Why doesnt my xbox auto update games.

Discus and support Why doesnt my xbox auto update games. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I dont get to play very often. every time i find the time to get on. every stupid game i want to play has some sort of update thats anywhere from 20 to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CJ Edwards1, Nov 27, 2023.

1. CJ Edwards1
    CJ Edwards1 Guest

I dont get to play very often. every time i find the time to get on. every stupid game i want to play has some sort of update thats anywhere from 20 to well over 100gb needed in order to play. even though i have 1.2gb internet the servers are so slow that the updates take hours to complete leaving me no time to actually play.

i have auto update on and sleep mode enabled. yes this box never updates anything. sitting here beyond frustrated ready to give up

:)

CJ Edwards1, Nov 27, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

typically your Xbox will wait till sometime in the middle of the night to check for updates. A great number of updates can all land at the same time I've seen it happen many times.

So there's no guarantee that your Xbox has checked for updates since they landed, it's typically only once every 24 hours
  3. Roger mcarthur Win User

Well that sounds nice but 2 weeks waiting for this to install and it’s not the first time I have seen it
    [​IMG]
  4. Roger mcarthur Win User

CJ Edwards,

I hope it is not the same issue I have, I have now had 3 xbox X series sent to me and downloads don't happen, or happen erratically and not like it should. over 2 weeks trying to install Call of duty and I have 650Gig spare. it is a common issue Microsoft are not saying much about and I have not used my xbox this year (or the replacement ones) more then once to play a game. Had to stop the downloads and then I could play a game it had installed. But if an update comes along that game is unable to play also. I want my money back and I will keep pushing until they call me with a supervisor as I am over Xbox now. I have been loyal since the first one came out and they have cooked me. No support
  5. UneasyJmitchell Win User

Black Ops 2 stats signature

@Faze--It is my real stats, but it doesnt auto update. The guy that made them (a forum reg) would go pull our stats and update them every month or so, but as you see, that stopped in March. I do have a BF3 signature too and it is linked to a BF website that
    does auto updat stats.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

XBox Elite Series 2 unplugged from PC using USB won't auto connect to Bluetooth

That doesnt make any sense. Why would you design a bluetooth protocol on your own OS that didnt auto connect?
    It should auto connect. My controller does.

The only time my Xbox One controller won't auto connect is when I've connected it to my gaming PC via USB to charge the battery. After this I have to re-sync the controller. But I only have to do this for the duration of the battery charge. My controller
    auto syncs first time from Windows boot up.

The issue is that the controller has two wireless protocols. It does not use Bluetooth with the wireless gaming receiver, or when connected to an Xbox console.

If your controller won't auto connect then there must be something wrong with your Bluetooth hardware on your PC. Have you tried a Bluetooth dongle to test this out?
Thema:

1. Why doesnt my xbox auto update games. - Similar Threads - Why doesnt auto

2. Why doesnt the xbox login window when launching Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesnt the xbox login window when launching Forza Horizon 5: I have attached an image and video of the issue in question, I have tried just about everything to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. https://youtu.be/_BFy4IPm5k8...
  3. Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?: Up until around 3 years ago, if you went on someone’s activity feed if they had added someone, it would say. I would like to know when ive added people so i would normally check the activity feed...
  4. Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...: Please, i really need help with this problem, im freaked out f9f73ff6-5331-413f-a7f6-ca29855b8389
  5. why when i connect my new wired gaming headsets it doesnt add the device or add the name,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why when i connect my new wired gaming headsets it doesnt add the device or add the name,...: when i connect my new gaming headset it doesn't has its own name to it or separate it from the windows default sound device it always goes to the windows default one and runs by that instead of...
  6. I downloaded roblox, but when I try to open it, it doesnt open and it keeps closing. Why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded roblox, but when I try to open it, it doesnt open and it keeps closing. Why...: I downloaded roblox, but when I try to open it, it doesnt open and it keeps closing. I keep trying different things to open and start roblox, but no matter what I do it doesn;'t work....
  7. why have the games loading changed and it doesnt work either. Why keep changing when it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why have the games loading changed and it doesnt work either. Why keep changing when it...: Why change microsoft games into something that doesnt load de1b18e5-cf2f-45cd-b598-8f5878413ec2
  8. why doesnt my gift card i bought at walmart work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why doesnt my gift card i bought at walmart work: I bought a 29.99 dollar gift card for java and bedrock at walmart It wouldnt work when i put it in i would like to know why 71910da3-3f5d-45e0-b5b6-cb8f1a1e0d5a
  9. Why doesnt Microsoft make their warranty as a 1 year or however long you bought and then 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt Microsoft make their warranty as a 1 year or however long you bought and then 1...: I got the controller last Christmas and the warranty expired in January now the bumpers don't work and it's cost over 100 dollars to fix it 752f6a80-a7fa-47e7-9a90-094b9464a554
  10. Why doesnt my Xbox controller connect to Minecraft dungeons?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesnt my Xbox controller connect to Minecraft dungeons?: hi today i bought Minecraft dungens and wanted to play the game with my controller. Its an Xbox elite wireless Controller Series 2. If i start the game only shows keyboard controlls and they are...