Why does Xbox One not support my ISP speed?

Discus and support Why does Xbox One not support my ISP speed? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok so I got my Internet upgraded today to a 150 Mb/s D/L, 25 Mb/s U/L package. When I signed into Xbox, I ran the 'Detailed Network Statistics' feature... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChewRH, Aug 5, 2016.

1. ChewRH
    ChewRH Guest

Ok so I got my Internet upgraded today to a 150 Mb/s D/L, 25 Mb/s U/L package. When I signed into Xbox, I ran the 'Detailed Network Statistics' feature in Network settings and it actually gave me a result of a sexy 177 Mb/s D/L and can't remember the U/L
    but it was higher than I've ever seen. The issue is, I'm downloading the NHL 17 Beta which is 17.93GB, yet it's only downloading at a speed that ranges between 55 Mb/s - 65 Mb/s. Why does this happen, and is there anything I can do to get the most out of the
    speed it clearly shows it's capable of in the Detailed Network Statistics feature?

:)

ChewRH, Aug 5, 2016
  2. not able to join parties

Hello does any one have information to this yet? I spoke to my isp whom said my router does & will support xbox services

AdvisingAutumn, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Daft Badger, Aug 5, 2016
  4. consumedsoul
    consumedsoul Guest

doesn't matter if the server you're downloading from has limited outgoing pipes

consumedsoul, Aug 5, 2016
  5. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    There are a number of issues.

As mentioned above there may be limits on the Server you are downloading from.

Your ISP may cut your speeds once you reach a certain amount on a daily basis. They may even throttle you (turn the tap off) if you exceed a certain amount per month.

You may be taxing your XBox's resources. Set a download going, enter a party chat, set an online game going to actually play... you may get lower speeds.

Lots of other people doing the same thing as you at the same time as you will also cause your speeds to drop.

So it's not that Microsoft doesn't support your speeds it's just the internet working like it normally does.

I doubt anyone anywhere is getting 100+mb/s Download Speeds on their XBox ONE and the only way I'll believe otherwise is if they prove it.

Azrael008uk, Aug 6, 2016
  6. Pretty much what has been said so far is the right of it. Your X1 pings a specific server to check detailed network stats. Your game downloads will be from different servers. Different connection to different servers = different results.

A Blue Illusion, Aug 6, 2016
  7. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Pretty much what everyone said above. When I tried to download a 2GB DLC for TDU2 on Xbox 360, that took 2 HOURS. I live in a major city in NZ and my ISP is Vodafone NZ get 100 down 10 up. Xbox 360 only utilizes 15,000 servers worldwide, where as Xbox 1
    utilizes 300,000+ of Microsoft's servers worldwide. Sometimes when downloading system updates on the Xbox 1 (I'm not in the preview program thingy), when it comes to the last 50mb, it slows right down to 1mb/minute download. I'm sure someone at Microsoft is
    watching and sitting down and having a lol at me.

Regarding this site as a forum site, I only use this site and the planet coaster forums run by frontier. And I have to say, the pages on their site load WAY FASTER than the forum pages on this site on my PC and phone. Everyone complains about lag no matter
    if you're from NZ/Australia/UK/US.

smileskybird, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: