Why does my Xbox X only have WiFi download speed of around 230mbps when I have 400mbps wifi?

Discus and support Why does my Xbox X only have WiFi download speed of around 230mbps when I have 400mbps wifi? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've checked my WiFi multiple times and the lowest I get is 400mbps download and 66 upload speeds. When I try to download games on my Xbox the max... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Owen 2012, Jun 23, 2023.

1. Owen 2012
    Owen 2012 Guest

Why does my Xbox X only have WiFi download speed of around 230mbps when I have 400mbps wifi?

I've checked my WiFi multiple times and the lowest I get is 400mbps download and 66 upload speeds. When I try to download games on my Xbox the max download speed I've seen fluctuates between 230-250. My Xbox X is close to my router in the same room and there aren't any other devices draining the speed when I did my downloads. I have Sky full fibre max speed 500mbps.

:)

Owen 2012, Jun 23, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Owen, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

This could be due to a few options including other devices using wifi on your network. However, more than likely you're experiencing the same issue I did a while back.

Try moving your console away from and below or above the modem/router. It's very possible that the console is getting interference from the device itself.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Because the internet you pay for is a pipe to the internet. There is no guarantee any server out there is willing to provide you that kind of bandwidth.

For example a gigabit is designed for@ family of 4 heavy users

In my experience it tops out at 250mbps. That's enough to do a 100GB game in under an hour.
  4. Owen 2012 Win User

Thanks for the quick response but should the Xbox X be able to support download speeds of 400mbs+ over WiFi? I've searched around on the internet and a lot of people have said you would be lucky to get download speeds of 100-200mbps anyway due to Microsoft servers restricting download speeds. I'm not sure if that is the case or not because I don't want to go back to my provider and complain if that's true?
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

I get faster speeds with a wired connection. I have gigabit and regularly get around 3-500mbs depending on who else is online and playing games.

The speed would be slower between 150-250 with wireless due to other people using the service.
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

depends how busy the microsoft network is and the route your isp takes, also microsoft does throttle download speeds to keep it fair for all due to microsoft network has to cover massive servers, business use and domestic use.
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox X only have WiFi download speed of around 230mbps when I have 400mbps wifi? - Similar Threads - Why does WiFi

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  4. Why does my Xbox One say "UPnP Not Successful" if the wifi is fine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One say "UPnP Not Successful" if the wifi is fine?: Ever since I got a new wifi router my Xbox One always says "UPnP not successful" even though the wifi and all other devices using it are perfectly fine. I tried multiple things: Hard resetting the...
  5. Why does my xbox usually take 5 minutes to connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox usually take 5 minutes to connect to WiFi: My Xbox takes 10-30 minutes to connect to the internet. All other devices in the house are connected to the same WiFi and working. But everytime I get on my Xbox it can’t connect to the internet....
  6. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  7. When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?: Everytime I go onto a big game like mw3 it says I'm not connected to the Internet, it has been fine all day downloading the game but as soon as I go onto the actual game it disconnects me. I've...
  8. why does my xbox not work on my wifi exclusively?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox not work on my wifi exclusively?: so, after going through multiple solutions that did NOT solve my problem with my wifi, i used my hotspot and mw2 ended up working just fine. at first, it was a bit buggy but after the first game...
  9. why does my xbox only connect to the wifi through wired and not wireless ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox only connect to the wifi through wired and not wireless ?: we recently transferred with virgin wifi and it was working fine until a few hours later when we couldn’t connect my xbox to the wifi wirelessly but we can only connect it through wired, i’ve...
  10. Why does my xbox randomly disconnect from my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox randomly disconnect from my wifi?: So I had a power outage this morning and it lasted about 2 hours, and after that i played Fortnite for 3 more hours and got off everything was perfectly fine. But when I get back on hours later,...