Why does my Xbox one x black screen for a few seconds every 15 minutes or so.

Discus and support Why does my Xbox one x black screen for a few seconds every 15 minutes or so. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tried to change the color depth setting but it didn’t change anything 0b321620-fa87-4c10-91d6-ab5266357759 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thomas Duckworth, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Why does my Xbox one x black screen for a few seconds every 15 minutes or so.

I tried to change the color depth setting but it didn’t change anything

:)

Thomas Duckworth, Jan 9, 2024
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi Thomas, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

You may experience poor video quality or a black screen when watching TV with Xbox. This may be due to the following:

-There are problems with the HDMI cable
    -There are problems with the way the cable box is connected
    -There are problems with the decoder configuration

You can find some possible solutions in the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/oneguide-live-tv/poor-video-performance

I hope the information I gave you has been useful, have a happy day.
  3. Y2Davis561 Win User

TV screen goes black

Im having this same issue. I changed hdmi's but every couple of minutes the screen black out for a few seconds then come back on. I plugged the cable box directly into my tv and the screen does not black out. Last time this happened i had to get a new xbox
  4. iJai Win User

XBOX One Black screen of death.

I'm now experiencing what appears to be the same issue as Terrell Watson. My xbox had started behaving glitchy and slow for the past week or so. Then today at start up my Xbox One was stuck at the green loading screen for 10 plus minutes before the screen
    went black. My Xbox One then hung on a blank black screen forever sometimes displaying an icon for a few seconds before going completely black again.
  5. greg_window10_instal Win User

Black screen every few seconds

Hello Rahl33,

I have seen the same issue with my Xbox One S. It seemed to happen more when playing Halo 5 ...? I did change out and started using a different HDMI cable. And, it seems to have cleared up (stopped) for now ...? If it starts happening again I may try resetting
    my console back to factory defaults.

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Good luck and good gaming,

SA

P.S. Your English is fine :)
  6. OmgOnoz Win User

Watching TV Through Xbox One – Random Freezing?

Not sure if this is related, but TV started to randomly freeze for me since the last update. Sometimes it will just give a black screen and do nothing. Sometimes if my Dish DVR is on pause and on the screen for 15 or so minutes, it will go black and eventually
    kick me to the TV app logo on the home screen. If I go back into it, the screen is still black. sometimes hitting play will load the video after 5 - 10 seconds, i've had to power off and back on again to get working again a few times.
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox one x black screen for a few seconds every 15 minutes or so. - Similar Threads - Why does black

2. Why does my screen keep going black and showing red and green lines?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my screen keep going black and showing red and green lines?: When I turn on my Xbox One X and get to the Home Screen, my screen either keeps going black or the screen just flickers with loads of green and red lines appearing all over the screen like the...
  3. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  4. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  5. Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?: Whenever I’m on a game such as Warzone and press the middle button, when I then come out of the Xbox menu, it goes black for about 3-4 seconds. It’s seriously annoying and I feel like I’ve tried...
  6. Why does Minecraft open up with a black screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft open up with a black screen?: I open up Minecraft and its full screened while black, I think a way to fix this is resetting video settings but I dont know how to do that when I cant see anything (I doubt this has to do with...
  7. Why does my black ops 3 disc not work on series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my black ops 3 disc not work on series x?: I have an Xbox series x and I tried installing my Xbox one black ops 3 disc onto the Xbox. The installation keeps stopping and I have to restart the download. I tried installing from the Microsoft...
  8. The only reason why I bought Xbox for another month was to play Black ops 2 but yet it does...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The only reason why I bought Xbox for another month was to play Black ops 2 but yet it does...: The only reason why I got Black ops 2 for Xbox 360 again is because they said the servers were up but it's been 2 months and I just wasted my money. Xbox is a joke...
  9. Why does screen turn black except for the health bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does screen turn black except for the health bar: Just all of a sudden about couple weeks ago went to play Jedi Fallen Order and it goes to main menu like normal but when I did to continue it went to where I last left off and showed a little bit...
  10. Why does netflix go black but subtitles and captions are still seeable?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does netflix go black but subtitles and captions are still seeable?: I have an Xbox one s digital edition, whenever I go to Netflix I get about 10 to 15 seconds of video and then nothing, words and subtitles are still appearing but no picture can someone help?...