Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

Discus and support Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by domjoe33, Mar 9, 2024.

1. domjoe33
    domjoe33 Guest

Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the same issue. The right bumper just stopped recognizing any inputs regardless of how many times I pressed it.

I called customer service the first time it happened back in 2021 and even though I was past the warranty period they offered to replace it for free due to a "grace period," because a lot of people were having the same issue. Now in 2024, I had the same issue with a different elite 2 controller. This time, I was outside the warranty period again, however I was informed the grace period is no longer a thing. I was told I could send it into Microsoft for the repair or go to a local repair store to fix it. Either way I would have to pay to repair the controller.

I told the representative I had no issue with paying for a repair, but only if it would truly fix the issue so that I would not run into this problem again in 2 years. For two almost $200 controllers to fail due to the exact same reason either indicates a design flaw with the controller or a faulty component. I have never had controllers from any other manufacturer (Nintendo, Sega, or Sony) regularly fail on me like this. I've never had any issues with Xbox products up until this controller.

Both people I spoke to told me that they "understood my frustrations" and that they were "gamers" themselves, but they did not really offer me solutions that gave me confidence that they know what the issue is and that it will actually being fixed. At the end of the 30 minute phone call I was told I would be emailed the details of the cost of the repair if I choose to send it in to Microsoft.

I received an email about 15 minutes later saying it would cost $79 to repair my left bumper. Despite me telling both representatives over a dozen times it was the right bumper and hearing them repeat back to me that it was the right bumper the service ticket they created for me was incorrectly filled out. I called them back to point out after all that they incorrectly filled out my service ticket and was told I could reply to the email that was sent to me. I did that yesterday, I asked for a reply but have not heard anything yet.

Customer service seemed to care more about sticking to a script of talking points than actually addressing the issue. Customer service should focus less on empathy and more on competency. Customers with problems want them to be solved. They do not care that you understand why they are frustrated or that you share the same hobby as them. I have controllers from the 1990's that still work perfectly. Why is it that Microsoft's most expensive controller, the ironically named "Elite 2" controller given the quality control issues a simple Google search reveals, is the most defective one and what is the actual solution other than paying to repair the same issues every two years like some sort of subscription service?

:)

domjoe33, Mar 9, 2024
  2. Loacker Christoph Win User

Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?

lmgtfy:

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-fix-xbox-elite-series-2-bumper/
    "The notorious Xbox Elite controller bumpers can and do fail..."

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/15...-controller-series-2-hardware-issues-warranty

"...The Verge has received reports of the face buttons getting stuck, or the Elite 2 not registering button presses."

here we go

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/elite-series-2-bumper-repair/387f68c4-16f7-432a-9518-1c1ae04d3a3f

I
    tried to fill out repair order, but, as mentioned above, those are the only options i got.

Bumper IS a known issue, as you can see.

Btw., it doenst matter what caused 2 years warranty, it is in place and i'm in the right to use it.
  3. TheGoodFella16 Win User

Gears of war 4 is coming, and now.. So am I.

i've had 2 - horrible, Right bumper and left bumper went off. Now they have no more replacements for GoW4 LE Elite Controllers. Absolutely horrible that such a pricey product is made with such low quality.
  4. HALFPINTKID Win User

Elite controller series 2 warranty

If I send in my Xbox elite 2 to Microsoft can they fix the right bumper problem. I have already sent one Xbox elite 2 in and had the right bumper fixed and it lasted 2 weeks before having the same problem.
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

Elite Controller Bumpers

Yeah the Elite Series 2 was basically improved from feedback of users of the Elite Series 1

Many problems were fixed including the bumpers and the grip that also came loose after some time

Hope to get an Elite Controller one day :)
  6. Tucker D Dawg Win User

elite series 2 controller

Used elite first gen for years and just got good at replacing broken bumpers. I had high hopes for the elite 2 but sadly my elite 2 right bumper clicks but doesnt register input most of the time after only 2 months.

submitted warranty claim, and will have them replace it - but even though i prefer the feel of the sticks and triggers on the msft controller, i am switching to razor wolverine.

not matter how good it feels if a contoller doesnt control, its worthless.
Thema:

1. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers? - Similar Threads - Why does right

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does my right number not work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my right number not work?: I have an Xbox Series Elite 2 controller, and my right bumper barely works. It makes the clicking noise and it works sometimes but 90% of the time it doesn’t. I’m not sure if something is...
  7. Why does my cursor keep teleporting after i right click in roblox microsoft version

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my cursor keep teleporting after i right click in roblox microsoft version: right after installing microsoft roblox every time i right click my cursor keep ending up on a whole diffrent place, everytime i right click to change my pov it keep teleporting the cursor into...
  8. Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...: Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try joining the party again a while later.” It’s really annoying as I was playing with my mates, then the Xbox...
  9. Why does it say I didn’t buy mine craft when I did (and yes I’m on the right account)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I didn’t buy mine craft when I did (and yes I’m on the right account): I have already purchased Minecraft. I am absolutely peeved because when I went to sign back into the account I bought the game on it was making me buy the game all over again...
  10. Why does it say check back in a little bit we're having trouble getting your stuff right now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say check back in a little bit we're having trouble getting your stuff right now: Why does it say check back in a little bit we're having trouble getting your stuff right now Under manage 90a66804-4e5e-48cf-a77e-8f470cf4f761