Why doesn't MS store want to install Minecraft?

Discus and support Why doesn't MS store want to install Minecraft? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to install Minecraft on my new laptop, and in the Microsoft Store, there are two options, "Minecraft Launcher" and "Minecraft Java and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by knihovnik2, Dec 3, 2023.

1. knihovnik2
    knihovnik2 Guest

I'm trying to install Minecraft on my new laptop, and in the Microsoft Store, there are two options, "Minecraft Launcher" and "Minecraft Java and Bedrock". But it doesn't matter what I try, because for both of them, window with something like "select your file location" appears.

In the popup, there is probably supposed to be some text with a file location, but it's just white, with a "select new default file location" button underneath. There is no location, and the game won't install no matter what I do.

It doesn't know where to, but neither do I, and it doesn't let me choose the location manualy (not that I know which one to choose).

Somebody please help.

I hate Microsoft why are you making installing a game so difficult.

:)

knihovnik2, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

Here is a thread with a possible solution for a similar issue to the one you're currently faced with: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/7e69ac50-c631-47df-a38e-ddda8adf15ee

It states the following:
    Try running the Windows Store apps Troubleshooter.
    Try resetting the Store cache.
    Reinstall Store.
    Do a repair install.

I hope this helps.
  3. Renato Adrian Win User

Minecraft Launcher icon is missing on desktop.

hello Raj and YoadKalif I hope you're doing well

I had the same problem after performing a OS re-install.
    This problem happens when you install Minecraft from the MS Store without being authenticated and I'll tell you why. After doing some tests with Wireshark I noticed the Minecraft Launcher itself loads the SVG icon from the web. So for that reason you must authenticate on the MS Store by logging in. Then you install the launcher again. You will find the icon is properly loaded.

Cheers
  4. Avalon77 Win User

Exchange Microsoft Store Version of Forza Horizon 4 for Steam Version

I know that! I just want to share my general disgust with having the game on MS Store!

Here's one of the reasons why:

To install the game I open MS Store app, cannot find the game there anywhere in my library. I have to click purchases upon where it opens a website with my purchases ... There I have to click the game title ... then it opens the page where I can finally find an install button .... except no! That button wants to open a link in MS Store app! .... there FINALLY it opens a page with the game and a final INSTALL button! [mod removed] Microsft? Slap left, slap right for you! Your Store is absolute [mod removed[!
  5. Eletricdrum Win User

Minecraft doesn't want to install properly.

Hi, my name is Fernando and I am an independent consultant for Microsoft products.

Check if your windows and all its services are up to date:

- Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

- Click Check for Updates;

- Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Be sure you have the update version 22H2 installed:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If the issue persist:

- In the windows search bar type "Powershell"

- Right click and select open as administrator

- Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers"

Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC and open the gamepass app, it will ask you to reinstall the gaming services, install it, and try again.

Login with the account that you used to purchase and play the game on the following link:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

Go to "Purchase History" and check if the game in question is in the list.

Just change the filters if the game has been purchased more than 3 months.

You can check it too through the Xbox site:

Login with the account that you used to purchase and play the game:

https://www.xbox.com

Search for the game in the search bar, it should appear with the button to install.
  6. Chakov Win User

Minecraft doesn't want to install properly.

Thank you, the issue is fixed now :D
Thema:

1. Why doesn't MS store want to install Minecraft? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't store

2. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  3. Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD: I just got a xbox series s, I plugged in my 2TB and formatted it like the console told me too, I pick it up on the xbox, I can download onto it, but the xbox app doesn't pick it up. At all. Why?...
  4. Why doesn't it work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't it work?: Hi! A while ago, I got a GENTEK keyboard and mouse. While the mouse works fine, the keyboard sometimes doesn't work at all. 8ce2d636-82a8-40cb-82d7-1f8e09929d09
  5. Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?: I have an Xbox Series X, and Dolby Vision is supposedly supported when using the Max app. I have found, though, that movies or TV shows on Max that are supposed to support Dolby Vision simply do...
  6. Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?: Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox? a7fb3d03-9704-4297-a118-761e51fe8ed9
  7. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  8. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  9. Why my roblox at microsoft store doesn't open i do all things microsoft way

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why my roblox at microsoft store doesn't open i do all things microsoft way: i do all things microsoft way 71ad058c-0aa7-4a22-88d9-24b55dcae214
  10. Why does the game I purchased in store NBA 2k 23 x/s doesn't work on Xbox one s ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the game I purchased in store NBA 2k 23 x/s doesn't work on Xbox one s ?: Yesterday I bought NBA 2k 23 on my console Xbox one s and in the game it was marked that it is for x/s and it doesn't work please if any member of the team can help contact me cause I feel bad for...