Why doesn’t Microsoft log in work for Nintendo Switch?

Discus and support Why doesn’t Microsoft log in work for Nintendo Switch? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi! I’ve been trying to connect my Microsoft account to Minecraft on my switch but it makes me download “oauth”(a file with no data) and then gets... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Abigail Corcio, Aug 31, 2023.

1. Why doesn’t Microsoft log in work for Nintendo Switch?

Hi! I’ve been trying to connect my Microsoft account to Minecraft on my switch but it makes me download “oauth”(a file with no data) and then gets stuck on the loading screen. I’ve tried on multiple devices and on both safari and chrome. From previous posts I see this issue has been happening for many people, can it be resolved or should I try to get my money back from the app?

:)

Abigail Corcio, Aug 31, 2023
  2. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi Abigail Corcio,

Welcome to Microsoft Xbox Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting your Microsoft account to Minecraft on your Nintendo Switch. I'll do my best to help you with this issue.

Firstly, I would like to clarify that Microsoft accounts can be used to sign into Minecraft on Nintendo Switch. However, there are some steps that need to be followed to ensure that the process is successful.

Here are the steps that you can follow to connect your Microsoft account to Minecraft on your Nintendo Switch:

1. Make sure that you have a Microsoft account. If you don't have one, you can create one for free on the Microsoft website.

2. Open Minecraft on your Nintendo Switch and select "Sign In" from the main menu.

3. Select "Sign in with a Microsoft Account" and follow the on-screen instructions to sign in.

4. If you're prompted to download the "oauth" file, make sure that you download it and save it to your device.

5. Once the file is downloaded, go back to Minecraft and select "Choose File" to locate and select the "oauth" file.

6. After selecting the file, Minecraft should automatically sign you in to your Microsoft account.

If you're still experiencing issues after following these steps, there are a few things that you can try:

- Make sure that your Nintendo Switch is connected to the internet and that you have a stable internet connection.

- Clear the cache and cookies on your web browser and try signing in again.

- Try signing into your Microsoft account on a different device to see if the issue is specific to your Nintendo Switch.

If none of these steps work, you can contact the Minecraft support team for further assistance. See: Contact Us | Minecraft Help

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  3. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi Abigail Corcio,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  4. Chelsey Schrand Win User

Trying to sign on to my Microsoft account on minecraft for switch.

This is not the first time I've signed into my Microsoft account for minecraft or Nintendo switch. I have tried multiple wifi connections, and the only error code it gives me is error code 500 and says xbox live cannot complete this request. I am able to log into my Microsoft account on the regular Microsoft website, just doesn't work for the website to connect it to my minecraft for nintendo switch
  5. Sheeshkabobz Win User

It keeps sending invites to my phone

No the invitation doesn’t even appear on my Nintendo switch only on my mobile Minecraft account.
  6. Maria Ana clarisseIn Win User

Minecraft login

Hi Eco,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have question on log in for Minecraft. You should be able to log into all Minecraft on many different platforms with your Microsoft account. As Cross play requires a Microsoft account.

Cross-platform play available on Xbox One, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and Windows 10. Cross-play requires
    Microsoft account. Xbox Live Gold required for online multiplayer on Xbox One. PlayStation Plus Membership required for online multiplayer on Playstation 4. Nintendo Switch Online membership required for online multiplayer on Nintendo Switch.

Thanks,

Brad
    its not work :(
Thema:

1. Why doesn’t Microsoft log in work for Nintendo Switch? - Similar Threads - Why doesn’t Microsoft

2. Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...: I dont understand why my Xbox won’t connect to my via network 0540cb0c-6d58-4834-b2ea-cf0f37fd08f3
  3. Hall of Champions Reset, Why doesn’t it reset?

in XboX Insiders
    Hall of Champions Reset, Why doesn’t it reset?: Am I missing something or are others experiencing this I’m being told to reset my rank as I’m past 17 but it’s not coming up to let me reset Thanks submitted by /u/SoftwareJolly4159 [link]...
  4. My Xbox doesn’t connect to the internet, and I don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox doesn’t connect to the internet, and I don’t know why: My Xbox Series S isn’t connecting to my Ethernet, it’s is saying That the service is unavailable, but every time I connect to a computer it’s working. I tried wireless connection but its connects...
  5. Why have I been granted a refund, but on my purchase page it doesn’t come up as refunded?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why have I been granted a refund, but on my purchase page it doesn’t come up as refunded?: It’s been nearly a month since I was granted a refund and I am owed just over £60. I have asked these types of questions before, but no one has helped. I need a one on one conversation on how I...
  6. Why doesn’t my java code work when i put it in?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn’t my java code work when i put it in?: So My friend got a Gift card for christmas. He was putting it in but it kept saying that it was invalid or someone already claimed it even though it was brand new. Can someone help me with this...
  7. Why doesn’t my mic work on my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my mic work on my wired controller?: My parents bought me a Xbox certificated wired controller for Christmas,i was excited to get on the get game and talk to my friends. I plugged my mic port in and started to talk but my mic was...
  8. Why doesn’t my friend have the game I gifted him?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn’t my friend have the game I gifted him?: I recently gifted the dark pictures little hope(game) to my friend so we could play together but it seems he hasn’t received it. I’m just curious because last time I did this he was able to...
  9. why doesn’t discord work?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why doesn’t discord work?: When I try to get into a discord call with my friends, I went into the party and chat tab when I pressed on discord to link accounts, and when I checked the Discord app, it said it was connected...
  10. why doesn’t Microsoft bedrock Minecraft cloud not work in iOS it doesn’t makes no sense

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why doesn’t Microsoft bedrock Minecraft cloud not work in iOS it doesn’t makes no sense: Its quite a problem as Microsoft hasn’t added this feature for so long I hope this question could reach someone with ties to Microsoft and answer this question for me as it quite an issue with...