Why does the XBox One interface suck so much when compared to XBox 360??

Discus and support Why does the XBox One interface suck so much when compared to XBox 360?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just got an XBox One on Sunday. All along I was lead to believe that it was far better to the 360 in every way. So why is the GUI so awful for this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Quiddity 67, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Quiddity 67
    Quiddity 67 Guest

I just got an XBox One on Sunday. All along I was lead to believe that it was far better to the 360 in every way. So why is the GUI so awful for this machine?? Just turning off the console requires navigation through multiple options. I can't find a Download
    History, there is clearly no easy way to delete games or apps. Everything about the interface is clunky, confusing, and comes across as a complete step backwards from the very easy to use 360 screens. Am I just an idiot or do others feel like Microsoft really
    dropped the ball here?

:)

Quiddity 67, Jun 2, 2016
  2. DAZ UK 74
    DAZ UK 74 Guest
    Train Sim World, Train Simulator 17?

I wonder why the HUD lowers the framerate by so much?

DAZ UK 74, Jun 2, 2016
  3. vgdelta
    vgdelta Guest
    Im drinking my own tears right now please help guys

This is the only reason I'm waiting to get a Xbox One. There has to be a technical problem with the One causing the slow downloading/installing and stalled downloads. Maybe it has something to do with the three operating system user interface on the One? Also waiting for the system to be redesigned so it isn't so large.

vgdelta, Jun 2, 2016
  4. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

Hi Quiddity 67,

Sorry you don't like the UI for the Xbox One. If you have suggestions for improvements I would suggest going to
    this link and submitting changes you would like.

To answer your questions:

Q. I can't find a Download History

A. You can go to https://account.microsoft.com to review your purchase history. Also, if you go to your Games and Apps section towards the bottom of the home screen, then scroll all the way to the
    right (next to games or apps), you will see uninstalled purchased items.

Q. there is clearly no easy way to delete games or apps

A. To uninstall a game or app, go to the game or app tile in the "Games and Apps" section towards the bottom of the home screen. Press Menu, Select Manage, and Select Uninstall.

I would also recommend that you check out . Lots of useful tips and info.

Hordie, Jun 2, 2016
  5. Quiddity 67
    Quiddity 67 Guest
    I'm already aware of the solutions that you provided. My problem is that the overall interface is just so bad. In this day and age of easy to use apps on tablets and phones, it seems like you deliberately made the interface as contrary to this as possible.
    But then, in addition to my Android tablet, I have a second one with an MS operating system and it is also not as clean or easy to use as the Galaxy or my iPod Touch. You really need to get it together or you're going to be left far behind.

Quiddity 67, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Quiddity 67 Win User

I'm already aware of the solutions that you provided. My problem is that the overall interface is just so bad. In this day and age of easy to use apps on tablets and phones, it seems like you deliberately made the interface as contrary to this as possible.
    But then, in addition to my Android tablet, I have a second one with an MS operating system and it is also not as clean or easy to use as the Galaxy or my iPod Touch. You really need to get it together or you're going to be left far behind.
  7. Hordie Win User

Hi Quiddity 67,

Sorry you don't like the UI for the Xbox One. If you have suggestions for improvements I would suggest going to
    this link and submitting changes you would like.

To answer your questions:

Q. I can't find a Download History

A. You can go to https://account.microsoft.com to review your purchase history. Also, if you go to your Games and Apps section towards the bottom of the home screen, then scroll all the way to the
    right (next to games or apps), you will see uninstalled purchased items.

Q. there is clearly no easy way to delete games or apps

A. To uninstall a game or app, go to the game or app tile in the "Games and Apps" section towards the bottom of the home screen. Press Menu, Select Manage, and Select Uninstall.

I would also recommend that you check out https://youtu.be/V2PdHHsuc0w?list=PLA9n4SVxy6ZXaCPb2_P-f_CjnjpT2J4Dx. Lots of useful tips and info.
  8. Gregory G. Win User

New Xbox One Experience is such an improvement, except...!

This dashboard is SO much better in pretty much every single way. I have a "Day One" console I have barely used because I hate it so much I refuse to give it my time. It is so unbelievably slow and clunky compared to the 360.

In my opinion, when Microsoft unlocked 2Tb external drive capability for the 360, they fixed everything. The 360 has the capacity to compete with Blu-ray Disc based games and beyond, it's only real weakness. I love my 360s, but I will finally give the
    One a try with this new interface. We'll see how it goes..
  9. ThanatosXRS Win User

Will Xbox Scarlett be a 100% Cloud Gaming Console?

Imo xbox one os is awful from a programing standpoint, the home, cashe issues and the network stack still uses too much bandwith.

The 360 ran smooth even with bad connections.

MICROSOFT has declined when it comes to software quality.

Compared windows phone 7,xbox 360 to their newer products, software wise they ran great.

Hell even this fourm or w/e they call this sucks.
  10. NxtDoc1851 Win User

360 > One

Does it Vaynel? Put into perspective then. It was almost 2 years into the Xbox 360's life cycle to introduce HDMI support.

They are both awesome in their own rights. With that said, we have to look at each console in their own time lines.

I do believe there are a few things the Xbox 360 does that are more convenient no doubt. My biggest complaint is starting a party on Xbox One. It is so much slower compared to Xbox 360.
Thema:

1. Why does the XBox One interface suck so much when compared to XBox 360?? - Similar Threads - Why does interface

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  6. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  7. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  8. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  9. Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?: I usually play games with Spotify or Soundcloud music playing in the background. Lately, I've decided to try streaming, first testing in my own server to see if it works. I realized if I listen...
  10. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...