Why don't I receive the notification on the authenticator app?

Discus and support Why don't I receive the notification on the authenticator app? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; so I wanted to play a game and I needed to login in with Xbox live and it told me there should be a notification on my microsoft authenticator but... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Yavor Pavlov, May 19, 2023.

1. Yavor Pavlov
    Yavor Pavlov Guest

so I wanted to play a game and I needed to login in with Xbox live and it told me there should be a notification on my microsoft authenticator but there was nothing.

I recently changed phones because my phone got broken and I couldn't back it up so I downloaded the authenticator on my new phone and use the qr code scan thing to get in the account could it be because of this and if so how do I fix it so I can get the notification on the correct phone?

:)

Yavor Pavlov, May 19, 2023
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can't connect to microsoft store / xbox microsoft game account using my email information.

I think that I already get it.

If I'm wrong tell me. Is this your issue?

You configured Microsoft authenticator in the past, but you reinstalled the app / you have a new phone / you factory reset the phone used for authenticator.

Now every time you want to sign in with your account the system ask you to touch XX number in your authenticator app, but you don't receive the notification and you're not able to sign in due to this.

If I'm right. Please share an screenshot of how your authenticator app looks (don't forget to hide any personal info)

Also, when you try to sign in with your account, are you not able to see something like "I can't use my authenticator app right now"?
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

Someone changed my Microsoft account password! AGAIN! >:(

Use the Microsoft authenticator app. Even with a password, they cant access the account without a notification on your phone, which you then have to approve?
  4. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Windows 10 Xbox Companion App Not Receiving Party Invitations

I noticed the same issue after a recent update to the app. There is simply no longer an option to receive party invite notifications in the notification settings of the app.
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

XBOX Console Companion Party Invites

It's because MS have removed the ability to receive notifications in that app when you're invited to a party, that's why the setting is no longer there under Settings - Notifications.

Why they've done this, I have no idea. Now you are forced to enable Game Bar if you want to get party invite notifications, except that uses its own notification system that doesn't take advantage of the Action Centre.

So yeah, you have to use 2 apps instead of 1, with each using their own notification system. Typical Microsoft quality and design. Give it a year and they'll likely abandon both apps and replace them with something new that doesn't work properly either.
  6. Puppy Fujo Win User

Notifications during video

If they are still coming through on some apps the best you can do is shorten the duration of the notification to its minimum as well as change what notifications are being received (so that you receive fewer, maybe you are receiving some that you don't
    care about?). The only other option is turning them off completely when using those apps. You may also want to submit feedback to the developers who made those apps. You should find their contact info on the app's store page at the bottom.
Thema:

1. Why don't I receive the notification on the authenticator app? - Similar Threads - Why don't receive

2. Why Microsoft don't fixing there servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Microsoft don't fixing there servers: I know it's not my problem with this my xbox working fine and other app working fine Internet connection fine but my games sometimes take long time to download and sometimes stops without any...
  3. I don't know why my controller does this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know why my controller does this.: I have an Xbox One with an Xbox One controller, but when I try to use it, it turns my Xbox on but then disconnects. Because of that I have to use it wired. I changed the batteries but that didn't...
  4. Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is: W I'm getting billed for[MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO] I don't know why or what it is?help please 71cfec8f-e672-4d9a-afdc-8f42dbbd5613
  5. Why don't mics work on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why don't mics work on xbox: USB Microphones works on PS5 PC And a lot of other systems it's time for xbox to take notes and make it compatible I don't care what anyone says We need this feature If I had a monitor and I could...
  6. Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics: It would make it much easier if you did a system update on USB mics to make them compatible please make them compatible e38b28f6-e4e7-4cb9-b9d2-998b2cb7574d
  7. Why in Colombia we don't have Microsoft reward?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why in Colombia we don't have Microsoft reward?: Good afternoon, I hope you are well. I have seen in different official Xbox accounts and the official website with a domain in another country, the prizes they give for having points in boxing...
  8. I am on 270 ms and I don't know why. I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my dns setting but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am on 270 ms and I don't know why. I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my dns setting but I...: Please reply if you know anything to help my lag issues 40196061-8ff9-419a-b924-44e03e6c880d
  9. Why don't I receive the Paradox account link email

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't I receive the Paradox account link email: I am trying to link my Microsoft account in my Paradox account but I do not receive the email to my Microsoft account. 5424a6e8-d750-4dda-9f9c-fffb5ff33f84
  10. Why I don't receive code on my phone for microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why I don't receive code on my phone for microsoft account?: I want to add my phone number in my microsoft account. but the code is not coming for verifying. I tried a long week, but nothing happened. someone give any solution. (Bangladesh)...