Why doesn’t it let me unblock someone on Xbox?

Discus and support Why doesn’t it let me unblock someone on Xbox? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I blocked my mate, when I go to unblock him it lets me but then I click back on his name and it says unblock. and when I unblock him and join his party... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Dan Howells, Aug 3, 2023.

1. Dan Howells
    Dan Howells Guest

I blocked my mate, when I go to unblock him it lets me but then I click back on his name and it says unblock. and when I unblock him and join his party it says I’ve muted him and doesn’t let me unmute him. I’ve also tried messaging him and still doesn’t work.

:)

Dan Howells, Aug 3, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Hello welcome to the Xbox community, my name is Fernando it's a pleasure to help.

Select "Friends". Select the gamertag of the person you want to unblock from your friends list or recent players list. Send a friend request, game invite, or message to the locked player to unblock them and allow them to communicate with you on Xbox Live.

Hope I helped, see you soon!
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Xbox won’t let me unblock someone ?

Hello Ross 222222,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand how you wanted to sort everything out regarding with your account that was accidentally blocked by your friend, adding your friend back on the account that won't let you and also with hearing your friend. We appreciate you all the steps you took before raising this concern to us. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

To narrow down the situation, try performing few steps to see if this works:

For the issue where you cannot hear your friend, but they can hear you, try the following steps.

1. If we are using an Xbox controller, try updated your controller. Then, proceed to perform the following steps.

* If you don't already have the app installed, get in in the Store: Microsoft Store Xbox Accessories App

2. Open the Xbox Accessories App.

3. Connect your Xbox Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

4. When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

Things to keep in mind:

• The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10/11.
    • Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported.
    • To customize the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 in the Xbox Accessories app, make sure your PC has the latest fixes. See how to get updates
    • Bluetooth Low Energy requires a PC running the Windows 10 November 2021 Update (or later). To learn how to get the latest update, see: Windows Update: FAQ

5. Try to modify your windows pc time and date to automatic. How to set your time and time zone - Microsoft Support

6. Check if the microphone of those who are communicating with you through the app on your windows is being used in another app or is working.

7. Can you try another account from your end? To see if that works.

8. Also, try to communicate with another friend as well to see if the issue still persists.

9. Try adding your friend online. To do that, here's the link: Xbox Profile Online

10. You can also try to check your accounts Xbox profile settings. Check out this link to see the ways of how to do that. Manage Xbox Online safety and privacy settings.

We would also love to share this helpful link that you can check, in order to avoid any further issues with the account the in future. Check out this links: Microsoft Services Agreement & Xbox Community Standards

Thank you for posting and have a good one.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Mae Sev. Win User

Xbox won’t let me unblock someone ?

Hello Ross 222222,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Why it doesn’t Let me play it

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Planton

Sorry for the inconveniences, right now the pre-order was cancelled for some gamers.

In this case you're going to receive a refund in the next 3-5 business days (can take longer depending on your financial institution)

You can double check this current problem here:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/

[​IMG]
  6. BootstrapGolem Win User

Unblocking People

why would you unblock someone you had previously blocked?
Thema:

1. Why doesn’t it let me unblock someone on Xbox? - Similar Threads - Why doesn’t let

2. Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...: I dont understand why my Xbox won’t connect to my via network 0540cb0c-6d58-4834-b2ea-cf0f37fd08f3
  3. Hall of Champions Reset, Why doesn’t it reset?

in XboX Insiders
    Hall of Champions Reset, Why doesn’t it reset?: Am I missing something or are others experiencing this I’m being told to reset my rank as I’m past 17 but it’s not coming up to let me reset Thanks submitted by /u/SoftwareJolly4159 [link]...
  4. My Xbox doesn’t connect to the internet, and I don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox doesn’t connect to the internet, and I don’t know why: My Xbox Series S isn’t connecting to my Ethernet, it’s is saying That the service is unavailable, but every time I connect to a computer it’s working. I tried wireless connection but its connects...
  5. Why have I been granted a refund, but on my purchase page it doesn’t come up as refunded?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why have I been granted a refund, but on my purchase page it doesn’t come up as refunded?: It’s been nearly a month since I was granted a refund and I am owed just over £60. I have asked these types of questions before, but no one has helped. I need a one on one conversation on how I...
  6. Why doesn’t my java code work when i put it in?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn’t my java code work when i put it in?: So My friend got a Gift card for christmas. He was putting it in but it kept saying that it was invalid or someone already claimed it even though it was brand new. Can someone help me with this...
  7. Why doesn’t my mic work on my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my mic work on my wired controller?: My parents bought me a Xbox certificated wired controller for Christmas,i was excited to get on the get game and talk to my friends. I plugged my mic port in and started to talk but my mic was...
  8. Why doesn’t my friend have the game I gifted him?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn’t my friend have the game I gifted him?: I recently gifted the dark pictures little hope(game) to my friend so we could play together but it seems he hasn’t received it. I’m just curious because last time I did this he was able to...
  9. Why doesn’t the digital mw2 let me play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn’t the digital mw2 let me play: I’ve had the digital version of this game since season 2 and it’s worked decently well on letting me start the game but now once I get to the press a to start screen and i click a it gives me a...
  10. Why doesn’t my series s let me extract audio from HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my series s let me extract audio from HDMI: My One X crapped out on me, it had the optical port that I used to hook up to my Bose speaker. I just got the Series s and notice it doesn’t have an optical port. So i ordered an HDMI/optical...