Why does my xbox update mid-game. I mean come on i just lost all my data over a 200mb...

Discus and support Why does my xbox update mid-game. I mean come on i just lost all my data over a 200mb... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; thanks for nothing like always. Luckily my ps5 doesnt do it. 6a3c4d1f-0766-49c3-ba0b-1d865d852b49 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by vXraeh, Jul 12, 2023.

1. vXraeh
    vXraeh Guest

Why does my xbox update mid-game. I mean come on i just lost all my data over a 200mb...

thanks for nothing like always. Luckily my ps5 doesnt do it.

:)

vXraeh, Jul 12, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Why does my xbox update mid-game. I mean come on i just lost all my data over a 200mb update. No warning or anything and its not the first time it’s happened. Notify me before

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

The console should not update automatically when it is in use, it does so when it is not being used.

You can disable automatic updates option.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & System > Settings > System > Updates.

Under Updates, do not select "Keep my console up to date".

Best regards.
  3. noahquinny Win User

Error code 0x82d40007

Could you help me? I downloaded the game with game pass and after playing it for about two weeks and having a ton of money and stuff like that I cannot play anymore and it says this is a trial game or at that has expired. When watching some recent videos
    on how to fix this and it says I have to buy the game from the store and if I buy it with all my data transfer over it and all my money. It says when I’m go to manage the game that it has reserved space in my saved data. Does this does this mean that if I
    buy the game that all my data will transfer over? I have game pass.
  4. Robert Kienbaum Win User

Xbox Gamepass for PC Starfield crashes after update

This is all fine and good BUT it neither solves the original issue nor does it avoid the larger issue of deleting my save data.

I have previously followed the steps as above and yes, the game then launches fine but I have lost all progress. This is why I will not do this unless I can have some guarantee that I will either be able to access my most recent saved data to reinstall or that Microsoft / Xbox App can advise me THEY can restore my most recent saves remotely.

Additionally, this "fix" only works until the next patch update where it happens all over again, bringing me right back here.

I will attempt to talk with an agent. Thank you for your attempts.
  5. Athena Prinkibas Win User

Installation stopped how to fix

Does that mean I will lose all my games and the data on those games ?
  6. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019

Why is there a mandatory 74 +/- Gb update after buying the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 disk for Xbox One. I pay over $100 for 100 Gb of downloadable data per month for my family. So for the privilege of playing a six hour campaign game I have to
    spend over $150, game price + data, and forfeit 75 % my households budgeted internet for the month. Why is this a reasonable ask?

Is it unreasonable to expect a manufacturer of a product to provide that product if full at the the point of purchase. This is like buying a new car without a transmission. But it's coming and it's gonna cost you.
    Because your on a data plan doesnt mean everyone is 70gb for a game thats 4k is not bad plus gaming on a hot spot is not the best
Thema:

1. Why does my xbox update mid-game. I mean come on i just lost all my data over a 200mb... - Similar Threads - Why does update

2. Why does minecraft 3ds not get updates

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does minecraft 3ds not get updates: Plz help why does minecraft 3ds not get updates 84a5c3e4-6b97-4bc5-8702-59eed95cb908
  3. Why does fortnite keep updating every day

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does fortnite keep updating every day: Every day I get on my Xbox and I check to see if I can play fortnite but I can't because it says it needs to update and then I update it and the next day it restarts updating....
  4. Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?: Planned Obsolescence. This is to drive revenue. There should be a lawsuit filed soon. Everyone can join in. I'll provide details. 1c74f1cd-4ba2-46e5-bb63-4b0c64c9622e
  5. Why does my game have to be closed for an update notification?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game have to be closed for an update notification?: While this isn't the first time I've had this happen it was arguably the most inconvenient time for it. In the middle of battle in Baldur's Gate 3 on my Xbox Series X and I heard a noise so I...
  6. When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...: When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't even a couple of minutes a6043f89-fec2-47c0-83d5-0d3bde358e8f
  7. Does anyone know why after fortnites recent update when I ready up, Fortnite freezes and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why after fortnites recent update when I ready up, Fortnite freezes and...: After fortnites new season update when I load the game everything is fine and normal. When the game loads everything is normal however as soon as I ready up the game crashes. Is this an xbox issue...
  8. Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...: Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just turns off and thats it then i have to restart the update every time 1c8704b4-da52-4e52-a310-f815f117ae43
  9. Why does my xbox update fail?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox update fail?: So I have a Xbox one and recently like 3 days ago it needed an update, I pressed update and it will only go up to 66% after that it says that there was an error and gives me 4 options, like...
  10. Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long?: Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long? It pretty much negates having fast broadband. I just downloaded a 7.5gb update, it literally took longer "finishing things...