Why does the XboxOne virtual keyboard censor numbers and words that make no sense to censor?

Discus and support Why does the XboxOne virtual keyboard censor numbers and words that make no sense to censor? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The virtual keyboard is clearing the text every time I type various numbers like 10 and a bunch of others I can't remember off the top of my head. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sukottos, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Sukottos
    Sukottos Guest

Why does the XboxOne virtual keyboard censor numbers and words that make no sense to censor?

The virtual keyboard is clearing the text every time I type various numbers like 10 and a bunch of others I can't remember off the top of my head.

It also censors words like raw and feces neither make any sense to be censored.

The raw thing only recently started getting censored as of a week ago or so after an update.

There's no reason for these being censored especially numbers so what's the deal?

What's going on? Why are they censored?

By censored I mean you type them in but when you submit the text either by pressing the started or menu button on the controller or the enter key on the virtual keyboard it auto deletes the message leaving an empty dialog box.

This is especially noticeable when playing ark survival evolved when using single player commands such as coloring a dino (this is the main reason I noticed the numbers being censored)

And when sorting inventory to separate all the raw meat you have collected from harvesting dinos from the rest of your inventory

Or trying to filter feces from The rest of your inventory to put in you dung beetles.

I've had to type aw instead of raw to avoid this censorship but then I get items like claws still showing up in addition to the raw meat.

As for the numbers I've had to use 10.0 instead of 10 same with all other numbers that are being censored for no reason.

It's the virtual keyboard on the XboxOne doing this not the game.

Using a regular keyboard on PC using the xbox app to play my XboxONE games on pc these unreasonable censoring issues are not happening its specifically using the XboxOne virtual keyboard.

If this is some kind of bug I'd like to know if it's being worked on.

If it's intentional I'd like to know why?

:)

Sukottos, Mar 3, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Sukottos!

Sorry to hear about your experience. Since this is a forum, we do not much really know every details about the updates of features in Xbox especially with those automated features that can’t be seen. It’s possible though that it’s a bug. The best option we can do is to report it directly to the Xbox team so they can fix or patch it on their next update. You can report that via Report a problem app on Xbox. You may check your guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

For our workaround, you may simply power cycle your console to clear the system cache and possibly fix the issue. Press and hold Xbox's power button for 10 sec. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again. You could also perform a factory reset to refresh your system but this cannot guarantee to fix the issue of censorship on the virtual keyboard. There’s an option to keep your games and apps for that one.
  3. Poofius Win User

Censored word on Xbox. Help maybe?

Its not Bungie that's responsible for that. MS controls what words are censored and some of them make zero sense, like wolverine. I was making a sign in Minecraft and I think it was the word "beware" that got censored, might have been something equally non-offensive.
  4. VanBur3n Win User

Could this Censorship thing effect online gaming?

[quote user="SpeedyBlueDude"]

Why was that mod edited? The websites censors already censored out the swear word... :/

-

What would happen to YouTube? YouTube is [MOD EDIT] protected by the bill. I'm sick of everyone jumping to conclusion without reading the Damn bill. YouTube is protected, it won't go down.

[/quote]

It's a swear word, of course it's going to be censored out. Anyways, I doubt this censor thing will pass in the first place. If it does, then well, I am not sure what would happen to video games.
  5. bowski477 Win User

censored words

Twitter support is the best because they can respond in real time. There is a support section on the forums just for future reference. This one is usually just discussion.
  6. Dylanthalus Win User

censored words

Okay, so since it's been a few days and no one from MS wants to respond to my inquiry, I'll open a formal support ticket I guess since I feel my game experience is being limited by this censor. When it takes ten minutes to write one sentence (that contains
    absolutely no offensive content), there's a serious problem with the censor that needs to be fixed.

Please speak up and tell Microsoft that the censor (which I support) should be reasonable and censor only words that matter, not completely random English words that are by no means offensive or inappropriate on their own. I've been a happy gamer for years
    but have never ran into such problems trying to add descriptions for posted work before. Come on Microsoft, recognize and fix this problem.
Thema:

1. Why does the XboxOne virtual keyboard censor numbers and words that make no sense to censor? - Similar Threads - Why does XboxOne

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  8. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  9. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  10. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...