Why does Xbox suddenly say I do not own game (Modern Warfare II)?

Discus and support Why does Xbox suddenly say I do not own game (Modern Warfare II)? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I pre-ordered Modern Warfare II back in October. I've played the game with virtually no issues since then. I recently tried to play MW2 and the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AilingAwesome, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Why does Xbox suddenly say I do not own game (Modern Warfare II)?

Hi,

I pre-ordered Modern Warfare II back in October. I've played the game with virtually no issues since then. I recently tried to play MW2 and the following issues occur:

When queueing with friends on multiplayer, the game says that I do not own the game and cannot play multiplayer (either "one or more players in your party does not have access to this feature" or a purchase the game message)

When playing multiplayer solo, I am able to play with no issues.

When I check the Xbox store it says I do not own the game (must purchase to leave review, gives options to buy).

After I called Microsoft they verified I have a full active entitlement. I've tried a factory reset, power cycle, quitting app, and resetting various network settings. Does anyone have any advice?

:)

AilingAwesome, Dec 19, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello AilingAwesome, this must be some bug between the Xbox One system, the most important thing is that you check that you have all the licenses of the game in your account.

In your description you mention that you did a factory reset on the console, and if that did not solve the issue the ideal would be to provide feedback to the Microsoft team.

Provide feedback to Team Xbox

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  3. Shadow pain1236 Win User

My preordered content is not appearing in my full library

I pre-ordered the Modern Warfare ii. Why is it saying currently not available on my Xbox one?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

MW2 13th mission,campagne, mexico.. no floor no building... nothing!

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Pat.

Seems to be like an issue with the game itself and not your console.
    Did you tried reinstalling the game to see if that does the trick?

If not and if this is happening only with modern warfare II the next step is report this problem to Activision here:
    https://support.activision.com/modern-warfare-i...
  5. Francia J. Win User

Modern warfare 2

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Go to "My games and apps" > Installed games > Highlight the game > Press the Menu button > Go to "manage games and add-ons" > Click the game icon.

Make sure that these packs are installed:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 1

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 2

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 3

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 4

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 5

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 6
  6. Francia J. Win User

Mw2 is saying I need to purchase again but according to Microsoft I already own the title and remember purchasing. Is there still bugs or glitches?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Go to "My games and apps" > Installed games > Highlight the game > Press the Menu button > Go to "manage games and add-ons" > Click the game icon.

Make sure that these packs are installed:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 1

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 2

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 3

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 4

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 5

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 6
Thema:

1. Why does Xbox suddenly say I do not own game (Modern Warfare II)? - Similar Threads - Why does suddenly

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. why does my controller suddenly not work while plugged in on my pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my controller suddenly not work while plugged in on my pc?: im playing on a pc and using a cable for my controller and it was working fine and the the other day it just stopped working. ive even gone through every cable i have , and its something lik60 or...
  6. Why does my controller suddenly not work after disconecting and then reconecting it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller suddenly not work after disconecting and then reconecting it?: Hello, yesterday i was playing with my xbox series s wireless controller on my pc which ive had for about a year and had it connected to bluetooth. Suddenly my controller dies and i go to change...
  7. Why does my elite series 2 controller suddenly and randomly change direction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite series 2 controller suddenly and randomly change direction: I bought a new Elite Series 2 Controller direct from Microsoft less than a month ago. With it I've put in over 200 hours into Starfield as well as a few hours into other games I play with my...
  8. Why does my Series X all of a sudden, after having it for several years, think it's plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Series X all of a sudden, after having it for several years, think it's plugged...: Same as above. Had the console for forever, moved multiple times with it, used it with WiFi and with a cable just fine for several years, and all of a sudden, 2 days ago it started thinking it was...
  9. Why does NBA2k 21, 22 and 23 suddenly start crashing on my Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does NBA2k 21, 22 and 23 suddenly start crashing on my Xbox One?: I have cleaned out the dust thoroughly from the fan and heatsink as there is an overheating/ventilation message. Other games like Hogwarts Legacy work no problem. All these games are disc games. I...
  10. Why does my friend's profile offline and they suddenly have no friends?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my friend's profile offline and they suddenly have no friends?: A friend of mine has all of a sudden lost all of her friends and doesnt appear online anymore. This happened shortly after i told her to restart her device. She hasnt been able to message me...