Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing to this screen?

Discus and support Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing to this screen? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had my series X since April 2023 and over the last few months I have had games crash on me, when playing call of duty this is the screen I get... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Michael Mullen2, Dec 19, 2023.

1. Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing to this screen?

I have had my series X since April 2023 and over the last few months I have had games crash on me, when playing call of duty this is the screen I get when it crashes. I was running in 1440p 120hz and it happened alot. I have since changed to 1080p and thought that had resolved the issue but now it has came back. The games just freeze and crash to the screen in the attached image.
    Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing to this screen? [​IMG]

:)

Michael Mullen2, Dec 19, 2023
  2. Michael Mullen2 Win User

Hi Kyle,

The screen doesn't appear in other games however it does still crash in other games it happens on Lies of P as well but for that the console just crashes and restarts.

I have done several resets completely back to factory and reinstalled.

I have tried changing the plug socket the console is plugged in to nothing seems to work.

It does seem to happen more frequently when running in 1440p
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

If multiple games are crashing, and several resets haven't resolved the issue, your Xbox may need to be repaired. You can request service for your console from the following link: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

Repairs are covered under your Xbox's warranty. Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Michael. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Does this screen appear in other games, or just Call of Duty? Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps so far such as reinstalling the affected games?

Thanks,
    Kyle
  5. William Oseen Win User

Xbox series x keeps crashing during mid-game while playing destiny 2.

Yeah I did all that......I even looked up a video on YouTube to restart my series X but keep all my games and apps but it still crashes on me. So yeah I'm gonna have to get a hold of bungie and figure out why their game keeps crashing on my Xbox when no other game does that. Well thanks for the help, hopefully they can help me because I really don't feel like spending another $500 for a new Xbox......
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing?

Hi Mister C, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am truly sorry to hear that.

When you factory reset the console, did you do a full system reinstall? If you didn't, you could still try it.

It's a two-step process using a computer and your console, I highly recommend you use the source link for a better reading experience.

If you prefer a step-by-step guide here, please, follow these steps:

------------------------------------------------
    First Step (On the Computer):
    ------------------------------------------------

Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.

Select the following link to download the reset file to your computer: https://www.xbox.com/xboxone/restorefactorydefaults

Select Save to save the console update.zip file to your computer (if it doesn't download automatically).

To unzip the compressed file, right-click on the file and then select Extract all from the pop-up menu.

Copy the $SystemUpdate file from the .zip file to your USB flash drive

---------------------------------------------------
    Second Step (On your console):
    ---------------------------------------------------

Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your console. For more information, see:

Press and hold the Pair button (Xbox Series X|S: located on the front next to the USB port) and the Eject button (Xbox Series X: located just above the disk drive slot), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

Note The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have an Eject button. On this console, you only need to hold the Pair button and then press the Xbox button.

Continue holding the Pair button and Eject button for 10-15 seconds.

Listen for two "power-up" tones a couple of seconds apart.

You can release the Pair button and Eject button after the second power-up tone.

When the console restarts, remove the flash drive.

Once the console restarts, you should see the digital setup experience to guide you through resetting your console.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

In case the System Reinstall does not work, and since this has been happening for a while and you tried most of the recommended troubleshooting, we can't rule out a hardware failure.

In this case, I recommend you submit a repair request.

Please, register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

If your device is out of warranty, you can check the costs here:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing to this screen? - Similar Threads - Why does series

2. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  3. Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?: Everytime i game my console freezes, hoes to a green screen and then crashes. Any idea why this is happening? It isn’t just one game it happens on call of duty & Fortnite. Started happening...
  4. Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?: I dont know how to fix this issue and tried many of the troubleshooting tips but when on my xbox series X sometimes randomly it will completely disconnect from my wireless internet connection and...
  5. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  6. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  7. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  8. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  9. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  10. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...