Why does use of Xbox Party Chat via Xbox Game bar mute all OTHER audio?

Discus and support Why does use of Xbox Party Chat via Xbox Game bar mute all OTHER audio? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I discovered this issue a few days ago, with no success in fixing it. Whenever I join a party with my friends through PC (Windows 10), the only audio... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Alexander Benua Kogan, Aug 10, 2023.

1. Why does use of Xbox Party Chat via Xbox Game bar mute all OTHER audio?

I discovered this issue a few days ago, with no success in fixing it.

Whenever I join a party with my friends through PC (Windows 10), the only audio left is their voices. I am usually playing games while talking so it is very offputting when the game is just silent. I've dug through settings to change the default audio output, I've troubleshooted my headphones (Wireless) and even gone through game settings as a last resort, but to no avail. I can't find anyone else who has had this issue before, so I'm asking myself. Anyone know what could be happening or any fixes?

:)

Alexander Benua Kogan, Aug 10, 2023
  2. Alexander Benua Koga Win User

Thank you, but that is not what I asked. My problem is ONLY hearing the Party chat. When joining a party, all OTHER audio is suddenly lost. The second I Leave, it returns.

EDIT:

I've just discovered that the issue is only a problem when in a party with others. When in a party alone, I can hear everything fine but my microphone detects no input.
  3. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Hello Alexander B,

I'm Nilay and I'll be glad to answer your query today.

You may fail to hear the Xbox Game Bar party chat if the Game Bar is outputting audio to a different device than your headset. In this context, setting the headset as the output device in the Game Bar settings may solve the problem.

Please visit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...rty-chat/8bbfa68d-b677-458d-97ab-3b8422f241ac this thread and follow suggested steps there. Hope there will be a fix.

Good Luck
    Regards
  4. MikeHEATUP Win User

double audio when streaming through xbox companion app on pc

the double audio im hearing is coming from the companion app on my pc that im using to stream from my xbox. its not from streamlabs. im getting the audio from my xbox and my pc via the companion app. but im using the companion app to use party chat to
    talk. so i cannot mute it because it then mutes the party chat audio and im not able to hear my party.
  5. KillaRh1no Win User

Volume

have you tried starting a party and go into that party and checking your audio settings. i reckon you have scrolled all your game volume to mute and party chat 100 percent on the volume bar
  6. ​Jamie​ Win User

Twitch Streaming

When you stream through Xbox there is a setting in the twitch app to include party chat. But the party members have to allow their audio to be used. If you have “Party Chat” muted on the broadcast screen (it's in between “Microphone” and “Game”), or won't have the option to include audio.
Thema:

1. Why does use of Xbox Party Chat via Xbox Game bar mute all OTHER audio? - Similar Threads - Why does Party

2. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...: Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try joining the party again a while later.” It’s really annoying as I was playing with my mates, then the Xbox...
  5. Why does it say my account cannot access parties on xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say my account cannot access parties on xbox?: Exactly what the title says, I checked all my privacy and online safety settings and everything is set to open, I do not have any ban or suspensions currently. 979bf13d-512d-49eb-ae51-fcc3ca1f9b54
  6. Why does rainbow six seige kick me out of the entire game when i am partied up with friends...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does rainbow six seige kick me out of the entire game when i am partied up with friends...: Every match that we start lets me pick my operator for round 1 and then kicks me out of the game. I then have to start up the game and reconnect to the game is was just in and then i can play the...
  7. Why does it Kick me from my XboX live party, when I make a Looking For Group (LFG) post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it Kick me from my XboX live party, when I make a Looking For Group (LFG) post?: So for the past 2-3 days, whenever I post a looking for group post in a party, as soon as I go back into the menu using the hone button, the party tab just says "party encountered an error" and I...
  8. Why does it say party chat is blocked when I try to join a party

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say party chat is blocked when I try to join a party: I was just in a party at 5am and now it says party chat is blocked 1cde700d-56af-40d8-8c86-1bea77ff808d
  9. Why does my game audio sound bad when in a party?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game audio sound bad when in a party?: Every time I join a Xbox party on my pc it makes my game audio sound distorted and choppy. I first ran into this problem on Fortnite, when I joined my friends Xbox party it completely switched up...
  10. Why does Microsoft Allow 3rd party companies to sell crappy controllers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft Allow 3rd party companies to sell crappy controllers?: As much as I have been behind Microsoft. I think they are doing the gaming community an injustice by allowing their patent to be used by 3rd part companies that create controllers made to last...