Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...

Discus and support Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I wanted to play rainbow six siege but it said I need to pay for gold. I don’t think this makes sense to make people pay more money to play online... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alex Arm, Dec 24, 2023.

1. Alex Arm
    Alex Arm Guest

Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...

I wanted to play rainbow six siege but it said I need to pay for gold. I don’t think this makes sense to make people pay more money to play online games that they are already paying for but the free games cost nothing at all. Like make the free games cost money to play online? Make 0 sense I guess just someone explain why.

:)

Alex Arm, Dec 24, 2023
  2. Ratdoggg Win User

New Currency System

Why can't i use my account money to pay for a new subscription? Is it required to pay with a credit card or pre-paid gold membership card?
  3. voteDC Win User

BBC i player

If it does comes to other countries then I'd expect is would be a subscription model.

-

UK folk are required to pay a TV Tax (or the license fee as it is known) to the BBC, so we've already paid.
  4. BongKaos Win User

Can I cancel my X-Box Gold subscription now?

You can cancel at anytime you wish. May I ask why you paid in the first place????

This update has been known for a while now, Why would you pay for a service just to cancel it????

Multiplayer online gaming and the free games will still require a paid Gold subscription FYI.

If you just wanted access to the apps, Why not just wait untill they were free instead of paying in advance and wanting a refund?????

Anyway, GOOD LUCK with whatever you decide to do.
  5. Kinectimal Win User

Paying for free stuff?

I don't see how it's a perk for Gold users. It would be a perk if it were included in the cost of a Gold sub. On PS3, there's no charge and PSN is free. If PSN is free and you don't need PSN+ to access Netflix, why doesn't Microsoft allow us access to it
    without a Gold subscription? If I pay for Netflix and I paid for the Xbox, why do I need to pay to use things that I pay for on things I paid for?
  6. Annanda Martins Win User

Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the free online games don’t. That makes no sense

Hi, my name is Annanda, thank you for your question and for reaching out.

Online games always need a Subscription as long as they are not free-to-play games, okay? It is not because you have the game, that it becomes " free "

A game like Rainbow Six Siege which is not free-to-play and is completely online, will always require a subscription to be played.

Other single-player games that you have, and also have online, will only ask for the subscription when you attempt to use its online features.

The subscriptions needed to play online are:

" Game Pass Core if you are playing on Xbox

PC Game Pass if you are playing on PC ( in this case it is not that it is needed to play online on PC, but you will only play the Game Pass games if you have it )

And Game Pass Ultimate gives access to both Xbox and PC Game Pass and much more.

So yes, if you are going to play an Online game that is not free-to-play ( like Fortnite, Rocket League, etc ) you are going to need a subscription.

https://www.xbox.com/xbox-game-pass

Happy Holidays!

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Please, if you have any other doubts, we are here to help.

If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you.

Best Regards, Annanda.
Thema:

1. Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the... - Similar Threads - Why does require

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?: I bought the game but it says I need gamepass to play it. 172de818-b765-4a18-bdf1-b87fc0e89476
  8. Why does XBOX App on PC require 4k cluster size?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does XBOX App on PC require 4k cluster size?: Split from this thread. Data sheet from manufacturer state 512e Sector Size (Bytes per Second) 5124Kn Sector Size (Bytes per Second)4096 My HDD is formatted as NTFS and I have tried both...
  9. Why does XBOX App on PC require 4k cluster size?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does XBOX App on PC require 4k cluster size?: Problem I'm trying to use a secondary SSD as my default installation location for my Game Pass games, and the XBOX application will not let me. The error I receive when clicking on "Don't see...
  10. Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound...: I'll outright say this is just asinine. I'm trying to remote play from my Series X to my Windows 10 PC that exist on the same network; however, the video quality is absolute garbage and completely...