Why does the Xbox Insider Hub ask me to be 18+?

Discus and support Why does the Xbox Insider Hub ask me to be 18+? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Happy New Years, everyone! I wish you a great 2024. I was chilling out a few days ago when I found a Minecraft Bedrock Edition seed that is just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MissingPro, Jan 2, 2024.

1. MissingPro
    MissingPro Guest

Happy New Years, everyone! I wish you a great 2024.

I was chilling out a few days ago when I found a Minecraft Bedrock Edition seed that is just crazy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31RwlN2-mhE - so I used a 3rd party Minecraft Bedrock Edition launcher that allowed me to play older versions of Bedrock Edition (note: because the seed only works on versions 1.18.32, 1.18.33, 1.19.0.32, 1.19.0.33, 1.19.0.34 and 1.19.0.35), and since I wanted to generate that mangrove swamp I'd have to generate it in 1.19.0.35. However, when launching that version up, the launcher gave me an error. Since it's not a Microsoft program, you don't really need to know the error details. Though I remember that somebody said that to launch older preview versions you'd have to join the Xbox Insider Hub. And since 1.19.0.35 is a Preview version of Bedrock Edition, I downloaded the Xbox Insider Hub - and then noticed in the description on the Microsoft store that I have to be 18 or above...

Why does the Xbox Insider Hub ask me to be 18+? [​IMG]

My question is: why? Is it like they're gonna give you a free version of Halo Infinite (not the multiplayer version) or are you gonna actually have to own a copy of that game to beta test it? Now, I'll be real here: I don't want to put hate on Microsoft. There's definitely a reason behind this requirement. But I'm here, asking this question, so that I can know that reason.

Thanks,

, a guy doing random fun stuff on the Internet

:)

MissingPro, Jan 2, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

i'm sorry but I don't have any information on the specific functioning of the app
  3. MissingPro Win User

Okay, I get it. But before I was making the post, I saw someone else's post with the same question (that thread is now locked, unfortunately). It says that the user is over 18 years old yet they cannot access the Xbox Insider Hub because it says that they're "under 18". A reply said that the Xbox Insider Hub checks the age you originally created your account at and not the age you're currently at.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

You are signing an NDA agreement among other things, you can't do that unless you're a legal adult
  5. MissingPro Win User

No you are agreeing to use a INSIDERS HUB for the purpose of testing beta software and games before release

And accept it isn't a complete game or software at the time of testing of course when it goes gold insider consoles updates will.get full release till the next update

You really havent read what the insider program.is?
    Yes, I did read what the Xbox Insider Hub is. Windows Insider is out of the question right now.
  6. ngocphi Win User

No you are agreeing to use a INSIDERS HUB for the purpose of testing beta software and games before release

And accept it isn't a complete game or software at the time of testing of course when it goes gold insider consoles updates will.get full release till the next update

You really havent read what the insider program.is?
Thema:

1. Why does the Xbox Insider Hub ask me to be 18+? - Similar Threads - Why does Insider

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  8. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  9. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  10. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...