why does my xbox only connect to the wifi through wired and not wireless ?

Discus and support why does my xbox only connect to the wifi through wired and not wireless ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; we recently transferred with virgin wifi and it was working fine until a few hours later when we couldn’t connect my xbox to the wifi wirelessly but we... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lilly Challoner, Aug 29, 2023.

1. why does my xbox only connect to the wifi through wired and not wireless ?

we recently transferred with virgin wifi and it was working fine until a few hours later when we couldn’t connect my xbox to the wifi wirelessly but we can only connect it through wired, i’ve tried multiple different dns manually and automatically, doesn’t work. idk what else to do we followed all the instructions and still doesnt wanna connect wirelessly

:)

Lilly Challoner, Aug 29, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Lilly Challoner

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, your device cannot connect to the internet using wireless connection after changing wi-fi connection. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

For the complete troubleshooting steps. follow the instruction provided in the link below. If the steps won't help resolve the issue, we might need the assistance from your internet service provider.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Murderstyle75 Win User

The Xbox 3, Make The Games The Priority.

Did you ever bother for a second to run your PS3 through a wired connection? PSN runs flawless. Just not through Wifi because the hardware is only Wireless G. There is nothing wrong with PSN.
  5. TalosGuideMe Win User

Unable to find IP address

Modem with Wifi I believe. though the adapter I got counts itself as wired, when it's really a wire that leads to a wireless adapter, I've looked through both Wired and Wireless connection issue fixes. and nothing has worked
  6. killjoy259 Win User

Controller Help

My Xbox straight out of the box will not connect to my Xbox wireless. I will work through a wired connection though. Does this mean that there is something wrong with my Xbox or my controller?
Thema:

1. why does my xbox only connect to the wifi through wired and not wireless ? - Similar Threads - why does connect

2. I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to...: I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to IPv4? My "Current network status" on my Xbox: Wired IPv4 NAT Type: Open All services are available...
  3. Why does my game have internet connection but says that the Xbox live core services is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my game have internet connection but says that the Xbox live core services is...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c44a4a17-ad3e-499f-9b92-315fa79d69e5
  4. Why does the connection drop using Ethernet port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the connection drop using Ethernet port: When I connect my Series X to my router with an Ethernet cable, it drops connection, I do not have this problem playing over WiFi. I have tried multiple cables, purchased a new Cat6 cable and I...
  5. Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?: I dont know how to fix this issue and tried many of the troubleshooting tips but when on my xbox series X sometimes randomly it will completely disconnect from my wireless internet connection and...
  6. Why does my xbox usually take 5 minutes to connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox usually take 5 minutes to connect to WiFi: My Xbox takes 10-30 minutes to connect to the internet. All other devices in the house are connected to the same WiFi and working. But everytime I get on my Xbox it can’t connect to the internet....
  7. Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...: Hello, I recently made the switch from Xbox Series X to PC gaming. I bought a very nice PC that runs flawlessly with windows 11 installed. I am only having one problem and that it connecting my...
  8. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  9. Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?: When playing for some time once the console is turned off,and when you turn it on again to play the WiFi disconnects and will not connect whatever I do,I’ve had to completely reset the console in...
  10. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...