Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

Discus and support Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by You are not a wolf, Jun 24, 2024 at 5:52 PM.

1. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?

:)

You are not a wolf, Jun 24, 2024 at 5:52 PM
  2. Xruptor Win User

Error code: 0x89231806 Blocking Party chat

I'm getting this exact issue. Why does the XBOX One Party chat suffer so many issues? It's amazing how on the XBOX 360 there wasn't this many problems with the party chat. Now with the XBOX One it's been nothing but issues with the Party chat since the
    system was released.

My NAT = OPEN

This is on the XBOX ONE

0X89231806 your network settings are blocking party chat.

I'm also tired of Microsoft constantly suggesting to do a hard reset on the system. It seems to be their answer to everything. Have a problem? Hard reset your system.

PLEASE FIX THE PARTY CHAT SYSTEM
  3. JeremiahNery Win User

False Suspension

Then i'm not sure why I reported him and he was still talking to other people and party chatting. You say it does something right? I reported someone violating the rules in one of my friends party chats but he kept on talking and talking. Normally he is supposed to be muted and suspended but that wasn't the case. I'm sorry if im bothering you with replies but i'm trying to understand this whole thing.
  4. Upinya Slayin Win User

Anyone else kinda nnoyed at the silence of MS since launch?

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

[quote user="Merlin4421"]

Bizarro give it a rest last I checked ps4 has issues as well lol

[/quote]

Issues... and no games.

I'm not sure what the big deal is about Party Chat.

More than half the people complaining about it aren't bright enough to turn on Party Chat.

There's another quarter who are trying to chat "cross game" and then there's people like me who, since launch, had once instance where I couldn't join party chat for a game of "Battlefield" but somehow managed to survivie the ordeal.

Az

[/quote]

I love my xbox, but the party chat issue is real. No i'm not too dumb to "turn it on" Sometimes you try and it says "party chat cannot be turned on right now, try again later" and sometimes when it is working it drops you (with no notificatioin) you just
    hear silence and i'm like why is nobody talking so i snap party and there error message is there. Does it make me hate MS or xbox? of course not, thats idiotic fanboy logic, but it is somehting i'd like to see fixed sooner rather then later. Party chat was
    a huge part of my great expriance with the 360 last gen, and i'd like that tp continue this gen
  5. poover Win User

xbox party chat

I'm also unable to hear or chat when in a party when I stream an xbox game on my desktop via the Xbox App; once I stop streaming - chat is restored.
  6. ReenyReenyReeny Win User

Is there anyone on battle field 3 that uses a mike?

I'm always in party chat. For some reason when i try to use the in-game chat the reception is terrible and you can't hear anything anyone says.
Thema:

Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

1. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat - Similar Threads - Why does I'm

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  4. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  5. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  6. Why does it say i'm not the owner of forza5 for signin klatubaradanikt and it was working...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say i'm not the owner of forza5 for signin klatubaradanikt and it was working...: I can not get my forza5 to start using signin klatubaradanikt and it was working fine the other day before i changed my subscription. Type? 78d75cd5-74ba-4fed-bdd6-2eedac8dfe59
  7. Why does my game crash when I'm playing with this one friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game crash when I'm playing with this one friend: Basically I'm sharing game pass with 2 people and we enjoy playing game on it but recently whenever i play with the owner of it our games always crash we load game up play a couple rounds then...
  8. Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...: Sometimes the power supply randomly shuts off. Then I plug it out for 10 seconds it comes back on, no light flashes it's just the usual orange and white light I'm confused why this happens and why...
  9. Why does my game freezes every time I'm playing modern warfare 2 on my main account it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game freezes every time I'm playing modern warfare 2 on my main account it...: I don't understand why it's messing up because it works fine on my two accounts I created but when I play it on my account that I have for you many years it blows up but when it goes to find a...
  10. Why does it show that I'm online when I'm offline

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it show that I'm online when I'm offline: For some reason yesterday it showed that I was online untill 3 at midnight when in reality I got off way sooner that that (8:45) idk if this is a glitch or someone else that I don't know of has...