Why does Xbox need credit card info for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and how do I fix it?

Discus and support Why does Xbox need credit card info for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and how do I fix it? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently got it to play with some friends online but when I tried to put in the code it asks me for a payment method. I've only used Nintendo Online... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Uzumarki_12, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Uzumarki_12
    Uzumarki_12 Guest

Why does Xbox need credit card info for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and how do I fix it?

I recently got it to play with some friends online but when I tried to put in the code it asks me for a payment method. I've only used Nintendo Online codes and it just adds the money to my Switch account or has the online ready to go after putting in the code. I expected that to be the case with Xbox but apparently not, I don't have a credit card and my phone is currently in need of repairs so I can't create one on the spot.

If anyone has any answers I'd be really grateful, I just wanna play Gang Beasts with my friend today since it's her birthday. Again, any answers are welcome.

:)

Uzumarki_12, Jun 29, 2022
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Hi Uzumarki,

There should be a little toggle switch that says something like "Turn on recurring billing for one month free" when you enter the code on your Xbox.

If you turn that off, it should not ask you for any payment method. Alternatively, you can go to redeem.microsoft.com and sign in with the same Microsoft account you use with your Xbox and input the code there.
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Unfortunately, you will need to add a credit card as a back up for future transactions regarding the subscription!

It has always been like that!
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Unfortunately, to sign the game pass you must have a credit, debit, or PayPal card linked to your account. If you have a game pass code to activate, you can access the following link https://redeem.microsoft.com, but you will need to deactivate the recurring charge on your account for the code to be activated, you can do this at the following link https://account.microsoft.com/services

*I hope this can help you.
  5. Uzumarki_12 Win User

Gotcha, thank you for the help!
  6. BakyOsijekHr Win User

Xbox Game Pass Unlimited

You must have a credit card or pay pall as a backup. You can't gift it. The account that has credits must buy game pass ultimate. As I said you can do it with the Microsoft credit but you will need a credit card or pay pal. Just go to your game pass on your
    box or on this link: Game pass.
Thema:

1. Why does Xbox need credit card info for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and how do I fix it? - Similar Threads - Why does need

2. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  3. When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...: When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't even a couple of minutes a6043f89-fec2-47c0-83d5-0d3bde358e8f
  4. Why does it keep showing that my discord account needs to be relinked with my xbox even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it keep showing that my discord account needs to be relinked with my xbox even...: It’s just making me do the same thing over and over with no outcome leading towards me using discord on my xbox again. 8aa145d5-0cd1-45c1-80bb-4c7314a33051
  5. Why does mk11 ultimate need a 2nd disk when there is no 2nd disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does mk11 ultimate need a 2nd disk when there is no 2nd disk: I downloaded mk11 ultimate edition off my disk and it woked perfectly and deleted it and redownloaded it with the same disk and now its saying it needs a 2nd disk and is only giving me the basic...
  6. Why does my Xbox need to be signed in when I logout email everywhere

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Xbox need to be signed in when I logout email everywhere: I'm only asking because outlook specifically says "logging out everywhere does NOT affect Xbox" So why does my Xbox ask me to go to Microsoft.com/link every time?...
  7. Why does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on...: WhereWhy does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on release pr order so... what? Where is my game Microsoft? Why am I being asked to pay for game pass to play...
  8. Why does Xbox say I need to renew Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox say I need to renew Game Pass?: I was recently gifted 3 months of GamePass Core and tried to play games such as Dead by Daylight, a very popular GamePass Core/GamePass Ultimate required game on Xbox, and it has continuously told...
  9. Why does it say I need to add friends to be able to invite, when I have 100 friends online?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it say I need to add friends to be able to invite, when I have 100 friends online?: I'm trying to invite anyone from my friendliest to a 1v1 friendly and I see this message that "add friends to be able to play against them...." while I already have friends and it even shows that...
  10. Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...: I’m at college trying to set up my Xbox in the dorm and it said my internet connection was fine, and I’m signed in, but when I try to start any game it just says that the person who bought it...