Why doesn't Cortana respond when I speak into my mic?

Discus and support Why doesn't Cortana respond when I speak into my mic? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Cortana doesn't hear me when I speak through my mic. is there some option I have to turn on in order for this to work?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ed1444, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Ed1444
    Ed1444 Guest

Cortana doesn't hear me when I speak through my mic. is there some option I have to turn on in order for this to work?

:)

Ed1444, Jul 31, 2016
  2. II M0Z II
    II M0Z II Guest
    Cortana does not work!

Doesn't even respond to hey Cortana for me - useless!

II M0Z II, Jul 31, 2016
  3. ryank0717
    ryank0717 Guest
    Cortana does not work!

Scooter3303 - I am having the exact same difficulty. Cortana responds to "Hey Cortana" but doesn't hear anything after that. Typing information is useless as she "thinks" endlessly. The new update has been installed. Cortana was turned "on" and XBOX restarted.
    Internet is connected. My profile is signed in. XBOX has been through multiple full power cycles with Kinect cord plugged and unplugged. Kinect was successfully recalibrated multiple times. Cortana still doesn't work via the Kinect or my official XBOX One
    headset. Hoping for an update for this bug!

ryank0717, Jul 31, 2016
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

Please see instructions below

1. Cortana is only available in the US and UK at the moment.

2. Cortana is only available to consoles running the latest software. If my games and apps is in the top right of the homescreen then you are probably running the latest version of Xbox software.

3. From the guide on the left Select Settings/All settings/System/Cortana settings and check the little Cortana slider is set to on.

4. The correct voice command to use for Cortana is "Hey Cortana"

Hopefully this should help you with your issues.

gds1972, Jul 31, 2016
  5. Hey there He,

You can also find out what operations Cortana can do and respond to by saying “Hey Cortana, What Can I Say?” at different screens and inside apps.

Make sure to have Cortana turned on as gds1972 suggested and provided steps for as well!

Mister Mascot, Aug 1, 2016
  6. Ed1444
    Ed1444 Guest
    this did not answer my question. Cortana doesnt activate if i talk through my headset

Ed1444, Aug 1, 2016
  7. To clarify, is Cortana turned on using the steps provided by gds1972? That's required in order for Cortana to work properly.

Mister Mascot, Aug 2, 2016
  8. Ed1444
    Ed1444 Guest

of course... I use Cortana through my Kinect but I want to use her through my mic

Ed1444, Aug 2, 2016
  9. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Hey He -

Thanks for the additional info. What mic (brand and model, if applicable) are you using? And could you please verify that it works? To do this, you could record a voice message to a friend and then play back your message to see if your mic picked up your
    voice. Provided your mic does work, could you try unplugging your Kinect Sensor and then try using Cortana with your mic please?

Do keep us posted please so we can continue to look into the issue. Why doesn't Cortana respond when I speak into my mic? :)

Miss Bijoux, Aug 3, 2016
  10. Ed1444
    Ed1444 Guest
    i have the Turtle Beach XO One i believe its called. it works. i use it all the time to talk to friends. I'll try unplugging my Kinect and see if that works but i wouldnt want to leave my Kinect unplugged ...

Ed1444, Aug 3, 2016
  11. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Hey He,

Additionally, do you have an Xbox One chat headset to test to see if the results are different? That, along with trying the voice commands with the Kinect unplugged, will help us a bunch!

Let us know how it goes! Why doesn't Cortana respond when I speak into my mic? :)

Mister Beep, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: