Why does Xbox delete my game videos on my local storage without my consent?

Discus and support Why does Xbox delete my game videos on my local storage without my consent? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Oldest Xbox game clips on internal storage are auto deleted once the allotted storage is full. It appears the allotted internal storage for game clips... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Rick LeRoy, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Rick LeRoy
    Rick LeRoy Guest

Oldest Xbox game clips on internal storage are auto deleted once the allotted storage is full. It appears the allotted internal storage for game clips is 8GB out of 1TB for Series X. 4K clips for me last about two days. They are deleted with out warning. If your storage for game installations is full, it WARNS YOU, and you cannot download more games until YOU CHOOSE what to delete. I assumed game clips would be the same because it never told me otherwise. On PC using Bandicam for games, once the HDD is full, it says cannot record and that I need to free space, but it won't delete my files. For the last few months on Xbox my game clips I thought I've been saving have been auto deleting WITHOUT WARNING. I am so disappointed. XBOX Team, you need to warn that the game clip allotted storage is full. NEVER DELETE a persons files without their permission. Tell them first that this will happen. Give an option in the settings menus to turn off auto delete, or at least warn them there. The game clips I thought I was saving for the last few months are all gone forever. Those are unique clips of online game play skill, I'll never be able to relive those moments I thought I was saving. I'm so disappointed. That sinking feeling. I don't feel like playing for a long time now. Why have such a feature telling the user things are being saved when they are deleted in a day or two? Xbox has been deleting my files without my permission, without warning. Yes, I know about using external storage for game clips, that's what I've done for the last five years, but it was accidentally disconnected a few months ago, I assumed if such an event where capacity is compromised, it would warn me that clip storage is full, I never thought it would delete my files. On a Dash Cam, oldest files are always being deleted. If you push the save clip button or say "save this clip" those saved clips will not be deleted. Why isn't Xbox the same? Why does Xbox delete my files I've created? Why does Xbox delete my digital property without telling me? Why? If it told me, then I'd know to stop and make the appropriate storage arrangements.

:)

Rick LeRoy, Dec 29, 2022
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: