Why does my Xbox remove my home Xbox from my account?

Discus and support Why does my Xbox remove my home Xbox from my account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Okay so I don't know why this keeps happening but why my home Xbox stops sharing after my game pass ends? I was game sharing with my girlfriend and we... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by kewingmejia, Jan 8, 2024.

1. kewingmejia
    kewingmejia Guest

Okay so I don't know why this keeps happening but why my home Xbox stops sharing after my game pass ends? I was game sharing with my girlfriend and we both have separate Xbox's and every time I get new game pass she won't have it, and she won't have any of my games, it's as if we were not game sharing at all. Can someone help me figure this out or let me know if someone has the same issue because I'm just wasting money on game pass and wasting switches till I can't share no one else. I hope on her account while I'm on my and try to play a game and it kicks me saying I can't I have to be signed in to the account that owns this, which my home Xbox is supposed to let you play without having to sign in to another account. But it won't do that.

This always happens to me after game pass ends while your game sharing with another account

:)

kewingmejia, Jan 8, 2024
  2. Cryptovelli Win User

achievement refuses to log

I am online. I can’t remove my account from my xbox because then it will delete my home Xbox and the person I am game sharing with does not have anymore “switches”.
  3. RG58M Win User

My home Xbox isn’t working

We are living in the same household and i trust him to not give it to anyone... but i have put it as my home xbox to see if there was somethign wrong with it and it has let me put my account as my home xbox on my console but not on his, and yes i remove
    it from mine before i try again on his xbox, i will change my password and see if that does anything to help but i dont get why it works for me and not for him, i havent given out my account information to anyone else except from my house mate for this family
  4. dubstir Win User

Home Xbox Scenario

I may agree, as it seems that the Home Xbox might be possibly bugged which is why it was not set up correctly as it's supposed to be on your console:

*This mean that you're still log in on Xbox one, which is why it's being shared to minor 2. As long as you're logged in on a specific console, your gold will be shared.
    Although my account is "logged in" and displayed as a user of the Xbox X, my account is not "signed in"; as it says "sign in" under the "who are you?" overlay. The only time that my account becomes "signed in" is when the multiplayer aspect or online aspect does not function. Such as in my red dead redemption example.

At that point, minor 2 switches (signs in) to my account and then immediately switches back to their account. That's when everything works.

Also, I checked under the devices tab on Microsoft website, and the Xbox X does say This unit is the "home" Xbox. Well at least it says "remove as home Xbox". At this point I don't see the need to reset it, and my home Xbox switch ticker is 4/5.

So later on today, I will "remove" my account from the Xbox X and test the original scenario with red dead redemption's online play. If that works, I will test a few more digital multiplayer games.

Once again, thanks for all your insight!!!
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

Xbox Game Sharing Inquiry

- I set my Xbox and my friend’s Xbox to my home Xboxes.

- I had set my Xbox as my friend’s home Xbox.

- I had set up password sign in on my friend’s Xbox, so when he needs to sign into my account, they’ll need the PW.
    You only need to set his Xbox as your account's "Home" console and then your console as his account's "Home" console. Once you do that you can even remove your account from his console as long as you don't change the Home setting. You can only have one "Home" console at a time so if you also made your Xbox the "Home" of your account as well as on his console, you may have removed the "Home" designation on his console. He shouldn't ever need your password to your account. And logging into an account that you do not own is a violation of the TOS and can lead to permanent bans. It does not matter if permission is given since sharing your account details is also against the TOS.
  6. 0JonAdams Win User

Games I don't own appeared, some can even be played

Can my console still be set as their home console if I've removed their accounts from my xbox?

I have had some friends log into my xbox with their accounts back before they had their own xbox ones, but I have deleted their accounts since then and I assumed that would prevent my console from being their home console.
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox remove my home Xbox from my account? - Similar Threads - Why does remove

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  8. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  9. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  10. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...