have an app downloaded already when I dont?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the Microsoft store saying I have an app downloaded already when I dont?: I'm trying to download Hulu on Xbox one but the Microsoft store says I have it already and to check my library. Well I did and it's not there. I haven't downloaded the app before and I don't know...