why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it...

Discus and support why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i’m trying to update my controller and it said “connect one controller with a usb cable. keep any attached devices connected to the controller.” so i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kam_1424, Sep 19, 2023.

1. kam_1424
    kam_1424 Guest

why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it...

i’m trying to update my controller and it said “connect one controller with a usb cable. keep any attached devices connected to the controller.” so i did and then i pressed “continue” and it said something like “there’s no controller connected using usb. make sure the usb cable is firmly attached and try again” and the options are “try it now” and “exit” when i press exit it takes me back to the main page showing a big picture of the controller and a bunch of buttons on the left saying “update now”, “assigned to *****”, “this controller signs in ******”, “volume”, “vibrate this controller”, “turn on copilot”, and right above the image of the controller it says “battery level: plugged in” so the xbox knows the controller is plugged in but then it magically forgets.

i’ve tried resetting it, using different usbs even tho i know this one works, and plugging the usb into different spots. nobody is talking about this issue and i have no idea what to do, im just going in circles. pls help.

:)

kam_1424, Sep 19, 2023
  2. Cliff A. Win User

why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it says that it’s plugged in on another page?

Hi kam_1424

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

I do understand the urgency of you wanting to find other ways for this issue of yours in regards with updating your controller. We are very glad to help you out to find some of the best possible options and troubleshooting's that we can provide for you.

Please let us ensure and double check that you are using a USB cable that is compatible with your controller. You can use the USB cable that came with your Xbox console or any other USB cable that supports data transfer.

Next, let us please try the following steps to update your controller:

1. Connect your controller to your Xbox console using the USB cable.

2. Press the Xbox button on your controller to turn it on.

3. Go to Settings > Devices & accessories > Accessories.

4. Select the controller that you want to update.

5. Select the "..." button to open the menu, and then select "Device info".

6. If an update is available, you will see an option to update your controller. Select "Update now" to start the update process.

If you are still experiencing issues with updating your controller, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

> Restart your console: Perform a full restart of your Xbox console by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts down completely, Afterward, turn it back on and try and try updating the controller again.

> Update using Xbox Accessories app: Instead of updating through the console's system settings. you can try updating your controller using the Xbox Accessories app on Windows PC. Here are some steps:

• Connect your Xbox controller to your PC using a USB cable.
    • Download and install the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store
    • Open the Xbox Accessories app and follow the on-screen instructions to update your controller's firmware.

If none of the above step's work, try updating your controller using a different Xbox console. Since this is one way for us to isolate if your Xbox controller works on other consoles to be updated. Because there might be possibilities that your specific controller might have been affected since you are using a different cable and tried to plug it to other ports and still your controller is not recognized on the console to be updated.

If you continue to experience issues, please contact Xbox Support for further assistance. You can find more information on updating your Xbox controller in this article: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/accessories/update-xbox-wireless-controller

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your issue. I hope all of this information's are helpful. We look forward on your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Cliff A. Win User

why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it says that it’s plugged in on another page?

Hi kam_1424

We have not heard anything from you in the last 72 hours. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that the issue you reported to us has been resolved. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you've dedicated to getting a resolution for this issue of yours.

Please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. TIG3RE1GHT Win User

Latest firmware update broke my controller.

Also I have attempted to downgrade the firmware through the Xbox Accessories app, it told me 'hey there's no issue you're updated!' and proceeded to close the update page. I also tried connecting it to my Windows device and it does not recognise the controller despite the controller vibrating when I plug it into the USB.
  5. ctrocks97 Win User

Regular Xbox One Controller for Xbox One S

the wireless sync does not work. The controller works for about 20 seconds after hooking it up via usb, but then shortly disconnects and stops working for the xbox. When I unplug it from the USB, it does not remember connecting to the console. I have tried
    going to controller settings in the short time it is connected, but it says no updates available. Do you know how this can be fixed?
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Controller not syncing

A USB cable would make this a lot easier. As you could connect it directly to the console or a PC and update the firmware for the controller via the USB cable and the Xbox Accessories app.

This page has a number of other steps to try in troubleshooting: Troubleshoot controller.

Let me know if that doesn't resolve your issue.

I don’t mind using a usb if it’s only temporary to fix it. Thank you!! Will try when I find one and get back to you.

Cool; using it to make sure it has a solid connection to update the firmware will help. Let me know.

Also, what controller type is it? Does it have the regular 3.5mm Headphone jack on the bottom? Older versions of the controller don't have Bluetooth, if you're trying to connect that way, and would need a wireless adapter in the PC to connect. Just want
    to make sure we're syncing compatible devices.

unfortunately the usb didn’t work. Our other controller works, though. And this controller was just sent brand new from xbox.
    Your computer would need to have bluetooth built in, or a bluetooth dongle to connect to the computer that way, but nothing else other than that. If it's a new controller with a 3.5mm jack on the bottom, then it likely has bluetooth built in.

Now, I'd like to verify, when you say USB doesn't work, does the controller connect and become usable when connected via USB, or does it not even sync via USB? If it doesn't, or if it does and you've updated the firmware and it still doesn't work, then
    I'd have to direct you to devicesupport.microsoft.com to have the controller serviced. It would be listed as Accessories under the console to submit the service order. I'd recommend reviewing over this page for more details: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-broken-wont-work
Thema:

1. why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it... - Similar Threads - why does there’s

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  8. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  9. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  10. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...