Why does this happen when trying to stream on twitch from xbox?

Discus and support Why does this happen when trying to stream on twitch from xbox? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; every time I click the “start your stream” button it prompts me to “Link your Twitch Account” and that I have to scan the QR code, pretty normal right?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Bryson Loudermilk, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Why does this happen when trying to stream on twitch from xbox?

every time I click the “start your stream” button it prompts me to “Link your Twitch Account” and that I have to scan the QR code, pretty normal right?

well no, the problem is I already have my twitch linked to my account, whenever I scan the QR code and hit activate device, a new QR code appears on my Xbox on screen prompting me to “Link your Twitch account” AGAIN and every time I do, it gives me another QR code over and over again, please help?

:)

Bryson Loudermilk, Dec 18, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hello Bryson,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

The issue you're experiencing may be due to an issue with your Twitch account settings or your Xbox console. Linking your Twitch account to your Xbox account may not have been successful or may have been undone.

There are some steps you can follow to solve it.

Check that your Twitch account is linked to your Xbox account. To do this, go to your Twitch account settings page and look for the "Devices" section. If your Twitch account is linked to your Xbox account, you'll see the name of your Xbox console listed.

Link your Twitch account to your Xbox account from the Twitch mobile app. To do this, open the Twitch mobile app

Source: https://news.xbox.com/2022/02/23/transmision-en-vivo-en-xbox-con-twitch/

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina
  3. Bryson Loudermilk Win User

Hey Adam! Somebody else on another post replied with the same thing and I tried this and it didn’t work, so I tried again and it still didn’t work, it still prompted me with a new QR code after scanning the QR code, I don’t know why this happens and other people have stated that this hasn’t helped on the other post
  4. Adam Sheetz Win User

Hi Bryson L, my name is Adam.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble linking your Twitch account to your Xbox. Here are the steps to do that:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

4. Press and hold the Xbox power button for 10 seconds until it turns off.

5. Unplug the power supply for 30 seconds.

6. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

7. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

8. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.

9. Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.

This should refresh your account data and allow you to link your Twitch account to your Xbox without any issues.

I hope this helps.
    Adam.
  5. BioMercenaryG Win User

xbox one x streaming issue

Twitch itself has a limiter on it, no reason to stream at 1080p Down it to 60fps and like 720p, it looks no different on stream, what's happening is youre overloading the stream for twitch so twitch is trying to keep up with it, try limiting it to like 3000kbps and see if you can downscale to 720P
  6. Listed mia 510 Win User

XB1 Home screen backgrond

Lol nice try Burnin, as I'm not talking about a better way to view on twitch.

When it comes down to it the xbox one twitch app is just poor, as the xbox records and streams from an obviously incompatible capture device giving us settings to control CBR, Key Frame Intervals and many other things that will take too much effort to explain
    here Would be crucial.

The funniest part of streaming on twitch from your console as is without spending money on a capture device and buying or downloading free to use third party streaming apps is that 95% of the streams are incompatible to view on Mobile devices or even better
    cannot be viewed on other consoles.

So if my xbox has a capture device why should I have to buy another just too ensure people can actually view my stream??

Why should I have to purchase or download a free to use application just to further adjust my stream settings too ensure my stream can be viewed.

Where are the options to do this directly from console??

So my point is if there is an exclusive partnership why does the competitor have some of the options I speak of?

Why does their app work 50% more efficiently?

Why are their more options on their App.

MS is a joke and I am sry to myself it took me this long too realize. We are being blind sided so wake up.
Thema:

1. Why does this happen when trying to stream on twitch from xbox? - Similar Threads - Why does happen

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does this keep happening to my ASUS gaming A15?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does this keep happening to my ASUS gaming A15?: The laptop screen is always extremely dimmed whenever I turn on my ASUS Gaming A15. No matter what I do the screen always remains very dark. But when I reboot the laptop a few times by holding the...
  6. Why does Microsoft keep this hacking **** happening?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft keep this hacking **** happening?: Microsoft, Make a better support system for recovering our accounts. This is not a suggestion, this is a warning. I've had my account taken twice from two different emails and I'm sick and tired...
  7. Why does this happen every time I play a game. You have 10 minutes before being signed out...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does this happen every time I play a game. You have 10 minutes before being signed out...: I keep getting signed out of my Xbox live account every time I play a game. You have 10 minutes before being signed out of your account. Then it signs me out ? Why?...
  8. Why does this happen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does this happen?: When i Install GTA5 (Xbox one) It installs until it hits 50.5% and recuses to install further (Sometimes it installs very slowly which is extremely rare) Is there a way to fix?...
  9. Why does it happen when I factory resetted my Xbox one and it slis stuck at 50%

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it happen when I factory resetted my Xbox one and it slis stuck at 50%: So I factory restarted my Xbox one and it stays at 50% and is says for a few hours 2d9eb9c8-e29a-4b3b-a72b-2fe4752baa7f
  10. Why does the freeze sometimes it happen to twice???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the freeze sometimes it happen to twice???: Why does the freeze sometimes it happen to twice??? c6834f3a-a14e-4b63-a693-aed53f4cb1e4