Why does Xbox force Crossplay when it is optional on PS systems?

Discus and support Why does Xbox force Crossplay when it is optional on PS systems? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Before I begin, there are multiple Xbox Dev sources and Xbox ambassador sources that "claim" to have explained it was supposed to be optional from the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Exhausted Gamer, Sep 27, 2023.

1. Why does Xbox force Crossplay when it is optional on PS systems?

Before I begin, there are multiple Xbox Dev sources and Xbox ambassador sources that "claim" to have explained it was supposed to be optional from the launch of crossplay. As all Xbox players have experienced over the last few years, it is not that simple. Not one "Ambassador" or Dev can sit here and tell me its built into the system itself. I'm aware of that, and am familiar with the settings to achieve it. Where I am frustrated is the ease of access PS has to simply turn it off per game. Some big game titles force crossplay all around where others are purely optional. Where on those AAA titles we shouldn't have a greyed out settings option. On the PS systems can simply turn it off in the game settings themselves.

Gamers used to live by the old GameStop slogan of "Power to the players" and now its turned into "Power to the streamers" since the casual player base still puts out lots of $$$ into games and lots of time after their long work days it should make no difference between the casual after work gamer compared to your 10AM-10PM gamer. These streamers aren't a problem or "THE" problem. Its the Xbox dev mindset of paper chasing. Xbox has shifted to the competitive cash grab where PS has really focused their player base. So what I would consider the problem would be the Stage gamers. There should be E-Sport modes within the game where crossplay should be forced completely. there should be games designed for FORCED CROSSPLAY, not one specific console. Where a large portion of Xbox gamers have dumped a huge sum of $$$ into Xbox and their console exclusives, I have decided its not worth the fight.

If Devs stepped down off their podiums of glory and listened to their player base I BELEIVE that they would start doing the math and they would not like the percentage of players that would agree with this post. There are countless ways to make money as a top tier console studio, but the gamers opinions fall on def ears. On that note I'll end with this new slogan for xbox: XBOX power to the streamers...

R.I.P. Xbox multiplayer communities

:)

Exhausted Gamer, Sep 27, 2023
  2. Exhausted Gamer Win User

I appreciate your response, but I’ll wait for 15 more years for some major dev to either pass away or get fired to get a decent answer to why Xbox is a gutter tier console. I’m over their pathetic answers and attitude towards their gaming community. This experience has been the WORST I’ve ever had.
  3. SigmaTheDJ Win User

I agree. Sony clearly forces devs to add the option, while for whatever reason, MS don't, but being able to turn off crossplay on a per-game basis in a game's own settings is far better than having to turn it off globally, cos there may be some games where you want it on and others where you want it off.

As for the reasoning behind it, I couldn't say.
  4. jabolino Win User

Microsoft's push of forcing crossplay between PC and Xbox is ruining multiplayer gaming

Hi thanks for the reply

Unfortunately disabling crossplay in system options results in not being able to find any games during matchmaking, forced me to turn it back on in Warzone last year. So this isn't viable for anyone.

Since I got a PS5 after turning off crossplay in the game I haven't had these issues, there's always games to be found.

On top of this people on reddit are claiming doing this for Halo doesn't actually disable crossplay there's still PC gamers in lobbies.

The main concern is implementing the option in game. And to add insult to injury both Warzone and Battlefield have this option implemented in game but it's greyed out on the xbox version of the game. The option is there but we've been blocked from accessing it.

Crossplay should be optional if you happen to have friends who play on PC. Console players who have been asking for crossplay were asking for Xbox vs PS crossplay.
  5. OutlawSkot33 Win User

Mw2

Check your Crossplay settings with the console system settings.

If you have Crossplay disabled you can not play Ground War or Invasion.

Follow the link below and set "play with people outside the Xbox Network" to Allow and then restart the game.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/connect-network/multiplayer-cross-network-play

I change this back and forth when I want to get away from PC and jump into quick play with other Xbox only since the in game crossplay disable is a PS exclusive option currently.
  6. JAG2911 Win User

Forced crossplay for Warzone 2?

Why would Activision only force crossplay on Xbox players? This seems completely illogical so it definitely does feel like Xbox have to have some involvement here.

It’s ridiculous that we are forced to play with mouse and keyboard players. Even PC players with a controller have the frames advantage and also the ability to use hacks.

I do not know a single Xbox player who likes that fact that we are the only ones forced into crossplay and essentially become being cannon fodder for PC players lol
Thema:

1. Why does Xbox force Crossplay when it is optional on PS systems? - Similar Threads - Why does force

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  8. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  9. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  10. Why does my Series S force me to buy the game pass before playing Ubisoft games (trivial...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Series S force me to buy the game pass before playing Ubisoft games (trivial...: I have owned these Ubisoft games for at least a year and have played online with friends without any issues, but now when I launch them and go to start an online game it brings up the game pass...