Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?

Discus and support Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series X, and Dolby Vision is supposedly supported when using the Max app. I have found, though, that movies or TV shows on Max that are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Scott C. Smith, Jun 3, 2024.

1. Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?

I have an Xbox Series X, and Dolby Vision is supposedly supported when using the Max app. I have found, though, that movies or TV shows on Max that are supposed to support Dolby Vision simply do not actually enable it. I do have the full Max subscription, so I should be able to view this content (and if I switch to Max on my Roku, I am able to do just that). The version of Max I have is the most up-to-date one available, and according to Max it's 4.0.2 (b3.5.1962). I can confirm that on other apps that support Dolby Vision, it works fine (such as with Disney Plus). For instance, tonight I watched Man of Steel, which according to Max is in 4K UHD with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision. But my TV isn't displaying it with that option (I can use my remote to see how the picture is being displayed, so I know it's not using that feature).

:)

Scott C. Smith, Jun 3, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

you would have to ask Max as they are responsible for their own app. Anytime you have problems with an app, do you need to contact that company as they write the software and Microsoft has no ability to change or examine their code
  3. AndrewParkes Win User

green flickers when going to dashboard.xbox series x

I have a series x connected to a Philips Amerlight 65pus8535 I get 5he silver metallic screen playing x/s dedicated games and it also appears while using Disney plus app from my tv apps! Is this a problem with my tv or is it a Dolby vision problem, I have turned off the dolby for gaming and this worked but in the detail list on my Xbox series x it says that the dolby vision may experience distortion?
  4. Richard waddington Win User

How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has been ticked

Hi I have a Xbox series x with a Dolby vision compatible tv also will the allow Dolby vision playback selected in settings on and it still only displays in HDR only when playing 4k blu rays ? I have set it 4k 60hz and the games display in Dolby vision plus streaming apps but not 4k disc playback! Is this correct that the xbox series can’t do this ?
  5. Luke941 Win User

4K Blu-ray playback

I do know about the gaming part. I was asking the question if the Xbox Series X could have the Dolby Vision added into the BluRay app so, that 4K BluRay movies can enjoy Dolby Vision as well.
  6. Deus ex Mox Win User

Dolby Vision - Blu-ray player app

I got a response from Customer Service: no support for Dolby Vision on Blu-ray app on Xbox One X at the moment (not even on Xbox Series X).

They said they are working on that, since a lot of people made complaints about this issue. I hope it's true, it's ridiculous to not support Dolby Vision nowadays on a device that has been promoted as a valid Blu-ray player.
Thema:

1. Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X? - Similar Threads - Why Doesn't Dolby

2. Why doesn't it work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't it work?: Hi! A while ago, I got a GENTEK keyboard and mouse. While the mouse works fine, the keyboard sometimes doesn't work at all. 8ce2d636-82a8-40cb-82d7-1f8e09929d09
  3. Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?: Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox? a7fb3d03-9704-4297-a118-761e51fe8ed9
  4. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  5. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  6. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  7. Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?: When set for 120fps, the controller continually disconnects it self every 5 or so seconds f5e51840-aa9a-4a45-b1ea-d921f0f3593e
  8. Why doesn't xbox gamepass pc site work in Montenegro at all

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesn't xbox gamepass pc site work in Montenegro at all: Hi, Website for gamepass pc doesn't work in Montenegro, even though it says that it is supported region. It displays error: The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer...
  9. Why doesn't Discord audio on Xbox go through TV speakers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't Discord audio on Xbox go through TV speakers?: No sounds from Discord VC is played on TV speakers. The chat overlay shows that sound is being played, and all sound goes through when a headset is attached, but if no headset is attached it just...
  10. Why doesn't xbox give us these new features upgrades?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesn't xbox give us these new features upgrades?: This is a message directly for xbox, why doesn't xbox release an update for us that can allow us to stream straight to YouTube and add the chat on our hud wether streaming to twitch or YouTube. We...