Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?

Discus and support Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yesterday I played some Halo Infinite Matches and noticed that my controller turned itself off. First I thought it was the battery so i charged it and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BMK123, Nov 16, 2023.

1. BMK123
    BMK123 Guest

Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?

Yesterday I played some Halo Infinite Matches and noticed that my controller turned itself off. First I thought it was the battery so i charged it and today I recognized the issue occurs when I press the right Stick to the top left. It happens in every test afterwards and had nothing to do with any console or PC connection.

Then I did a litte research and found out there are many other with the same problem since over 2 years (!)!!!

For example:

Elite Series 2 controller shuts off. - Microsoft Community

Elite v2 controller turns off when pushing down on R3 : XboxSupport (reddit.com)

Xbox Elite Series 2 Controllers disconnects when R Analog is hardly - Microsoft Community

Elite Series 2 Controller shuts off when I use the joysticks. : xbox (reddit.com)

My xbox elite series 2 controller shuts down and my right joy stick - Microsoft Community

Why is this still a problem after two years? My Elite is just a few weeks old and now I have to call the support again. This is so annoying and an absolute no-go for a controller this price!!!

Edit; There are almost 300 people in the Microsoft-Threads which pressed "I have the same question" so this a real issue!

:)

BMK123, Nov 16, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

3. BMK123 Win User

I'm so tired of these standard phrases!

Have you read any of my entry?

It's definitely a hardware problem that can't be fixed with a wipe or a reset!!! The controller switches itself off and can only be activated again after 10s. Don't you think that the reset and reconnection has already been done?

This is clearly a design flaw that has existed since release and occurs in many controllers. If you don't have any useful contributions to offer, then it's best not to respond at all!

Of course I sent the controller in today because I can't fix this defect. I'm so disappointed with Microsoft support. With such an expensive premium product, I also expect premium service.

The minimum would be for you to receive a new controller immediately and send the other one back with an enclosed return label or for UPS to take the old one with you. But no, instead I have to go without this overly expensive controller for at least a week for the second time, make unnecessary trips to the post office and don't get adequate compensation just because Microsoft doesn't improve its products.

I bought an expensive product and Microsoft is stealing my time and my nerves and I can't use the product as intended! That really upsets me!
  4. BMK123 Win User

When I press the Guide Button on my Xbox One S or PC their is no "report a problem" button.

I made a video of the error, but unfortunately you can't embed videos in the answers here. I sent the controller in yesterday and we'll see if the new one has the same problem or if just some controllers have this design flaw. It's really great that I won't have an Elite Controller for days again. *sarcasm off*.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello BMK123,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your controller. Based on your description, it sounds like your controller might have some drift or calibration problems. This can happen due to wear and tear, dust, or accidental drops.

There are some possible solutions that you can try to fix this issue:

- Update your controller firmware. To do this, go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories and select the controller you want to update. Then, select Device info > Firmware version > Update now.

- Reset your controller. To do this, press and hold the Xbox button on your controller for 10 seconds until it turns off. Then, turn it back on and reconnect it to your console.

- Recalibrate your controller. To do this, go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories and select the controller you want to recalibrate. Then, select Configure > Test input and follow the instructions on the screen.

- Clean your controller. To do this, use a soft cloth or a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol to gently wipe the thumbsticks and the buttons. Make sure the controller is turned off and unplugged before cleaning it.

- Replace your controller. If none of the above solutions work, you might need to get a new controller or send your current one for repair.

You can check your warranty status and request a service order on Request an Xbox controller replacement | Xbox Support

Please see: Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

I hope this helps you resolve your issue. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Have a great day!
  6. CarTzy Win User

Hello BMK123

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us and for carefully documenting the steps you took to address the issue and the outcomes. Our development team has to look into this matter more, in my opinion. Please report your case to Xbox Feedback so that we can work with you to remedy this problem. You can provide the Xbox development team with feedback and suggestions through the Xbox Feedback portal. By submitting your case to Xbox Feedback, you'll contribute in our ability to rapidly investigate and resolve the issue.

1. Press and hold the Xbox button , and then select Report a problem to launch the Report a Problem app.
    2. Select Report new problem.
    3. If you’re experiencing an audio or video issue, you can provide additional info and diagnostics to your problem report by selecting Reproduce with advanced diagnostics. Otherwise select Continue with standard diagnostics.

Note If you select Reproduce with advanced diagnostics, continue with the instructions that are found in the section, “Report a problem with media tracing.”
    4. Choose the most appropriate category and subcategory from each dropdown. If you’re not sure what to choose, make your best guess.
    5. If you have a screenshot or game clip with your issue, ensure that Include screenshot or Include game clip is selected.
    6. You may be prompted to complete your report another way:
      • If you select Use another device, you can use your mobile device to scan the provided QR code and continue from your device. This is helpful if your problem report has a lot of details that typing with the virtual keyboard on console may prove difficult.
      • If you select Continue on console, you can continue through the steps in this section to submit your issue from your Xbox console. You can use a USB keyboard, the Xbox Chatpad, or the Xbox app on your mobile or Windows device to submit the details of your report.

Note If you’re using a virtual assistant such as Cortana or Alexa, bring up the keyboard for each text field, and then press the View button to use voice-to-text.
    7. Enter a short title for your issue.
    8. Enter a description of your issue. Consider the following questions when deciding what details to include:
      • What is the problem or unexpected behavior?
      • What steps did you take to encounter the problem?
      • What additional software, hardware, or accessories were you using when you encountered the problem?
      • Were there any specific error codes or messages you saw when you encountered the problem or behavior? If so, what did it say?
    9. Select Submit. It can take several seconds for your problem report to send.

Please see: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support
Thema:

1. Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller? - Similar Threads - Why does pressing

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?: Whenever I’m on a game such as Warzone and press the middle button, when I then come out of the Xbox menu, it goes black for about 3-4 seconds. It’s seriously annoying and I feel like I’ve tried...
  6. Why does pressing the Xbox home button switch TV input?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing the Xbox home button switch TV input?: So I am having issues with my Xbox Series X and it switching from the HDMI 4 input to HDMI 3 input whenever I press the Xbox home button. I have the Sony A95K, which is connected to a Denon...
  7. Why does my Xbox freeze in one spot and not let me open the menu if I press the menu button...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox freeze in one spot and not let me open the menu if I press the menu button...: Why does my Xbox freeze in one spot and not let me open the menu if I press the menu button my screen just darkens a little and it also freezes a lot Also I forgot to say when I turn it of it’s...
  8. Why does forge keep crashing when I press play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does forge keep crashing when I press play: My friend has an AMD Radeon(TX) RX Vega 10 Graphics Card and as soon as she presses play minecraft crashes and gives her exit code 1. She has 8GB of memory on her laptop. What should she do? When...
  9. Why does the 'press y' method of reporting cheats not work on call of duty any more?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the 'press y' method of reporting cheats not work on call of duty any more?: the usual method of reporting cheaters by pressing the Y button does not work anymore anyone know why? 6adafd4c-2649-49b1-b511-d62b505b4404
  10. Why does my Xbox double press every button that I press?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox double press every button that I press?: Every controller I use send a double input for one press of a button. I used the same controllers on other Xbox’s and they don’t double press. 03489741-b370-4786-a85a-70974bb490b2