Why does pressing the Xbox home button switch TV input?

Discus and support Why does pressing the Xbox home button switch TV input? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I am having issues with my Xbox Series X and it switching from the HDMI 4 input to HDMI 3 input whenever I press the Xbox home button. I have the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nickool4U, Jan 30, 2024.

1. Nickool4U
    Nickool4U Guest

So I am having issues with my Xbox Series X and it switching from the HDMI 4 input to HDMI 3 input whenever I press the Xbox home button.

I have the Sony A95K, which is connected to a Denon X2600H Receiver in the HDMI 3 input for eARC support, and almost everything is connected to my receiver. My Apple TV 4K, Panasonic UB820 Player, PS5 and Switch. I recently decided to hook my Xbox up directly to my TV since I only game through my headset, and I don’t ever take advantage of my surround sound system. So I’d rather have 4K 120hz VRR with the other HDMI 2.1 input.

Anyways, everything was going great… until today. My friends and I were playing Dead by Daylight and I did an awesome job looping a killer, so I wanted to record that clip. The moment I clicked the Xbox home button to bring up the menu, it switches my TV input from HDMI 4 to HDMI 3. I have no idea what’s causing this to happen. It’s never happened before. Does anyone know what’s going on with it, or have faced a similar issue. It’s getting really annoying, because even trying to turn off the Xbox takes me to the HDMI 3 input.

:)

Nickool4U, Jan 30, 2024
  2. BIZZnice Win User

Question: Will any HDMI cable work for the Xbox One?

It is really weird because when I say "xbox on" the cable box and xbox and kinect power up but the TV and soundbar don't. I switched the setting in the power menu so that TV toggles just to see if that had anything to do with it. I decided to power it
    off by pressing the power button on my xbox which then toggles the tv and soundbar off. So at this point it seems to be sporadically working only when I press the xbox power button, my voice commands can work with the xbox but the power on/off isn't translating
    to the tv and soundbar.

It really doesn't make any sense to me why this is happening, the only thing different in this whole equation is the HDMI and potentially the input source because I can't figure out which input I used to have it on
  3. Majikthise Win User

HD Audio Adapter

I should work OK, but with both plugged in the HDMI auto switch over sometimes doesn't work. Try pressing the AV button on your TV until it shows the correct input for xbox. (Xbox will probably re-boot)
  4. Nemie-D0BC59DF-DBA0- Win User

Newbie question: Switching back to television mode

Most hdtv's out there are going to have a source or input button on the tv and remote to allow you to switch between the different components you have things plugged into on the tv. Just shutting off the Xbox or tv doesn't take you ff of that component.
    Yes, unplugging the tv will switch it back, but using that input/source button on the tv or remote makes it much easier.
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Delay from controller to tv,

Hi, does the remote for your tv have a button marked input on it? Keep pressing that until you see game mode pop up.
  6. DaBigAntleader Win User

HDMI problems

I agree with what everyone else has said. However, before you try a new HDMI cable, make sure you are on the right HDMI input.

Most TVs now have several HDMI ports on the TV. Sometimes a button can be accidentally pressed on a remote switching it from the XBOX one input to a blank one where nothing is plugged in.

If you cycle through the inputs, then try using the HDMI cable with another device like a laptop. This will tell you whether it’s the XBOX or the HDMI cord.
Thema:

1. Why does pressing the Xbox home button switch TV input? - Similar Threads - Why does pressing

2. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  3. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  4. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  5. Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?: Whenever I’m on a game such as Warzone and press the middle button, when I then come out of the Xbox menu, it goes black for about 3-4 seconds. It’s seriously annoying and I feel like I’ve tried...
  6. Why does my Xbox freeze in one spot and not let me open the menu if I press the menu button...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox freeze in one spot and not let me open the menu if I press the menu button...: Why does my Xbox freeze in one spot and not let me open the menu if I press the menu button my screen just darkens a little and it also freezes a lot Also I forgot to say when I turn it of it’s...
  7. Why does forge keep crashing when I press play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does forge keep crashing when I press play: My friend has an AMD Radeon(TX) RX Vega 10 Graphics Card and as soon as she presses play minecraft crashes and gives her exit code 1. She has 8GB of memory on her laptop. What should she do? When...
  8. Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?: Yesterday I played some Halo Infinite Matches and noticed that my controller turned itself off. First I thought it was the battery so i charged it and today I recognized the issue occurs when I...
  9. Why does the 'press y' method of reporting cheats not work on call of duty any more?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the 'press y' method of reporting cheats not work on call of duty any more?: the usual method of reporting cheaters by pressing the Y button does not work anymore anyone know why? 6adafd4c-2649-49b1-b511-d62b505b4404
  10. Why does my Xbox double press every button that I press?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox double press every button that I press?: Every controller I use send a double input for one press of a button. I used the same controllers on other Xbox’s and they don’t double press. 03489741-b370-4786-a85a-70974bb490b2