Why don't I have access to games I purchased?

Discus and support Why don't I have access to games I purchased? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ok so I just got the Xbox x series not that long ago and I love playing it but I am getting really frustrated. I let my friend sign into his account on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Michael A. Henderling, Aug 18, 2023.

1. Why don't I have access to games I purchased?

Ok so I just got the Xbox x series not that long ago and I love playing it but I am getting really frustrated. I let my friend sign into his account on MY xbox for when he's at my house and wants to play. Mind you he has his own at home. Well I purchased 5 or 6 different games and a bunch of extras totalling to alot of money. Now when I try and use my profile to play my games I can't because it says I don't own them. I have to play them under his account and hope that he hasn't started playing that game at his house because it won't let me play it at all! What can I do to switch the games back to my profile and make sure this dosent happen again?

:)

Michael A. Henderling, Aug 18, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

It sounds like you made the purchases under his account, and you have both set one xbox as your home to share games correct?
  3. Dericka Win User

Why don't I have access to a product?

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. This means the card declined the charge, you'll be needing to reach the bank for this if they charged you for it. Thanks!
  4. - AJ - Win User

Why do I not have access to a game I have purchased

Hi, Dant! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues accessing your game.

- May I ask which platform you are playing on?

- If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me which game is this?

- Are you prompted to purchase Game Pass once inside the game?

-----

With the exemption of free-to-play games like Fortnite, Warzone, Apex Legends, etc, all console games, purchased or not, require an active subscription to either Game Pass Core or Game Pass Ultimate (includes Game Pass Core) to play online on the Xbox Network. I believe this may be the reason why you are being prompted to buy a subscription.

To clarify:

• Offline/story/campaign modes can be accessed without a subscription, it's just online features that require one.

• Some games like Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and Final Fantasy XIV are online only and therefore require an active subscription to play their only game mode.

• Game Pass Core is what Xbox Live Gold used to be, it's just that It was renamed and restructured to offer additional services in addition to online gaming.

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Why can't I access the games I have purchased

Hi Barbara, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, can you give us more details?

Are you playing on an Xbox Console or PC?
  6. Geri M. Win User

Why don't I have access to my Epic Games Account?

Hello TerryZAR-,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description you lose access on your account on Epic games since your son login to it on his Xbox account. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, to better understand we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. Did the account of your son sign out? If that's the case, then most likely his account is still login.
    2. Can you please provide details, like what device are you using and if you are on a PC what Windows version?
    3. Which account do you want to gain control of, your son or you mean to get access back to your account?
    4. Is your son's account a child?
    Just for clarification, two accounts cannot be combined as they have individual sign in and emails link to it and there is no thing such as automatic merging of Microsoft account.

To regain a certain account, just use the 'Forgot your password?' function on the Epic Games login page and send recovery info to every email address you know you've created. Eventually, you should find a link to reset your password in one of your inboxes, and then you can log in and unlink it.

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Why don't I have access to games I purchased? - Similar Threads - Why don't access

2. Why Microsoft don't fixing there servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Microsoft don't fixing there servers: I know it's not my problem with this my xbox working fine and other app working fine Internet connection fine but my games sometimes take long time to download and sometimes stops without any...
  3. I don't know why my controller does this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know why my controller does this.: I have an Xbox One with an Xbox One controller, but when I try to use it, it turns my Xbox on but then disconnects. Because of that I have to use it wired. I changed the batteries but that didn't...
  4. Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is: W I'm getting billed for[MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO] I don't know why or what it is?help please 71cfec8f-e672-4d9a-afdc-8f42dbbd5613
  5. Why don't mics work on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why don't mics work on xbox: USB Microphones works on PS5 PC And a lot of other systems it's time for xbox to take notes and make it compatible I don't care what anyone says We need this feature If I had a monitor and I could...
  6. Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics: It would make it much easier if you did a system update on USB mics to make them compatible please make them compatible e38b28f6-e4e7-4cb9-b9d2-998b2cb7574d
  7. Why in Colombia we don't have Microsoft reward?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why in Colombia we don't have Microsoft reward?: Good afternoon, I hope you are well. I have seen in different official Xbox accounts and the official website with a domain in another country, the prizes they give for having points in boxing...
  8. I am on 270 ms and I don't know why. I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my dns setting but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am on 270 ms and I don't know why. I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my dns setting but I...: Please reply if you know anything to help my lag issues 40196061-8ff9-419a-b924-44e03e6c880d
  9. Why don't they make the Minecraft education edition free also for the demo to make world's

in XBoX on Windows
    Why don't they make the Minecraft education edition free also for the demo to make world's: Minecraft education edition c2879264-d140-4f7c-9292-aa2d15f88547
  10. Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work: I can't hear no sound or nothing d0eb6f27-de41-41ab-a930-05a8dde85642